Why so many tickets left?

out

6 minutes ago, tenderland said:

It seems like there are an awful lot of tickets available for the game. What seems to be the issue, weather, cost. Objectively one couldĀ  scoff at the idea

That Bills fans are the greatest in the NFL.

All the people that want a dome are selling their tickets in protest. šŸ¤£

Ā 

There are few original tickets available; thereā€™s tons of resale available. Itā€™s going to be brutally cold and a night game. Plus all the Canadian ticket holders are pretty much shut out from attending.Ā 

Edited by WotAGuy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was going to get tickets today despite all the BS Iā€™d have to deal with crossing the border. Ā $225 for a same day PCR to get back into Canada, insane hotel prices, crap weatherā€¦wasnā€™t going to stop me. Ā Then my Bills buddy I was going with had to back out because he tested positive.

Ā 

Just so many roadblocks to getting to the game, it sucks. Ā So bummed right now.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 7
  • Agree 1

Just now, Son of a K-Gun said:

I was going to get tickets today despite all the BS Iā€™d have to deal with crossing the border. Ā $225 for a same day PCR to get back into Canada, insane hotel prices, crap weatherā€¦wasnā€™t going to stop me. Ā Then my Bills buddy I was going with had to back out because he tested positive.

Ā 

Just so many roadblocks to getting to the game, it sucks. Ā So bummed right now.

Yeah, I get tested regularly,Ā and I wouldnā€™tĀ want to make any purchase to a future event right now. Iā€™m not wanting to go down the road of that world event, but Iā€™m just saying thereā€™s many factors that will hurt attendance right now. Fans are back in the stadium, but thereā€™s still plenty of potential hurdles to attending a game.Ā 

12 minutes ago, tenderland said:

It seems like there are an awful lot of tickets available for the game. What seems to be the issue, weather, cost. Objectively one couldĀ  scoff at the idea

Ā 

Why?

1) Weather.

2)Ā Tough for Canadians to attend.

3) Pats fans won't travel because they know they are losing.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I get tested regularly,Ā and I wouldnā€™tĀ want to make any purchase to a future event right now. Iā€™m not wanting to go down the road of that world event, but Iā€™m just saying thereā€™s many factors that will hurt attendance right now. Fans are back in the stadium, but thereā€™s still plenty of potential hurdles to attending a game.Ā 

Ā 

Wait till game day. Tickets will probably be $5.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ā 

Why?

1) Weather.

Ā 

Ā 

And 60,000 season ticket holders all had their Tix auto buy for the playoffs?Ā 

Just now, Motorin' said:

Ā 

And 60,000 season ticket holders all had their Tix auto buy for the playoffs?Ā 

Ā 

People had a choice to do that or not. Obviously most opted in. I was worried what's happening now was going to happen if the Chargers were the opponent. What few fans they have are too far away. Never expected Pats Nation to lose faith so quickly.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ā 

Why?

1) Weather.

Ā 

I think #1 is explanation enough.

Ā 

We went so far as to grab a room at the Red Carpet Inn just to have a place to warm up while we tailgate.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's be real attendance is being hurt by a few factors

Ā 

Resale tickets could only be bought by fully vaccinated people.. I know a lot of bills fans and a lot of season ticket holders who aren't going to games because they're not fully vaccinated

Ā 

And the fact that they're reselling means they were already bought from the Buffalo Bills

• Agree 4

My guess, many variables are in play- perhaps here is a few:

Ā 

- COVID hurdles

- Weather

- Inflation/economyĀ 

Ā 

Folks, in my opinion, may be faced with either putting food on the table or go to the game during frigid temperatures and a recent surge in COVID (Omicron).Ā 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Ā 

People had a choice to do that or not. Obviously most opted in. I was worried what's happening now was going to happen if the Chargers were the opponent. What few fans they have are too far away. Never expected Pats Nation to lose faith so quickly.

Itā€™s probably too cold for Pats fans as well. Northeastern folks are nothing like Midwesterners when it comes to this stuff.Ā 

As many have said, first and foremost it's the weather.

Ā 

This isn't going to be normal Buffalo winter that WNYers are immune to.

Ā 

This is going to be a FRIGID experience and that is enough to keep people away.

Secondly, it's tough for Canadians to come over the border, and I'm sure they represent a solid % of most home crowds.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, tenderland said:

Ā 

While the "Final" weather forecast isn't in yet it seems we are fast approaching Absolute Zero.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, tenderland said:

Ā 

weather. Ā plain and simple. Ā Iā€™d live to take my 9 year old to it but the drove and weather would kill him. Ā build a dome. Ā 

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Ā 

While the "Final" weather forecast isn't in yet it seems we are fast approaching Absolute Zero.

Ā 

Absolute zero is -459.67 F.Ā  (-273 C.) I don't think it's getting that cold.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

My guess, many variables are in play- perhaps here is a few:

Ā 

- COVID hurdles

- Weather

- Inflation/economyĀ 

Ā 

Folks, in my opinion, may be faced with either putting food on the table or go to the game during frigid temperatures and a recent surge in COVID (Omicron).Ā 

Ā 

Western NY economy has never been great & the fans are use to the weather . I've also heard that if you drink enough alcohol the virus dies due to alcohol poisoning LOL .

Ā 

Besides these are Bills fans they jump through tables they ain't scaredĀ šŸ˜‚Ā ... And the virus can't get through massive amounts of mustard & ketchup so pinto Ron has got it going on !!Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.