Jags hiring Doug Pederson

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He wanted his own GM instead of Baalke and Shaka Khan wouldn’t do it 

I don’t know much about Baalke, but I don’t blame Leftwich. I’d want the right situation that would allow me to thrive. The right situation starts at the top with the owner. Wait for a better situation and visit London in the offseason if you want. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually looks like he would hang out in a pink sweater completely hammered waiting for a lap dance. 

In his defense, he washed his white sweater with his red socks. 

OK, I’ll come clean. I had an unfortunate underwear incident when we were first married and poor. No lap dance was involved. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Somebody's got to do it, its not like Flores is available.

Shaka Khan 😅

Pederson made Carson Wentz look like an MVP, and won a Superbowl vs the greatest QB and dynasty in sports history with Nick Foles.

Flores never made the playoffs. They had a pretty good opportunity last year in a win and in situation vs the Bills backups, and lost 56-26.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I don’t know much about Baalke, but I don’t blame Leftwich. I’d want the right situation that would allow me to thrive. The right situation starts at the top with the owner. Wait for a better situation and visit London in the offseason if you want. 

If I’m Leftwich I stay in Tampa.  Ariens likely retires soonish?  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Pederson made Carson Wentz look like an MVP, and won a Superbowl vs the greatest QB and dynasty in sports history with Nick Foles.

Flores never made the playoffs. They had a pretty good opportunity last year in a win and in situation vs the Bills backups, and lost 56-26.

Well, Now.

Pederson also made Wentz look like hot crap in 2020, and never as good as he looked in 2017

In hindsight, one line of thinking is maybe Frank Reich and John DeFilippo made Wentz look like an MVP, and after they left, he started a slide....and hit bottom the year Pederson took over as OC.

Time Will Tell

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

The only thing worse is that 100K apparently didn’t even change hands for that…

(sorry, too soon? 🥴)

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What's the future look like there though? I guess we'll have to see who they get at QB.

good point.   I think they land Rodgers or Mitch at QB.  If Leftwich does well without Brady he is the No 1 pick of HC everywhere next year. 

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

I think it would help the backup QB more TBH...

Why?  Before Wentz got hurt in 2017 he was likely league MVP.  Iggles won SB that year.  Pederson's offense takes pressure off the QB.  

Edited by freddyjj

7 hours ago, Process said:

Pederson also fell apart after Reich left. So it depends on which school of thought you subscribe to in regards to him. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Process said:

Pedersen only deserves credit for having Reich on his staff.   And then you can stop there. Pedersen showed himself to be an arrogant dumbass in the time following Reich’s departure, ending fantastically in Philadelphia. I think this is a terrible hire by the Jags tbh, and it’s too bad for Lawrence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.