Why so many tickets left?

out

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you going?

Yes, as far as the Bills are concerned. They sold every ticket. Resale? Still plenty to sell.

Not every ticket… I just counted on TM and there are still 290 available directly from the Bills in the upper deck. Plus at least 100 or so in the lowers.  Too lazy to look at the 200s.

1 hour ago, driddles said:

Yes something changed in mid December.  We now have to do a PCR test in the US for trips under 72 hours in order to return to Canada.  I've got to do a $100 same day PCR test to go to the game Saturday night.... well to come home, but you get the idea.  According to the Bills Canadians make up around 10% of season ticket holders, so it's a factor.

Also - if I happen to test positive on that PCR test I am stuck in the US until I get a negative test, so hotels, food, more tests.  The cost can add up.  I've waited too long for a home playoff game so I'll take the risk, but it's easy to understand why others won't.

But before November all of this was moot as you were not even allowed in at all....yet the Bills were getting excellent attendance numbers with no Canadians.

Therefore, it's the weather, not the border. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, tenderland said:

It seems like there are an awful lot of tickets available for the game. What seems to be the issue, weather, cost. Objectively one could  scoff at the idea

That Bills fans are the greatest in the NFL.

Gee, I wonder what the issue could be?

When was the last time you were outside for 4 hours in subzero wind chill? 

Older folks will be suffering.  Pay a lot of money to suffer or watch the game in comfort eating, drinking and smoking what you like. I don't see whats hard to understand about that.

What bothers me is that this night was forecasted to be extremely cold when they set the schedule. The Bills should have been the Sunday afternoon game. 0° is dangerously cold to be outside all day, especially considering how drunk people will get by 8 p.m. They are putting people at risk and should care more about the safety, comfort, and enjoyment of their fans imo. Personally I think the NFL did this on purpose to punish Buffalo into building a dome. It shows how much they care about the fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Older folks will be suffering.  Pay a lot of money to suffer or watch the game in comfort eating, drinking and smoking what you like. I don't see whats hard to understand about that.

What bothers me is that this night was forecasted to be extremely cold when they set the schedule. The Bills should have been the Sunday afternoon game. 0° is dangerously cold to be outside all day, especially considering how drunk people will get by 8 p.m. They are putting people at risk and should care more about the safety, comfort, and enjoyment of their fans imo. Personally I think the NFL did this on purpose to punish Buffalo into building a dome. It shows how much they care about the fans.

I respectfully disagree. It was done for the short term goal of getting the highest ratings and making the most money. That never changes. Certainly not more noble, but less vindictive, IMO. 

I FULLY agree the more responsible plan was to make us the early game. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

$500 for that hole?

The “hole” is irrelevant when the extra 70 degrees may mean EVERYTHING, if even just for brief periods. It’s like a porta-potty, any port in a storm! Ya gotta go? Ya gotta go! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I respectfully disagree. It was done for the short term goal of getting the highest ratings and making the most money. That never changes. Certainly not more noble, but less vindictive, IMO. 

I FULLY agree the more responsible plan was to make us the early game. 

So you are saying that more people will watch the Sat night game than will watch the Sunday afternoon game? Or that more people will watch the Bills vs Pats on Sat night than would on Sunday?

I'm not sure about that. You could be right but I'm still thinking they knew how extreme the temp would be and did this on purpose. Highly irresponsible to put paying customers at risk and great discomfort to further their long term goals. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The “hole” is irrelevant when the extra 70 degrees may mean EVERYTHING, if even just for brief periods. It’s like a porta-potty, any port in a storm! Ya gotta go? Ya gotta go! 

I am only laughing because most nights it goes for $60.  That is some grade A gouging.

• Agree 1

It’s a 2 hr drive for my family.
1) too cold, 2) too late, 3) too pricey (to fix 1)

Standing on 0F concrete for 4 hrs until getting home at 3am, just is too much for my peeps.  I do have Bills Fan guilt. (4 tix unsold)

Edited by Since1981

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Its gonna annoy me in 10 years when people say they were there when I was and they, in actuality, were not

I already question how many people in the “it’s only a little cold weather” crowd are actually attending this game. Always seems with everything in life that people who are actually doing something, do less talking about it. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

3) Pats fans won't travel because they know they are losing.

Wait till game day. Tickets will probably be $5.

Given the weather, not sure about the outcome at all. Look at the last "Bills Weather" game between those 2 teams recently.

But I agree about the impending ticket price freefall.  Someone offered me club seats today at his cost ($700 for a pair). I have no interest in going at any price, my warm dry couch, quality reasonably priced beer, and going to bed after the tv is turned off is infinitely better IMO,  but my wife does.  Her response "why when I will be able to get better seats for less than $100 Saturday".  And she's right.

55 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We will be there with bells on

14dC.gif

So excited for the first game of the year without rain!  

There is that, too cold to rain or even snow :)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Not just older folks, anyone.  But I 100% agree.  Go through that crap or enjoy the game watching in comfort with friends and family is such a simple decision for me. People can suffer if they like though, whatever floats your boat. I went to the Bills/Browns Monday night blizzard game years ago.  Stupid decision, but I did it. Regretted it then, but not now.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

This is the type of game that helps define what type of fan you are.  Thats not a shot at anyone, but a fact.  Either you would never miss this game or you will, either because you decide or because of difficult hurdles.  At the end of the day there are those of us who will go and those of us who wont.

True.  But would you go if there were a roof on the stadium? 

Come on alleged Bills fans. Plenty of playoff tickets available for under $30!! That's a crazy good price. Screw 10F with no winds as an excuse. This is NFL Football in Buffalo.(Or ANY cold NFL city). Bills are counting on us, and they won't be wearing coats!!  I'm 66 and my wife is 65. We come from Rochester. As we have for about half of all the Bills playoffs games since 1988 (Plus 2 super bowls) We will be there in 204, bundled up in our Bills gear. Bills haven't played a home playoff game since 1996 where full attendance was allowed. That's 26 years folks. Most posters here were likely under 20 years old the last time the Bills played a home playoff game. it'll be a major embarrassment if that stadium isn't 100% full. If I'm the Pegula's I'd take note. Maybe some of this is part of a pro-dome boycott? Good luck with that. The first Packers home game is expected to be near zero. I'm sure their won't be an available seat. The Bengals-Chargers famous freeze playoff game was played in -12 with a wind-chill of -37!! Full house. It's about being THEIR with YOUR team, in the elements with them. Your not going to die, and you'll certainly remember it!! Bunch of embarrassing pansy's posting here.... Period!  Enjoy your comfy couches, and Chardonnay's. Your not worthy of the Bills.             

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

10 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Come on alleged Bills fans. Plenty of playoff tickets available for under $30!! That's a crazy good price. Screw 10F with no winds as an excuse. This is NFL Football in Buffalo.(Or ANY cold NFL city). Bills are counting on us, and they won't be wearing coats!!  I'm 66 and my wife is 65. We come from Rochester. As we have for about half of all the Bills playoffs games since 1988 (Plus 2 super bowls) We will be there in 204, bundled up in our Bills gear. Bills haven't played a home playoff game since 1996 where full attendance was allowed. That's 26 years folks. Most posters here were likely under 20 years old the last time the Bills played a home playoff game. it'll be a major embarrassment if that stadium isn't 100% full. If I'm the Pegula's I'd take note. Maybe some of this is part of a pro-dome boycott? Good luck with that. The first Packers home game is expected to be near zero. I'm sure their won't be an available seat. The Bengals-Chargers famous freeze playoff game was played in -12 with a wind-chill of -37!! Full house. It's about being THEIR with YOUR team, in the elements with them. Your not going to die, and you'll certainly remember it!! Bunch of embarrassing pansy's posting here.... Period!  Enjoy your comfy couches, and Chardonnay's. Your not worthy of the Bills.             

Hellllllll yeahhhhhhh

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

This is the type of game that helps define what type of fan you are.  Thats not a shot at anyone, but a fact.  Either you would never miss this game or you will, either because you decide or because of difficult hurdles.  At the end of the day there are those of us who will go and those of us who wont.

Research has shown that diehards you're talking about have about a 50k fan ceiling.

Reasons to build a dome:

-Season schedule being pushed into January.  Playoffs eventually into February.  Good luck attracting free agents without overpaying when we suck again.  Players now more willing to force their way out if they don't like the team that drafted them.

-Climate change making for more inclement weather over the lifespan of the next stadium. 

-Advanced technology enhances at home temperature controlled game day experience (not to mention money saved on parking/food/beverages).

-True gauge of better team when playing conditions are optimal.

Reasons for open air stadium:

-Save on heating and air conditioning costs???

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Id go either way, but thats just me.  Honestly i dont mind cold weather games (though this is extreme for sure)  not a fan of the dome idea but id listen to the argument.  Especially around midnight saturday! 

I doubt it's just you.  If you're diehard enough to go in frigid/bad weather, you'd go even if they were playing inside.  But those who are loathe to go during bad weather would be much more inclined to go if the team were playing inside.  And probably buy more concessions like beer.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Reasons to build a dome:

-Season schedule being pushed into January.  Playoffs eventually into February.  Good luck attracting free agents without overpaying when we suck again.  Players now more willing to force their way out if they don't like the team that drafted them.

-Climate change making for more inclement weather over the lifespan of the next stadium. 

-Advanced technology enhances at home temperature controlled game day experience (not to mention money saved on parking/food/beverages).

-True gauge of better team when playing conditions are optimal.

Reasons for open air stadium:

-Save on heating and air conditioning costs???

What is this "Research". How about the the Bills, the state, and the Pegulas can't afford a dome to remain viable... Period... It's amazing how little about the NFL market the Bills fans understand. Bills are the ONLY team that has to sell almost 20,000 additional tickets for EACH game to be a sellout. Which means the Bills have additional marketing costs to keep selling game day tickets that virtually NO OTHER NFL team has! The Bills have the lowest league income from luxury and corporate boxes, and it's not even close. That is where the REAL NFL money is made, and the Bills are DEAD LAST by a mile. There's not ONE fortune 500 company in Buffalo. The Pegulas would be nuts to spend an additional $500K for a dome, when the Bills don't and will NEVER have the ability to fill the luxury/corporate boxes needed to help defray the extra cost for a dome. You people clamoring for a dome have no idea understanding how lucky we are to still have a person still considering the Buffalo market for the NFL. The Pegulas are virtually only billionaires on the planet who would be trying to keep the team here, because frankly they could make tens of millions more playing anywhere, and I mean anywhere else. Bills fans have ZERO leverage, by threatening to not attend games because it's cold outside. A Dome will NEVER make economical sense for Buffalo, and we better cross our fingers and toes that the state ponies up the nearly $1 Billion needed to keep the Bills with a beautiful new outdoor stadium here. Global warming, while real, doesn't make a dome economically viable in Buffalo. In about 20 other cities no doubt... Not Buffalo.                  

The only thing bothering me about this game is that I jumped on some tickets this past monday instead of waiting the market out a bit.

Oh well, I’m still happy to be sitting 4 rows from the field in our first (nearly) full playoff game in 25 years.

Oh and my wife, who will also be attending, says “youse domers are soft” ;)

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt it's just you.  If you're diehard enough to go in frigid/bad weather, you'd go even if they were playing inside.  But those who are loathe to go during bad weather would be much more inclined to go if the team were playing inside.  And probably buy more concessions like beer.

THIS is almost impossible to argue against. 

Does it pay for a dome? Probably not, but I know I’ll only schedule early season games. I’m old enough to not be thrilled by the idea of freezing rain or sub-zero windchills. I’ve paid my dues since the Rock Pile. It was fun when I was young, I would prefer my couch and my big screen now. 

I’ve been a fan since the mid 60’s, and I don’t feel like any less of a fan for saying this. 

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The only thing bothering me about this game is that I jumped on some tickets this past monday instead of waiting the market out a bit.

Oh well, I’m still happy to be sitting 4 rows from the field in our first (nearly) full playoff game in 25 years.

Oh and my wife, who will also be attending, says “youse domers are soft” ;)

I like her already, and I hope she feels that way Sunday!

I’ve been to some seriously NASTY games, and it was kind of fun. Odd, I know. I think I’m past that now. I just hope for the team to do what they can do and bring home the win. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Are you going?

Yes, as far as the Bills are concerned. They sold every ticket. Resale? Still plenty to sell.

Nope, long drive for me. About 2500 miles. But I went to every game for over 20 years some of which as cold or colder than this game is expected to be.

I guess if I was one of those that always talked about 'Bills football weather' and didn't go, you might have an argument. But I'm not.

All kidding aside, this is extreme weather and I certainly wouldn’t measure anyone’s “fanhood” who chooses not to attend.

But I hear you @Augie, I do love me some cold weather, stick it out type of games, although I am leaning towards “past it” at this point in my life as well.

This will certainly test my mettle.  Probably do an abbreviated tailgate too, and if it it’s that bad then we’ll just leave early.

However there’s certainly something especially Buffalo-style romantic about enjoying the game snuggled  up with your best gal under a stadium blanket while possibly losing a few toes…

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, tenderland said:

It seems like there are an awful lot of tickets available for the game. What seems to be the issue, weather, cost. Objectively one could  scoff at the idea

That Bills fans are the greatest in the NFL.

Said there were 500 tickets

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

What is this "Research". How about the the Bills, the state, and the Pegulas can't afford a dome to remain viable... Period... It's amazing how little about the NFL market the Bills fans understand. Bills are the ONLY team that has to sell almost 20,000 additional tickets for EACH game to be a sellout. Which means the Bills have additional marketing costs to keep selling game day tickets that virtually NO OTHER NFL team has! The Bills have the lowest league income from luxury and corporate boxes, and it's not even close. That is where the REAL NFL money is made, and the Bills are DEAD LAST by a mile. There's not ONE fortune 500 company in Buffalo. The Pegulas would be nuts to spend an additional $500K for a dome, when the Bills don't and will NEVER have the ability to fill the luxury/corporate boxes needed to help defray the extra cost for a dome. You people clamoring for a dome have no idea understanding how lucky we are to still have a person still considering the Buffalo market for the NFL. The Pegulas are virtually only billionaires on the planet who would be trying to keep the team here, because frankly they could make tens of millions more playing anywhere, and I mean anywhere else. Bills fans have ZERO leverage, by threatening to not attend games because it's cold outside. A Dome will NEVER make economical sense for Buffalo, and we better cross our fingers and toes that the state ponies up the nearly $1 Billion needed to keep the Bills with a beautiful new outdoor stadium here. Global warming, while real, doesn't make a dome economically viable in Buffalo. In about 20 other cities no doubt... Not Buffalo.                  

False,  M&T Bank is ranked 444th on the list of Fortune 500 companies.  Should move up significantly in next years rankings after the merger with People's United Bank, which had revenues of $2.31 Billion last year. Based on this year's revenue, likely will move up to around 350 next year or a little above in the rankings.

"M&T Bank ranked No. 444 on the Fortune 500. M&T Bank was the lone Buffalo-based company to make the cut for the Fortune 500, a ranking of the nation's largest corporations whose revenues are publicly available. ... 444, based on $6.3 billion in revenues for 2020."

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I'd love to be there myself. 

Instead I'll be 2600 miles away sitting by my fireplace. 

I used to love the heavy weather games. I remember a bunch of us bombing out the MNF booth with snowballs in a heavy snowstorm and Dandy Don and Howard were looking at us laughing. 

I think it sucks that Saturday night was already forecasted to be extremely cold when the NFL scheduled the Bills game. The Bills could just as easily have been the Sunday afternoon game.  It makes no sense at all which is what makes me think they did it on purpose. Making paying customers suffer in order to realize their long term goal of a dome in Buffalo is a sleazy way to do business.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe they didn't know the forecast, maybe nobody told them that night games in Buffalo middle of January are not a great idea; ya right.

Edited by Turk71

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Let's be real attendance is being hurt by a few factors

Resale tickets could only be bought by fully vaccinated people.. I know a lot of bills fans and a lot of season ticket holders who aren't going to games because they're not fully vaccinated

And the fact that they're reselling means they were already bought from the Buffalo Bills

Why would they buy them knowing full well they couldn't go due to vax status in the first place then?

6 hours ago, Trock said:

A silent build a dome protest…

Obviously you aren't new here.

5 hours ago, FTLBillsfan said:

I remember in the early 1990's being at a Bills - Jets game where the wind chill was -30 the actual temp was around zero. I know I certainly could not do that again.

What was amazing is in the packed stadium it did not seem that cold, and no, I don't drink so it could not have been alcohol keeping me warm. Everytime there was a good play everyone was jumping and cheering, probably to keep warm.

Pretty sure I was at that game.  Don't remember it all that well but it was probably the coldest game I remember.  People in the stands had flasks of liquor and beer was frozen too.

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Why would they buy them knowing full well they couldn't go due to vax status in the first place then?

Obviously you aren't new here.

The vaccination mandate for the bills came right before the season started 

Basically all season ticket holders were already paid in full without knowing that 

Because the last message from the state was you would not need it

I know a decent amount of unvaccinated season ticket holders who haven't gone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.