Can you correctly predict who Brian Daboll will steal from the Bills ?

HOUSE

If he tries to recreate the Patriots light offense he used in Buffalo…

he’ll go the smaller shiftier receiver route if Beasley doesn’t restructure he’s definitely a possibility even though the New York media with Beasleys politics  are like oil and water.

Another one is Zack Moss if they decide to move on from Saquan he strikes me as a Daboll draft pick that didn’t work out 

Davis Webb. And it would be a steal.

IMO, the Giants all seem commited to giving Jones an honest shot and have admitted they have done "everything on the world to screw this kid up" according to Mara. The WORST thing the could do is import a legit threat to him...which Trubisky would be.

Enter the Webb-man. Has played for Daboll, knows the system well. Is reportedly excellent in the film room. Has also had time with the NYG before. This is the biggest no brainer move to me.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Chad Hall as the OC once Dorsey is promoted.

This was where my head went immediately as well, and it would be a hit to the WR corps and offense for sure. They love that guy, but Hall’s more than earned a shot.

Everyone once their contracts are up.  Schoen will treat Buffalo like Beane treats Carolina.  There is a ton of talent and depth on this Bills team and those boys know it and have relationships with all of them.  It's gonna be bad.  Also expect trades to happen quite frequently between the 2 franchises.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To me, Beasley is the most obvious pick here.  He may have had a down year, but he also didn't have as many opportunities this year.  In 2020, I think Beasley played a big role in making Allen a better QB.  He has great hands, knows Daboll/Dorseys' ways, and is pretty damn reliable.  A struggling QB's best friend... the Bills could trade him to the Giants for a 6th rounder... it would not only give them an extra pick, but it would save them some much needed cap room.  Personally, I would take that savings and bring McKenzie back...but he and McDermott seem to have some issues, so who knows how likely that is to happen.

Edited by Buftex
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

Don't the Giants have Toney? So I don't think they need Mckenzie (in my head they are similar players). I wonder which coaches he make try to take with him?

Hmm. They have similarities but Toney is bigger and faster in a straight line. McKenzie has that short sharp change of direction. I think Toney should be more of an outside receiver long term tbh. 

59 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Is Lil’ Dirty a good fit there? Don’t they already have Toney from Florida. Isn’t he a higher end McKenzie 

I don't think they are the same player. 

35 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Very possible. Levi is a priority. Not HIGH priority, but priority nonetheless.

All things being equal I think he re-signs unless NY makes an offer that blows him away.

I’m not sure Levi will be a priority. Personally I think Jackson can step in and fill that spot. Then draft for depth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

I’m not sure Levi will be a priority. Personally I think Jackson can step in and fill that spot. Then draft for depth. 

Like I said, priority but not high priority. Something to be said for chemistry and scheme familiarity with team mates. Dane showed promise but don't think he's ready to be a starting caliber CB2 on a SB contender. Levi shouldn't get Top flight CB1 $ but he does deserve a good pay bump. He proved me wrong this season. He's a solid CB2

Edited by billsbackto81

57 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

This was where my head went immediately as well, and it would be a hit to the WR corps and offense for sure. They love that guy, but Hall’s more than earned a shot.

I'm curious to think why you think Chad Hall has "earned a shot".  By being a WR coach?

What am I missing?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.