Ideal playoff time slot?

Bills fan since 87

What's the best scenario for you?

I've been sitting on home playoff tickets for a couple weeks.  I absolutley dread that Monday night playoff game.  It would interfere with work just as Im taking on a new role.  Id have to leave work early and drive back to Roch that night with a 7am meeting the next day.

Give me 1pm on sunday or 4pm on saturday!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm expecting my daughter to fly in from Wisconsin with her boyfriend and my wife and son to come in from California. It kind of sucks that I can't plan their trips until next Sunday night (I believe they announce the times as soon as the last game ends?). But, ultimately, either of the Saturday times would be my first choice and absolutely NOT Monday.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't imagine they'll slot Buffalo in a Monday night slot in the middle of January. The temp that night is supposed to be 17 degrees and moderately windy. That's just cruel to everyone involved.

but then they can reminisce about the December 6th MNF game ad nauseam!

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

I have a feeling that a Pats/Bills round 3 would draw the Monday night slot. 

Hoping for the earliest Saturday game. Don't want to spend the weekend with those playoff jitters😂😂

Peter King agrees with you regarding Pats/Bills Monday night. I would think that Dallas is a higher ratings draw which I assume is what ultimately would drive the schhedule.

15 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't imagine they'll slot Buffalo in a Monday night slot in the middle of January. The temp that night is supposed to be 17 degrees and moderately windy. That's just cruel to everyone involved.

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

but then they can reminisce about the December 6th MNF game ad nauseam!

Yeah, that's kind of my thinking.  The NFL loves stories, and a "rematch" in Buffalo on MNF after what happened a few weeks ago is a pretty good one.

• Like (+1) 1

I doubt they put anything but a 4-5 matchup on MNF, since that will delay knowing who will be playing who/where in Round 2.

Us and Dallas are currently the 4 seeds.  With Dallas flexed to Sat this week, not sure if the NFL is going to give them essentially 2 extra rest days...so I do think if it ends up as the current seeding aligns, then we will play on MNF.  

I'm rooting for anytime on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Saturday at 4 

Sunday at 1 

Agree. These are the two best slots for the Bills playing at home. I hope its Saturday at 4. If they win then you can sit back and relax while watching the other games being played. Of course if they lose well then different story.

46 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

What's the best scenario for you?

I've been sitting on home playoff tickets for a couple weeks.  I absolutley dread that Monday night playoff game.  It would interfere with work just as Im taking on a new role.  Id have to leave work early and drive back to Roch that night with a 7am meeting the next day.

Give me 1pm on sunday or 4pm on saturday!

I’m coming up for the weekend from just north of NYC so I kind of agree with that one…although having the first Monday night playoff game being the first bills home playoff game with a full house in like 25 years would be cool.  if it’s bills pats I could def see that happening.  Bills vs raiders though probably not 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

23 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Peter King agrees with you regarding Pats/Bills Monday night. I would think that Dallas is a higher ratings draw which I assume is what ultimately would drive the schhedule.

Buffalo is routinely a very high draw...as are the Pats. Dallas may be a bit draw but if it's a rematch with the Cardinals...they don't typically draw views.

Will all depend on the matchups. They may want Mahomes in that spot no matter what though.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The NFL has to think about weather come playoffs, don't they???  TB, Dallas, LA Rams all would be warm weather and good draws.

Is there any Buffalo ticket holders who want to be Highmark Stadium Monday night in January????

raises hand. its gonna be cold and crappy whenever the game is played, at least give me the primetime game.

During the Superbowl era for the Bills, the Bills were always the first team to play.  I loved that.  Game over, ticket punched to next round, and then enjoy the other games.  I want 1p on Saturday.

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I'll be at my daughter's volleyball tournament all weekend. Ugh.

REALLY hoping for a night game (Sat). MNF would be my second choice for selfish reasons.

Any other time slot.... Good luck in your vball games, I'll be back at the hotel for a few hours.

i am in a similar bind. Going to Disney world with the family that weekend. My best shot to watch it is a late game. 

the alternative for me is to get game pass, avoid media, and watch the game at like 11 PM at night. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The NFL has to think about weather come playoffs, don't they???  TB, Dallas, LA Rams all would be warm weather and good draws.

Is there any Buffalo ticket holders who want to be Highmark Stadium Monday night in January????

Look at it from another angle.

Buffalo football, in January, on a Monday night against their division foes. Cold, blustery "football weather". Gives them the chance to relive the hurricane game. Toss reflections of John Madden and how much he would have loved to be there calling that one. They can tie in Brady and how we have emerged from his shadow. Lots of story there. 

The NFL doesn't care about the temperatures and fans sitting there. They know for playoff football it will be packed. They make their money. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i am in a similar bind. Going to Disney world with the family that weekend. My best shot to watch it is a late game. 

the alternative for me is to get game pass, avoid media, and watch the game at like 11 PM at night. 

Have them get in line for Space Mountain right as the game's about to start.

By the time you get back after the game is over, they should just be getting off the ride.

• Haha (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

But if we had a dome it would be a moot point

just sayin' 👀

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

But they would in Green Bay where it's much colder on average?

GB likely is the one seed and won't play but that likely is not a consideration....it's not like most of these other places are warm.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But they would in Green Bay where it's much colder on average?

GB likely is the one seed and won't play but that likely is not a consideration....it's not like most of these other places are warm.

I dunno ... Monday Night games just suck in general. I never make it past halftime at best unless the Bills are playing, and I always regret that. The whole idea of Monday night playoff football blows. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think it's most likely Monday Night for the following reason.  IF the winner of the AFC East ends up #4, it makes sense that the worst division winner would get the game that would give them the least amount of rest going in to the next round.   Any time you set up a bracket, you do so assuming the seeding of the bracket holds.  That assumption would mean that the #4 seed would move on and play #1 in Round 2.  One could say that would continue to be a reward for the #1 seed in the next round, which probably deserves it by winning the AFC in the regular season.  In this case the #1 seed benefits even more for winning the the AFC's #1 seed, while the #4 seed gets the least amount of "help" (In this case shorter rest) needed to win the Round 2 game.

Then again, with the NFL you throw any kind of logic out the window for the purpose of making money, so who knows! 

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Agree 1

While it may not favor the Bills, I agree that the lowest seed should get the least favorable time slot (in terms of time off before the next round).  If the Bills are the lowest of the host game seeds, that logic would give them Monday night.  I hope that's not the case.

My personal preference would be the late game on Saturday.  It makes it more of an event.  I can't go too crazy on a Monday night, as there is work for me and school for the kids on Tuesday morning.  Even for Sunday games, it is hard to enjoy myself too much, as there is work/school on Monday to prepare for.  The early game on Saturday isn't good because it kills the whole day.  For me, Saturday morning & afternoon is usually spent doing chores/shopping/exercise/family commitements/etc.   Saturday night?  All bets are off, beers are popped, and the most fun can be had.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.