Giants cut Isaiah Wilson

Big Blitz

37 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

He's gone from $6.5 million in Nashville to $165,000 in NY to now being out of the league.  

And he's still only 22.

Dude scored a 28 on the Wonderlic.

And he calling the coach a "dumb mother *#$%er????

Maybe the coach scored a 15 and is a dumbass.

A 28 on the wonderlic means he scored higher than 80% of the people tested, a decent score and well above average intelligence.

Sounds like a process guy ;)

Bring him in ;) 

10 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

"stole cafeteria food" 😂

Your only allowed one tray ;)

No seconds ;)

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

They must have a hell of a cafeteria there in East Rutherford

Or a piss poor one with small portions ;)

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Why did he bring golf clubs into the locker room? Like what was he trying to accomplish by doing that? This is driving me crazy.

Maybe he got a new set and wanted to show them off? ;) 

Its not like he brought an AK47 or his 9mm ;)

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Oh so I just realized this was tweeted by Wesley Steinberg. He is a parody account on Twitter, not a real journalist. The Giants did actually cut Isaiah Wilson but the rest of it is made up. It's the same account that made up the story about Kelvin Benjamin sneaking food out of practice. Wesley Steinberg isn't even a real person.

A robot writing for The Onion? ;) 

9 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Oh so I just realized this was tweeted by Wesley Steinberg. He is a parody account on Twitter, not a real journalist. The Giants did actually cut Isaiah Wilson but the rest of it is made up. It's the same account that made up the story about Kelvin Benjamin sneaking food out of practice. Wesley Steinberg isn't even a real person.

The golf clubs gave it away because Joe Judge said in his presser that the team isn’t ready to go golfing and aren’t being their clubs to the locker room or something like that.

14 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

"stole cafeteria food" 😂

This puzzles me.  Since the players as I understand it are allowed to eat what they want on site for breakfast and lunch, and to take meals of whatever size they want home (the Bills had a piece on this a couple years back detailing how many to-go dinners they had) as well as for the guys who are trying to keep weight on, smoothies and midnight snacks and such - what does “stole cafeteria food” mean exactly?

22 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Has the physical talent but the mental discipline is lacking.

The Force is weak in that one?

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This puzzles me.  Since the players as I understand it are allowed to eat what they want on site for breakfast and lunch, and to take meals of whatever size they want home (the Bills had a piece on this a couple years back detailing how many to-go dinners they had) as well as for the guys who are trying to keep weight on, smoothies and midnight snacks and such - what does “stole cafeteria food” mean exactly?

It might well mean all us fishes were trawled up in that big net of the parody Twitter account.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Iirc, we had a similar player on the Bills in recent years. Was stealing food from the stadium. 

I guess if I was running a multi billion dollar sports team and my players wanted food, I would tell them to take all they want. And then I would only have healthful options for them.

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

My guess is that this is a parody based on Judge’s ridiculous press conference answer after the Bears game.  

Missed that, what was the Q and the A?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It might well mean all us fishes were trawled up in that big net of the parody Twitter account.

Well!  Me bad for not checking.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He is a 1st round pick that has played 3 snaps. Me thinks the problem is Isiah, not the coaches. I wouldn't waste a PS spot on him

good points, but 3 snaps is a small sample size.  I'd put him on the PS.  I mean, not like we have a great depth at OL.  We can always get Bobby Heart back if needed later.  

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess if I was running a multi billion dollar sports team and my players wanted food, I would tell them to take all they want. And then I would only have healthful options for them.

They had an article about the Bills food service a couple years back.  It was all about how they were trying to use the latest nutrition science to help player performance.  The Big Guys got extra smoothies to take home to help maintain weight with lots of protein.  The players got breakfast and lunch, and players and staff could take home dinners as well.  There was a lot of tailoring, the staff knew what to feed different players.

They had “veteran shots” with turmeric and other anti-inflammatories and so forth.

I believe it said the players and staff could take home meals for family members as well.  It was like friends who work there tell me about Google’s Cali campus, lots of food options but all designed to encourage staff and players to spend long hours at the facility and not have to shop/cook instead of watching more film or something.

11 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Maybe the coach scored a 15 and is a dumbass.

A 28 on the wonderlic means he scored higher than 80% of the people tested, a decent score and well above average intelligence.

That's a really bad score if you take a Wonderlic some time.

That it's better than other NFL players is irrelevant.

Does this guy think he will get a 7 figure (or even 6 figure) job anywhere else but the NFL?

Let's hope he isn't buying his teammates gold Rolexes and throwing lavish parties.

That money only lasts so long, and the government gets half of it anyway.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's a really bad score if you take a Wonderlic some time.

That it's better than other NFL players is irrelevant.

Does this guy think he will get a 7 figure (or even 6 figure) job anywhere else but the NFL?

Let's hope he isn't buying his teammates gold Rolexes and throwing lavish parties.

That money only lasts so long, and the government gets half of it anyway.

I assume you're an extraordinarily smart guy that doesn't spend too much time around people of average intelligence.  A 28 Wonderlic roughly equates to an IQ of 116, which while not close to genius level, is above average for the American population - probably on par with your average accountant or school teacher.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

good points, but 3 snaps is a small sample size.  I'd put him on the PS.  I mean, not like we have a great depth at OL.  We can always get Bobby Heart back if needed later.  

But like honestly can you rely on the guy? Hart might not be a good player but he has started games in this league and is respected enough to have been employed by two playoff teams this year. The giants are going nowhere and let this guy go. I wouldn't touch this guy personally. It sounds like he has no interest in playing football

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They had an article about the Bills food service a couple years back.  It was all about how they were trying to use the latest nutrition science to help player performance.  The Big Guys got extra smoothies to take home to help maintain weight with lots of protein.  The players got breakfast and lunch, and players and staff could take home dinners as well.  There was a lot of tailoring, the staff knew what to feed different players.

They had “veteran shots” with turmeric and other anti-inflammatories and so forth.

I believe it said the players and staff could take home meals for family members as well.  It was like friends who work there tell me about Google’s Cali campus, lots of food options but all designed to encourage staff and players to spend long hours at the facility and not have to shop/cook instead of watching more film or something.

Yeah, I think the Bills do it right. And I think if they had a player that wanted food they would give it to him and they wouldn't make an issue out of taking food home.

I don't know the ins and outs of the player in question accused of stealing food, but it just seems like a "do you actually care about that?" thing to me. Why would they care if he took food from the cafeteria?

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Have you seen him play?  He looks like, at times, to be running a different play than the rest of the offense. Has the physical skills but I do not think has the mental skills to play in the NFL

18 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Sounds like @Roger Goodell

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I think the Bills do it right. And I think if they had a player that wanted food they would give it to him and they wouldn't make an issue out of taking food home.

I don't know the ins and outs of the player in question accused of stealing food, but it just seems like a "do you actually care about that?" thing to me. Why would they care if he took food from the cafeteria?

Well reportedly he backed up his truck to kitchen and was unloading boxed of stuff from freezer. 

A lot different than bringing home a doggie bag.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.