FA Target Wishlist - Cordarrelle Patterson

Virgil

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Kirk would be a nice acquisition back him up with a draft pick in the mid rounds for depth and longer term development. 

Here would be my suggestion:

UCLA redshirt sophomore WR Kyle Phillips caught an impressive 92 percent of his catchable targets in 2019 according to Pro Football Focus. 

Phillips (5'11/181) started eight of the 12 games in which he appeared last season, setting a program record for receptions by a freshman (true or redshirt) with 60. The redshirt sophomore racked up 681 yards and five touchdown receptions, and can be even better with consistent play at the quarterback position. "He was used more on shallow routes, but on the occasion when he did see a downfield target, it usually paid big dividends," Treash wrote. "On his 17 targets from the slot that were 10-plus yard downfield, Philips generated a 152.6 passer rating, which would be the third-best in college football." 

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA

No player in Vegas is generating more buzz than Philips. His ability to get in and out of breaks quickly has impressed, and he's catching everything thrown his way.

Philips was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection by the coaches this past season, leading the conference with 10 touchdown receptions two years after setting UCLA's freshman record with 60 catches back in 2019. Teams looking for a slot receiver in the Hunter Renfrow mold will be studying Philips, as the two wideouts have almost identical measurables:

Renfrow (2019 Combine): 5-foot-10 1/4, 184 pounds, 29 1/8-inch arms.

Philips (2022 EW Shrine): 5-11, 186 pounds, 29 3/4-inch arms.

He is also a real good punt returner as well.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Agreed on Patterson.

Another ideal FA target: WR Christian Kirk

He fills 3 vacant spots with just his 1.

- WR Mckenzie is gone

- WR Sanders is gone

- Cut WR Beasley, save money on the cap

Roughly 80% of Kirk's snaps in 2021 came out of the slot. In 1 player, Kirk would be replacing the 3 dudes above. With Diggs and Davis cemented as the 2 outside WRs, Kirk slots in perfectly as the slot receiver. He adds an explosive element from the slot. It's a great match/fit. 

Yes 100%. One of the FA out there you can see adding a lot to the team in different areas. 

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I prefer Jerrick McKinnon. I think he brings a different dynamic and he is a better receiver. But I agree with the premise and the thinking. 

He looked great in KC, will be extremely cheap and is a perfect complement to Singletary. 

McKinnon plus Williams or Olave in Rd 1 would be a cheap way to give our offense a huge boost and some much needed speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to have him, but not at Spotrac’s projected $9M+ per year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/cordarrelle-patterson-12309/market-value/

38 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I prefer Jerrick McKinnon. I think he brings a different dynamic and he is a better receiver. But I agree with the premise and the thinking. 

This this this. Steal from the Chiefs. I think Mahomes checking down to him was a significant part of how he was able to beat the 2-deep shell look he struggled with at times.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Special K said:

Here would be my suggestion:

UCLA redshirt sophomore WR Kyle Phillips caught an impressive 92 percent of his catchable targets in 2019 according to Pro Football Focus. 

Phillips (5'11/181) started eight of the 12 games in which he appeared last season, setting a program record for receptions by a freshman (true or redshirt) with 60. The redshirt sophomore racked up 681 yards and five touchdown receptions, and can be even better with consistent play at the quarterback position. "He was used more on shallow routes, but on the occasion when he did see a downfield target, it usually paid big dividends," Treash wrote. "On his 17 targets from the slot that were 10-plus yard downfield, Philips generated a 152.6 passer rating, which would be the third-best in college football." 

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA

No player in Vegas is generating more buzz than Philips. His ability to get in and out of breaks quickly has impressed, and he's catching everything thrown his way.

Philips was a first-team All-Pac-12 selection by the coaches this past season, leading the conference with 10 touchdown receptions two years after setting UCLA's freshman record with 60 catches back in 2019. Teams looking for a slot receiver in the Hunter Renfrow mold will be studying Philips, as the two wideouts have almost identical measurables:

Renfrow (2019 Combine): 5-foot-10 1/4, 184 pounds, 29 1/8-inch arms.

Philips (2022 EW Shrine): 5-11, 186 pounds, 29 3/4-inch arms.

He is also a real good punt returner as well.

Nabbing a good punt/kick returner definitely adds value. What is Philips draft stock? What round is he projected to go in? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Nabbing a good punt/kick returner definitely adds value. What is Philips draft stock? What round is he projected to go in? 

I believe it’s between the 3rd and 5th rounds, but he could climb higher as the draft approaches.

I like Patterson except I believe Spotrac when they estimate Patterson won't not be cheap, $9M range.  An older RB who would want to get paid.

My wish list among the FAs, factoring in Spotrac salaries:

Gronk - $8M, I think he would do the hometown right at Market price

OBJ - $6M.  What a value.  The guy still has the goods.  I think he might want to go to another Superbowl contender.

Bring back McKenzie - blame past usage problems on DaBoll.  Spotrac doesn't even bother putting an estimate on him, pretty cheap I would imagine, couple million.

Then draft CB, OL, WR, and TE (developmental) in a BPA kind of way.

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Even at age 31, I would love to see us make a run at Patterson.  I think he'd fit perfectly into this offense and can absorb the roles of different players.  He can line up in the backfield on 3rd and long, he can run the sweeps, and return kicks.  He brings speed with him that has to be respected.

I can't see him fetching a huge price on the market and I know he wants to sign with the Falcons.  Also, there's been absolutely nothing linking him to the Bills.

With all of that, I hope we make an attempt if he hits the open market.

He could play our Deebo Samuel role in our new 2TE 3WR offense.

25 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

id love to see cordarrelle in a bills uni.

I’d also love to read a few thoughts for the divisional game @Virgil. are you going to post a final one for the season? i need it to fully get over the game 

Probably not.  This board was so flooded with posts for the weeks after, it just felt like overkill.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

If McKenzie decides grass is greener elsewhere and we want to move on from Beasley, how about Braxton Berrios from the Jets?  Fills slot role, jet sweep role, kick returner role, plus weakens division opponent.  No idea what he would cost on the open market.  Would it make sense to approach a guy like this and say, "play one year on a below market deal with Josh and you'll hit the open market next year and make a fortune."

Being a Hurricanes fan, I've followed him quite a bit. When he was playing with the Canes, I always pictured the Patriots taking him the be the next Welker, Edelman, etc...he's a very solid all-around player and would be a great slot guy. Not sure if his hands are as goof as Beasley, but he has more athleticism at his age.

Yeah I just looked at his spotrac market value and these guys are usually pretty spot on.  I’ll pass anywhere near 9m.  

im on the Berrios and Foreman train for offensive additions via free agency.  Get those guys and sprinkle in a couple more FAs on defense and head to the draft 

6 hours ago, FFadpecr said:

Agreed on Patterson.

Another ideal FA target: WR Christian Kirk

He fills 3 vacant spots with just his 1.

- WR Mckenzie is gone

- WR Sanders is gone

- Cut WR Beasley, save money on the cap

Roughly 80% of Kirk's snaps in 2021 came out of the slot. In 1 player, Kirk would be replacing the 3 dudes above. With Diggs and Davis cemented as the 2 outside WRs, Kirk slots in perfectly as the slot receiver. He adds an explosive element from the slot. It's a great match/fit. 

How does Kirk replace Beasley and McKenzie?

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How does Kirk replace Beasley and McKenzie?

He’s good out of the slot and is good at the end around things McKenzie is good at.  He wasn’t used a lot out of the backfield it i believe in college he was.  I could be wrong 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

My Bills offseason:

Trades
• Bills trade Tremaine Edmunds to the Las Vegas Raiders for pick #53 in the 2022 draft and a 2023 4th.

• Bills trade their 2022 4th to the Dallas Cowboys for LB Leighton Vander Esch and then they sign him to a 3yr $30M deal.

Splash signings
• Buffalo signs TE Mike Gesicki formerly of the Miami Dolphins to a 4yr $45M deal to compete with Dawson Knox. This gives Buffalo a very well rounded TE room. Gesicki has been very good for the Dolphins and he may get tagged, but I think with Allen as his QB, Gesicki would quickly go from very good territory to ELITE territory. And this doesn’t mean that I would not re-sign Dawson Knox as well. The NFL is quickly going back to a power run league and having two very good TEs is of a huge benefit for the Bills going forward..

Low risk, high reward signings
• Bills sign FA WR Chris Godwin formerly of the Tampa Bay Bucs to a 1yr $8M prove it deal. He’s coming off a torn ACL and Brady has retired. He would be salivating over a chance to play with Josh Allen so he can cash in next year. Bills may be able to sign him to a long term deal at that point and maybe at a cut price. 

• Diggs/Godwin/Davis/Gesicki/Knox gives Buffalo the firepower they need to outdo Kansas City.

Draft
• It seems that this draft is extremely deep at CB. I think that Buffalo needs to go here twice. RD1 and ideally RD3 as well. Maybe even use one of our RD2 picks to trade down for extra picks to do so.

• Even with the addition of LVE, Buffalo could use more depth here. Someone who could turn into a potential starter while also thriving on STs in the process. Would allow us to cut some of our older more expensive veterans. (Klein and Matekavich)

• Drafting an interior OL is not a bad idea as well. We can free up some cap space by dumping Feliciano and rolling with Bates going into 2022. Would take Boettger back on a cut price.

• RB is obviously a need as well. I LOVE Singletary, but we need a solid starter to rotate in with him. Moss could be that guy, but more competition is needed here. 

Positions of need going into the draft:
•CB
•NT
•LB
•IOL 
•CB
•RB

Keep in mind that we would have two RD2 picks in my offseason, but we would not have a 4th. Could also trade down to accumulate more draft picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

My Bills offseason:

Trades
• Bills trade Tremaine Edmunds to the Las Vegas Raiders for pick #53 in the 2022 draft and a 2023 4th.

• Bills trade their 2022 4th to the Dallas Cowboys for LB Leighton Vander Esch and then they sign him to a 3yr $30M deal.

Splash signings
• Buffalo signs TE Mike Gesicki formerly of the Miami Dolphins to a 4yr $45M deal to compete with Dawson Knox. This gives Buffalo a very well rounded TE room. Gesicki has been very good for the Dolphins and he may get tagged, but I think with Allen as his QB, Gesicki would quickly go from very good territory to ELITE territory. And this doesn’t mean that I would not re-sign Dawson Knox as well. The NFL is quickly going back to a power run league and having two very good TEs is of a huge benefit for the Bills going forward..

• Bills sign FA WR Chris Godwin formerly of the Tampa Bay Bucs to a 1yr $8M prove it deal. He’s coming off a torn ACL and Brady has retired. He would be salivating over a chance to play with Josh Allen so he can cash in next year. Bills may be able to sign him to a long term deal at that point and maybe at a cut price. 

• Diggs/Godwin/Davis/Gesicki/Knox gives Buffalo the firepower they need to outdo Kansas City.

Draft
• It seems that this draft is extremely deep at CB. I think that Buffalo needs to go here twice. RD1 and ideally RD3 as well. Maybe even use one of our RD2 picks to trade down for extra picks to do so.

• Even with the addition of LVE, Buffalo could use more depth here. Someone who could turn into a potential starter while also thriving on STs in the process. Would allow us to cut some of our older more expensive veterans. (Klein and Matekavich)

• Drafting an interior OL is not a bad idea as well. We can free up some cap space by dumping Feliciano and rolling with Bates going into 2022. Would take Boettger back on a cut price.

• RB is obviously a need as well. I LOVE Singletary, but we need a solid starter to rotate in with him. Moss could be that guy, but more competition is needed here. 

•CB
•NT
•LB
•IOL 
•CB
•RB

Keep in mind that we would have two RD2 picks in my offseason, but we would not have a 4th. Could also trade down to accumulate more draft picks.

Some questions:

1. What is about Tremaine Edmunds - a 4-3 Middle Linebacker - that makes you think he is a fit for Patrick Graham's 3-4 defense? Blake Martinez was his hand picked FA signed mike in New York. That tells you the skill set he desires at the spot. How do you think Edmunds matches that?

2. Why would you trade for Vander Esch? He is a free agent and the Cowboys are not bringing him back.

3. How does Mike Gesicki help with a "power run game"? He may be nominally called a tight end but he is a big slot receiver who never plays inline and can't block to save his life. 

4. Chris Godwin for 1 year $8m? Do you think the other 31 teams don't know he is a FA?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I like the idea of your end result, just think it is way too expensive to be considered.

How about Diggs/OBJ/Davis/Gronk/Knox!  More realistic IMO.  Get OBJ ($5.6) and Gronk($8.3M) for $14M vs Godwin($18.1M)/Gesicki($11M) for $29M (per Spotrac estimates).

OBJ is estimated at $5.6M and might be coming off a Superbowl win and the dismantling of that team.   To my eye, OBJ is a top 10 talent in this league.  If the Bills offer market price (which in my estimate is above Spotracs and rising but I don't care), I think we would be one of his top choices - QB, contender, excellent offense- and a little bit of the stick it to Clev by showing that at the next 2 different teams his numbers excelled.  If I had my choice right now for the Superbowl between OBJ, Sanders, or Beasley, I'm taking OBJ.

Gronk is estimated at $8.3M and might be looking to help his home town go to the Superbowl.  So, if the Bills are in the market range, it is conceivable he would want to be here above everyone else.  Gronk may be a little lumbering now, but he still put up good stats, and from where I view things, makes a concerted effort to block.  Gronk would help the run game (unlike Gesicki who is a glorified slot- good, but not a real help blocking).

21 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I like Patterson except I believe Spotrac when they estimate Patterson won't not be cheap, $9M range.  An older RB who would want to get paid.

My wish list among the FAs, factoring in Spotrac salaries:

Gronk - $8M, I think he would do the hometown right at Market price

OBJ - $6M.  What a value.  The guy still has the goods.  I think he might want to go to another Superbowl contender.

Bring back McKenzie - blame past usage problems on DaBoll.  Spotrac doesn't even bother putting an estimate on him, pretty cheap I would imagine, couple million.

Then draft CB, OL, WR, and TE (developmental) in a BPA kind of way.

IDGAF what Sportrac says, OBJ is gonna get more than Patterson.  OBJ is a legit super star, albeit one who has had a couple down years, Patterson is a never has been who became a primary weapon on a team devoid of talent.  I want Patterson here, BUT what OBJ is doing in the playoffs is going to make him money and make Cleveland look even more stupid.  He going to get over 10M next season and Patterson would be lucky to get 7M from a desperate team.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Some questions:

1. What is about Tremaine Edmunds - a 4-3 Middle Linebacker - that makes you think he is a fit for Patrick Graham's 3-4 defense? Blake Martinez was his hand picked FA signed mike in New York. That tells you the skill set he desires at the spot. How do you think Edmunds matches that?

2. Why would you trade for Vander Esch? He is a free agent and the Cowboys are not bringing him back.

3. How does Mike Gesicki help with a "power run game"? He may be nominally called a tight end but he is a big slot receiver who never plays inline and can't block to save his life. 

4. Chris Godwin for 1 year $8m? Do you think the other 31 teams don't know he is a FA?

Well, Gunner, my dear sparring partner, allow me to dissect your post like a dead frog in a high school science class.

Godwin

1. As far as Godwin is concerned, you do realize that he is coming off of a torn ACL, right? Not only did he tear his ACL, but he tore it towards the end of the season and to make matters worse, it typically takes at least a year for someone to recover from such an injury and that’s if they’re ever the same again at all.

2. Also, you pointed out that Godwin is looking at $18M/yr. While that may have been true before he got injured, that is not even remotely true for him after blowing out his knee.

3. Godwin was in a contract year before he got hurt, now that he is damaged goods, he will 100% absolutely and unequivocally will not receive a huge contract. He will be on a 1/yr prove it deal. I will admit that 31 teams will be fighting for his services, but he will not be going to a team with a QB carousel, he will be going to a team with an elite QB like Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc.

As far as Edmunds is concerned:

1. We should easily be able to squeeze a 2nd out of him, no matter what scheme that team plays in. You will not find a better raw prospect than him in RD2.

2. The Raiders have had terrible luck at LB. They are extremely needy in terms of LB. Why not take a gamble here?

As far as Mike Gesicki is concerned:

1. It is a very unlikely reality that he escapes Miami, but in the event that he did, he should 100% be on Buffalo’s radar. You bring up blocking, but you do realize that he is 6’6 265lbs right? Not only does he run like a gazelle, he has the raw talent and size to be a premier blocker as well.

2. It’s also worth pointing out that $11M/yr, is his projected contract value, which would absolutely be in line with what the Bills could afford.

3. Also, Gesicki has put up very solid, if not very good numbers with terrible QB play in Miami. With Allen as his QB, Gesicki may very well be our Kelce.

As far as Leighton Vander-Esch or “LVE” is concerned. I knew not that he was a FA, but since is a FA, it makes my desire for us to sign him to be all the more enticing.

Anyways, we’ve been back and forth over the years, I remember very vividly when you went after me for wanting Josh Allen way back when. Every time I told you that he was the better prospect than Josh Rosen you ripped me post after post, but since you are this boards honorary self proclaimed GM and draft guru, I tend to wonder about your accuracy at this point. 

I find it hilarious that you rip me time after time when you have the Bills taking a 1yr wonder with a torn ACL in the first round!

HAHAHA! Anyways, thanks for critiquing me, it was good for a laugh! I don’t really take your posts seriously and I find it funny that so many do.

Edited by Victory Formation

17 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

My Bills offseason:

Trades

Splash signings

Draft

•CB
•NT
•LB
•IOL 
•CB
•RB

Believe in your dreams

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, Gunner, my dear sparring partner, allow me to dissect your post like a dead frog in a high school science class.

Godwin

1. As far as Godwin is concerned, you do realize that he is coming off of a torn ACL, right? Not only did he tear his ACL, but he tore it towards the end of the season and to make matters worse, it typically takes at least a year for someone to recover from such an injury and that’s if they’re ever the same again at all.

2. Also, you pointed out that Godwin is looking at $18M/yr. While that may have been true before he got injured, that is not even remotely true for him after blowing out his knee.

3. Godwin was in a contract year before he got hurt, now that he is damaged goods, he will 100% absolutely and unequivocally will not receive a huge contract. He will be on a 1/yr prove it deal. I will admit that 31 teams will be fighting for his services, but he will not be going to a team with a QB carousel, he will be going to a team with an elite QB like Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc.

As far as Edmunds is concerned:

1. We should easily be able to squeeze a 2nd out of him, no matter what scheme that team plays in. You will not find a better raw prospect than him in RD2.

2. The Raiders have had terrible luck at LB. They are extremely needy in terms of LB. Why not take a gamble here?

As far as Mike Gesicki is concerned:

1. It is a very unlikely reality that he escapes Miami, but in the event that he did, he should 100% be on Buffalo’s radar. You bring up blocking, but you do realize that he is 6’6 265lbs right? Not only does he run like a gazelle, he has the raw talent and size to be a premier blocker as well.

2. It’s also worth pointing out that $11M/yr, is his projected contract value, which would absolutely be in line with what the Bills could afford.

3. Also, Gesicki has put up very solid, if not very good numbers with terrible QB play in Miami. With Allen as his QB, Gesicki may very well be our Kelce.

As far as Leighton Vander-Esch or “LVE” is concerned. I knew not that he was a FA, but since is a FA, it makes my desire for us to sign him to be all the more enticing.

Anyways, we’ve been back and forth over the years, I remember very vividly when you went after me for wanting Josh Allen way back when. Every time I told you that he was the better prospect than Josh Rosen you ripped me post after post, but since you are this boards honorary self proclaimed GM and draft guru, I tend to wonder about your accuracy at this point. 

I find it hilarious that you rip me time after time when you have the Bills taking a 1yr wonder with a torn ACL in the first round!

HAHAHA! Anyways, thanks for critiquing me, it was good for a laugh! I don’t really take your posts seriously and I find it funny that so many do.

1. I never mentioned Goodwin wanting $18m a year. But he will get a proper deal he will not need to take a 1 year prove it deal. 

2. Edmunds will not go to the Raiders because he is not a scheme fit for their defense. I actually think the Bills will extend him (not saying I would) but if they make him available for trade it will not be Las Vegas who gets on the phone. It makes no sense from a scheme perspective.

3. Mike Gesicki is a darn good receiver. I wanted the Bills to draft him when he was coming out. But a tight end who allows you to run two tight end packages because he can block he is not. He actually took fewer than 100 snaps this year as a "tight end" by the true definition of that word. He plays almost exclusively as a slot receiver who runs vertical seam routes and corner routes. I am not against signing Gesicki. Or saying the Bills can't afford him. I am saying there is a reason Miami don't ask him to block. He is awful at it. He is a tight end in name only. He is a "big slot" by his position on the football field. 

4. My point on LVE was purely why would you trade for a FA?

5. Yes, I was wrong on Josh Allen. That is well established. No denial here. I hated the pick and he is at worst the 2nd best Quarterback in the NFL 4 years later. Never been happier to be wrong. 

6. On my mocks they are not what I WANT to happen. They are an honest attempt to play out a scenario. The three guys I really want to be there at #25 are widely known on this board. As I put that mock together all 3 were gone and I don't artificially try and make a guy I want fall to the Bills. In a scenario where the draft played like that I think Williams would be in the Bills' serious consideration. That conclusion is based on the things Beane in particular has said. There have been years where his thought process has been nothing like mine (2020) there have been other years (2019) where it has been very close. And even last year I said here on draft day before pick #1 I thought the pick would be either Rousseau or Etienne. 

7. You are entitled to set out your ideal offseason plan like anyone is. But when it has us trading for a guy who is a FA and trading a guy to a team he is not a scheme fit for you are going to get legitimate challenge. 

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

IDGAF what Sportrac says, OBJ is gonna get more than Patterson.  OBJ is a legit super star, albeit one who has had a couple down years, Patterson is a never has been who became a primary weapon on a team devoid of talent.  I want Patterson here, BUT what OBJ is doing in the playoffs is going to make him money and make Cleveland look even more stupid.  He going to get over 10M next season and Patterson would be lucky to get 7M from a desperate team.

My point was people were insinuating that Patterson could be some type of under the radar signing.  He's not, and it would seem he would be looking for his big payday (he hasn't had one yet and this will probably be his one and only).

OBJ, on the other hand, seems to come with a lot more intrigue.  According to you (and me) he looks criminally underestimated by Spotrac at $5.6M .  So, yes, OBJ's value is increasing, but to where?  And with the uncertainty I think there may be an opportunity.  I think OBJ would be worth $10M next year, and if the Bills offer is in the ballpark vs the Clev, NEs, and Jets of the world - I think he would opt for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

My point was people were insinuating that Patterson could be some type of under the radar signing.  He's not, and it would seem he would be looking for his big payday (he hasn't had one yet and this will probably be his one and only).

OBJ, on the other hand, seems to come with a lot more intrigue.  According to you (and me) he looks criminally underestimated by Spotrac at $5.6M .  So, yes, OBJ's value is increasing, but to where?  And with the uncertainty I think there may be an opportunity.  I think OBJ would be worth $10M next year, and if the Bills offer is in the ballpark vs the Clev, NEs, and Jets of the world - I think he would opt for the Bills.

I would LOVE OBJ on the Bills, really hoped they would grab him this year.  Patterson has the attention of the league for sure, I don’t see him getting a big deal though, I’d guess 5-6 mill for 2 years.

15 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

you don’t think we are a fa destination?

I think we are or could be. But with being tight on the CAP, I don't think we will be any kind of big players in FA this year. Outside of signing some of our own, I can only see 3 or 4 mid to lower level FA signings to fill in gaps. 

Chandler Jones, Brandon Scherff or Norwell,  Fournette

resign Neal, and Horrible Harry

Draft WR and CB with our first two picks.

Josh gets OL fortified, a shiny new WR, and a solid RB with pass catching ability.

Bills D gets a monster at Edge!  Jones, Oliver, Harry, Groot with AJ, Boogie,

According to the projections- Chandler $16 million, Norwell $8 million, Fournette $8 million- $32 million- we can finagle that.  And if can only sign 2- Jones and pick 1

Chandler Jones would be my #1 FA target!  After securing pass rush, my priorities would be Josh- OL, WR, RB, TE

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm still holding out hope for this signing and think he is more relevant now than when I made this thread.  A fast, 3rd down back who can also line up in the slot....

And return kickoffs.

35 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I'm still holding out hope for this signing and think he is more relevant now than when I made this thread.  A fast, 3rd down back who can also line up in the slot....

Can they afford him now?

I think Beane might have pushed it as far as he can already…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.