Why so many tickets left?

out

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

The vaccination mandate for the bills came right before the season started 

Basically all season ticket holders were already paid in full without knowing that 

Because the last message from the state was you would not need it

I know a decent amount of unvaccinated season ticket holders who haven't gone

But that was all before playoff tickets went on sale.  So they already knew this before buying playoff tickets.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

But that was all before playoff tickets went on sale.  So they already knew this before buying playoff tickets.

I'm not really talking playoff tickets.. if they haven't gone all season they're obviously not buying playoff tickets 

I don't know any unvaccinated people that have bought them.. but there's definitely some unvaccinated people that would buy them if they could

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm not really talking playoff tickets.. if they haven't gone all season they're obviously not buying playoff tickets 

I don't know any unvaccinated people that have bought them.. but there's definitely some unvaccinated people that would buy them if they could

This whole thread is about this weeks playoff game man.

4 hours ago, Freak-O said:

I don't understand this. It could be an historical game. Just put on all the clothes you own and get to the stadium.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_Frs5r9eFCzm3L-JsCxw

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

This whole thread is about this weeks playoff game man.

I get that 

My point was that only people that could buy tickets are vaccinated people... If unvaccinated people could buy tickets maybe there isn't as many tickets for sale on the market because they would be bought 

There's a good segment of Bills fans that are left out of the market

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I get that 

My point was that only people that could buy tickets are vaccinated people... If unvaccinated people could buy tickets maybe there isn't as many tickets for sale on the market because they would be bought 

There's a good segment of Bills fans that are left out of the market

Or they bought the tickets assuming they could sell them at a higher price.  How's that working out for them?

8 hours ago, FTLBillsfan said:

I remember in the early 1990's being at a Bills - Jets game where the wind chill was -30 the actual temp was around zero. I know I certainly could not do that again.

What was amazing is in the packed stadium it did not seem that cold, and no, I don't drink so it could not have been alcohol keeping me warm. Everytime there was a good play everyone was jumping and cheering, probably to keep warm.

I was there....not sure I can handle that now that I'm older

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

$500 for that hole?

A little less, but yeah. And when you split it 10 ways to have a heated bathroom and the ability to watch the 4:00 game, and 1 free parking spot, 40 bucks a head doesn't seem like a bad deal.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Or they bought the tickets assuming they could sell them at a higher price.  How's that working out for them?

A lot of that I suspect.

Canadians notwithstanding, people citing vax as a reason are being a little silly. It's been in place all year and we've basically had a full house.

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That club seat price is crazy. The only advantage is being able to go into the club when you get cold.  You won't be under cover and the heaters don't reach that far down the section. 

Club pricing is to keep out the riff raff. Businesses taking/sending clients to games don’t want some idiot puking on or starting a fight with them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m 63.

I’ve got money to spend on premium seats and would buy again in a second. We’re the group most affected by weather. Not because we’re older and maybe frail, but because the cold sucks. 

Dome? I would buy 4 tickets again and be at every game..

Open air? No chance.

So the amount of tickets available is more secondary market and its people who thought they could profit off selling extra tickets. I have two buddies who besides their seats bought two extra tickets for the playoffs with the idea of making money. Well the market is over saturated at this point as a night game in the brutal cold against the Pats isn't as appealing as they thought.

I don't doubt come came time itll be rocking and sold out but the profiteer's guessed poorly on this one.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

So the amount of tickets available is more secondary market and its people who thought they could profit off selling extra tickets. I have two buddies who besides their seats bought two extra tickets for the playoffs with the idea of making money. Well the market is over saturated at this point as a night game in the brutal cold against the Pats isn't as appealing as they thought.

I don't doubt come came time itll be rocking and sold out but the profiteer's guessed poorly on this one.

With the idea of selling their extra tix to Cheaters fans?  😠

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I was there....not sure I can handle that now that I'm older

Same here. I was at that frigid AFCC against the Raiders (51-3) and several other brutally cold games. But I'm at the age where doing this is difficult if not dangerous.

That said me and my buddy are making the drive from NH and Mass Saturday and taking some extreme measures to survive sitting on an aluminum bench or standing on warmth-sucking concrete for 4+ hours.

And yes, I want a dome!! Watching games in these conditions is BS.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

But before November all of this was moot as you were not even allowed in at all....yet the Bills were getting excellent attendance numbers with no Canadians.

Therefore, it's the weather, not the border. 

Of course.  Ticket demand in Sept, Oct, Nov is much higher than Dec and now Jan, always has been.  I get multiple people asking if I have spare tickets in the warmer time of the year, no one ever asks me for a December game.

• Like (+1) 1

Driving through the purple portion of winter storm Izzy’s forecast that is most of what’s keeping me away. It’s a 10 hour trip in good weather. 

I’d take a calculated risk for a good deal. Unfortunately by the time scalpers get nervous and start slashing their prices, it’s too late to ship out.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same here. I was at that frigid AFCC against the Raiders (51-3) and several other brutally cold games. But I'm at the age where doing this is difficult if not dangerous.

That said me and my buddy are making the drive from NH and Mass Saturday and taking some extreme measures to survive sitting on an aluminum bench or standing on warmth-sucking concrete for 4+ hours.

And yes, I want a dome!! Watching games in these conditions is BS.

Get a seat cushion. 

https://www.amazon.com/Northeast-Products-Therm-Cushion-Stadium/dp/B00W0J520M/ref=sr_1_35?crid=HO43ZEIR1BO&keywords=heated%2Bseat%2Bcushion&qid=1642081930&sprefix=heated%2Bseat%2Bcushio%2Caps%2C402&sr=8-35&th=1

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Duh. That was the first thing I got.  Besides, did you notice the delivery date? Not going to help.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Don't let Patriots fans buy these tickets!! It's not a long drive, they will make the trip.  The fact people are bailing now is ridiculous. If NE Pats fans are noticeable on the broadcast that would be a complete embarrassment. 

With that said are there really "a lot" available or just some. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Don't let Patriots fans buy these tickets!! It's not a long drive, they will make the trip.  The fact people are bailing now is ridiculous. If NE Pats fans are noticeable on the broadcast that would be a complete embarrassment. 

With that said are there really "a lot" available or just some. 

A lot.  Check out the seat map on Ticketmaster.

Well... my buddy is a ticket broker and he had some thoughts.

1 - covid, you are dealing with a limited set of fans who can attend and many of the ones who would brave this weather already have seasons.  If 60% of fans are vaccinated, and many of them have seasons, then you're left with a condensed market. 

2 - canada, there are something like 8-10000 southern ontario bills season ticket holders.  Those tickets will be on the marketplace.  You also have to deal with the non-season ticket holders who traditionally could buy secondary market tickets who are also unable to attend.  It's not a massive chunk, but its another couple thousand fans who are essentially shut out from tickets. 

3 - weather, most of the season ticket holders and die hards (who are vaccinated) already have tickets.  It's left to the rest of fans to buy out the remaining tickets from people who can't or don't want to attend.  

4 - The stadium is far too big for a football market this size.   The closest comparison population wise would be maybe Green Bay which is about 90 minutes (and no border crossing) from Green Bay.  Buffalo has some regional counterparts in rochester that definitely drive down to games, but losing the fans up north definitely complicates issues.  Buffalo should probably have the smallest stadium in the NFL attendance wise.

Edited by dneveu
  • Agree 3

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be able to use their plastic card to get into the stadium instead of having to pull up an electronic ticket?  I do worry about phone issues with the crazy temps.  I would assume that if you are just using your season ticket seats this would be ok??

Having a 5th home game since the start of December is crazy, stupid scheduling.  I have an extra pair one section over from where I sit with my brother. They have been used by other family or me 5 times, resold twice, and never sold twice including at 80% of face value for the Patriots MNF game.  I tried to list them for this game at $40 but it autocorrected to $45.  The resale market has been weak and shrinking all season due to the factors already discussed.  Making a profit has not been on the radar this year.  Trying and failing to break even has me thinking twice about reupping for next year.  

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Does anybody know if season ticket holders will be able to use their plastic card to get into the stadium instead of having to pull up an electronic ticket?  I do worry about phone issues with the crazy temps.  I would assume that if you are just using your season ticket seats this would be ok??

No reason why they shouldn't work.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Duh. That was the first thing I got.  Besides, did you notice the delivery date? Not going to help.

Then why did you say you would be sitting on aluminum or concrete?  Duh.

And the delivery says "same day" for me.  Where do you live, the styx?

10 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Having a 5th home game since the start of December is crazy, stupid scheduling.  I have an extra pair one section over from where I sit with my brother. They have been used by other family or me 5 times, resold twice, and never sold twice including at 80% of face value for the Patriots MNF game.  I tried to list them for this game at $40 but it autocorrected to $45.  The resale market has been weak and shrinking all season due to the factors already discussed.  Making a profit has not been on the radar this year.  Trying and failing to break even has me thinking twice about reupping for next year.  

If the border is open, and covid restrictions lifted you could probably spin a profit.  Hopefully they don't have as many home games in december.  

16 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Having home games at the end of the season helps the team

You couldn't pay me to go to this game. 1pm I would be there in a second. 8pm no way.

I rather be in my house with my bathroom and food and I want to watch all of the Bengals v Raiders in the earlier game.

I HATE evening games. 

Edited by Evian
  • Vomit 1

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Pretty sure I was at that game.  Don't remember it all that well but it was probably the coldest game I remember.  People in the stands had flasks of liquor and beer was frozen too.

One of the things I remember was back then my family had seasons tickets and we used to park / tailgate in the parking lot of a carpet store within walking distance of the stadium. On that day we were cooking steaks on the grill and would have to keep puting  them back on the grill to keep them warm. I also remember making a big batch of chili to share with our fellow tailgaters. Needless to say that was a very popular option for that day. 

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Pretty sure I was at that game.  Don't remember it all that well but it was probably the coldest game I remember.  People in the stands had flasks of liquor and beer was frozen too.

One of the things I remember was back then my family had seasons tickets and we used to park / tailgate in the parking lot of a carpet store within walking distance of the stadium. On that day we were cooking steaks on the grill and would have to keep puting  them back on the grill to keep them warm. I also remember making a big batch of chili to share with our fellow tailgaters. Needless to say that was a very popular option for that day. 

• Like (+1) 1

The league should have scheduled the Bills to play Sunday at 1:00. At least its during the daytime. Next year when the schedules come out and the league wants to give the Bills a primetime game at home they would be smart to do it in Sept or Oct.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Then why did you say you would be sitting on aluminum or concrete?  Duh.

And the delivery says "same day" for me.  Where do you live, the styx?

My app said delivery by Saturday so that won't work. And I did say I'm taking measures. Seat cushion, cardboard to stand on, hand and foot warmers and bringing a sleeping bag to get inside of.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

My app said delivery by Saturday so that won't work. And I did say I'm taking measures. Seat cushion, cardboard to stand on, hand and foot warmers and bringing a sleeping bag to get inside of.

Stay safe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Well... my buddy is a ticket broker and he had some thoughts.

1 - covid, you are dealing with a limited set of fans who can attend and many of the ones who would brave this weather already have seasons.  If 60% of fans are vaccinated, and many of them have seasons, then you're left with a condensed market. 

2 - canada, there are something like 8-10000 southern ontario bills season ticket holders.  Those tickets will be on the marketplace.  You also have to deal with the non-season ticket holders who traditionally could buy secondary market tickets who are also unable to attend.  It's not a massive chunk, but its another couple thousand fans who are essentially shut out from tickets. 

3 - weather, most of the season ticket holders and die hards (who are vaccinated) already have tickets.  It's left to the rest of fans to buy out the remaining tickets from people who can't or don't want to attend.  

4 - The stadium is far too big for a football market this size.   The closest comparison population wise would be maybe Green Bay which is about 90 minutes (and no border crossing) from Green Bay.  Buffalo has some regional counterparts in rochester that definitely drive down to games, but losing the fans up north definitely complicates issues.  Buffalo should probably have the smallest stadium in the NFL attendance wise.

I'm in my 30's, unvaccinated, and would have zero issue flying up for a night playoff game in sub-zero temps.  It's anecdotal, but I have to imagine that the unvaxxed Bills fan skews younger and are those that would be much more willing to go to this game, at night, in the cold. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.