Ideal playoff time slot?

Bills fan since 87

Not sure how they'll do it.  I believe there is an additional game this year, but there is also Monday night in the mix too.  Under that "triple header" scheme, I would love to see 8:20 on Saturday night.  That's 6:20 where I live, which makes for a very enjoyable Saturday evening.  That said, it might be a bit cold that late for my Buffalo brethren and sistren out at the stadium (many of whom are on this board).

EDIT:  Just found this online.  Looks like 2 games on Saturday and the triple header on Sunday

Wild-card rounds: Jan. 15-17, 2022

Date                                             Matchup             Time (ET)                     TV

Saturday, January 15                  AFC/NFC            4:35 PM                      TBD

Saturday, January 15                  AFC/NFC            8:15 PM                       TBD

Sunday, January 16                    AFC/NFC            1:05 PM                       TBD

Sunday, January 16                    AFC/NFC            4:40 PM                      TBD

Sunday, January 16                    AFC/NFC            8:15 PM                       TBD

Monday, January 17                   AFC/NFC            8:15 PM                        ESPN

Based on this, my top choice would remain Saturday at 8:15 PM, followed by Sunday at 4:40 PM.

Edited by msw2112

Just now, Bills fan since 87 said:

They took the 1pm Saturday game out of the fold this season and replaced it with a Monday night playoff game

To me that makes no sense. A triple header of playoff football on Saturday would be fantastic IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Fallser said:

I'm Flying that Monday night, so guaranteed, the game will be that night...

I flew this past Sunday, and Delta now has a high-speed streaming option so I got to watch the game online on the plane with my Sunday Ticket subscription.

Jackass in the Pats**** jersey sitting right behind me notwithstanding...

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

I doubt they put anything but a 4-5 matchup on MNF, since that will delay knowing who will be playing who/where in Round 2.

Us and Dallas are currently the 4 seeds.  With Dallas flexed to Sat this week, not sure if the NFL is going to give them essentially 2 extra rest days...so I do think if it ends up as the current seeding aligns, then we will play on MNF.  

I'm rooting for anytime on Sunday.

Yes I think it's the most fair thing to do by the NFL, actually.  And I don't really think they could justify not doing that. Put the 4-5 matchup on Monday Night.  It rewards the "higher" seeded division winners (or the teams that beat them) with more rest.  I hope Buffalo moves up from the 4 seed so we don't have to worry about that, though.

For me, any of the timeslots other than the early Sunday window, simply because 1 PM EST is 8 AM Hawaiian time.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Any time on Saturday would be like Christmas times 100! Sunday at 1pm next, then Sunday at 4pm and Monday being least desired.

Yep! On Sat. ,you can be all amped up and slowly(post game) regain your sanity until work on Monday. With each advance of scheduled kick-off, the time you have to "normalize" is reduced, until, by Tuesday, you're worthless for the next few days.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't imagine they'll slot Buffalo in a Monday night slot in the middle of January. The temp that night is supposed to be 17 degrees and moderately windy. That's just cruel to everyone involved.

I don't think this even figures into game time playoff decisions by the NFL.  I've seen too many extremely cold playoff night games in places like Green Bay and Chicago to think otherwise.

You woukd think an organization that loves the fans so much would take this into consideration.  

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I hope Bills lose to the Jets. I'm worried sick how the Bills play at home. Josh Allen and the team are absolute dog turds when they play at home.

But will be great when they're on the road. Bills are road warriors.

Rooting for #6 or #7 seed for the Bills!

giphy.gif

I’m thinking this is mostly a coincidence but I give you permission to blame me exclusively if I’m wrong 😂

41 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't think this even figures into game time playoff decisions by the NFL.  I've seen too many extremely cold playoff night games in places like Green Bay and Chicago to think otherwise.

You woukd think an organization that loves the fans so much would take this into consideration.  

Yeah, true. I'm more unhappy about the Monday slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

The 4pm games are NFC games. The Sunday 1:05 game will be AFC as well as the Saturday 8:15 in order to have an AFC on Saturday. So the two bolded are guaranteed AFC. The Sunday and Monday 8:15 will be a toss up over which conference gets it. 

Date                                             Matchup             Time (ET)                     TV

Saturday, January 15                  AFC                           8:15 PM                       TBD

Sunday, January 16                    AFC                              1:05 PM                       TBD

Sunday, January 16                    AFC/NFC            8:15 PM                       TBD

Monday, January 17                   AFC/NFC            8:15 PM                        ESPN

Edited by ManCrushPassRush

I bet we play on Saturday, so those fearing the Mon. night game can probably relax.

5 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

They took the 1pm Saturday game out of the fold this season and replaced it with a Monday night playoff game

I don't get all the hate for the Monday night game.

I won't miss a 1pm on a SATURDAY game at all but will enjoy the football weekend being extended to a 3rd day in a row.  And I enjoy night games anyway, as long as that is not the Bills game.

I think we will play on Saturday.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not the new Monday night timeslot

Best thing would be for Buffalo Bills to tell NFL that Monday night is not available due to some contracted work being done.

Then have a news report about dozens of eggs hidden outside stadium which had gone rotten.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

For me, any of the timeslots other than the early Sunday window, simply because 1 PM EST is 8 AM Hawaiian time.

I have done 8 AM Hawaiian time breakfast.  One restaurant had a 12 egg breakfast which if you finished was free.

The problem was it had other things in it as well including potatoes.

Thinking if Pats, they are a big draw, so then either Saturday late or Sunday.

If not NE then maybe Monday  Playing Monday leaves least prep time for following week, so if every game goes chalk the 4 seed would play the #1 the following weekend.  So from that standpoint, the 4/5 game in one of the conferences on Monday makes the best sense to me from a competitive standpoint as would be fairer than say having the 2 seed play on a short week. 

Looks like in the NFC the 4/5 game could be Dallas V Arizona rematch. Don't think they'd want to waste Dallas on a Monday.  On the other hand ESPN may ask for a big name team like Dallas.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:10 AM, Bills fan since 87 said:

What's the best scenario for you?

I've been sitting on home playoff tickets for a couple weeks.  I absolutley dread that Monday night playoff game.  It would interfere with work just as Im taking on a new role.  Id have to leave work early and drive back to Roch that night with a 7am meeting the next day.

Give me 1pm on sunday or 4pm on saturday!

Are you seriously complaining, in advance, about when a game might be played? I’ve lived long enough, I’ve now seen everything.

Edited by Beerball
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Are you seriously complaining, in advance, about when a game might be played? I’ve lived long enough, I’ve now seen everything.

You must be A) Not going to the playoff game B) Don't have a long drive if you are  C) Don't work or D) Have not seen all that much in your lifetime

Go Bills

• Haha (+1) 1

If it is Pats vs Bills on Monday night, which seems likely, I think it is ideal for the Bills and great entertainment.  Josh has mostly been a big time night game performer, it would be an insane environment, and great fun for the fans.  Suck it up OP. A real Bills fan would call in sick regardless of what is scheduled.   Gotta take one for the team.  The best ability is availability.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

If it is Pats vs Bills on Monday night, which seems likely, I think it is ideal for the Bills and great entertainment.  Josh has mostly been a big time night game performer, it would be an insane environment, and great fun for the fans.  Suck it up OP. A real Bills fan would call in sick regardless of what is scheduled.   Gotta take one for the team.  The best ability is availability.  

Never said I wouldnt go! Ive been waiting since, well 1987 to go to a home playoff game.

first game Saturday. I want us to win and get it out of the way so I can get drunk and enjoy the rest of the games.

Definitely not Monday

On 1/4/2022 at 11:20 PM, DrDare said:

Manning Bros already said they want Bills Patriots in their Manningcast

This might actually have some pull

Start thinking Monday Night

If the game is in Buffalo the NFL might worry about bad weather and the Pats running it all game again

(13) Howard WGR on Twitter: "Which potential route to the AFC Championship game would you prefer for the Bills? 4 seed and play NE and at Ten 3 seed vs IND/LV/LAC and at KC" / Twitter

Give me the #4 seed. Prefer going to TEN in Rd 2. Bills fans invade that stadium and make it seem like a home game anyway. But in the end whoever they play I will be screaming my head off rooting for them. If that means at KC in Rd 2 then so be it.

I think it will depend on the opponent. If we end up with the Raiders, I think we get the first game Saturday at 4pm. If we get the Patriots, I think we get the Monday night game. I don't want Monday night in the playoffs at all. If we get the Colts, I think it's one of the Sunday games

7 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I’m indifferent on our path as far as seeding goes. Going to have to beat a few good teams in a row regardless of seed.

I am dreading getting the MNF wildcard game though. Please give us any other time slot. 

Why? Josh beats them cakes in prime time

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

Why? Josh beats them cakes in prime time

Selfish reasons. Already going to be cold, give me the 1pm Sunday game to at least have a chance of some sun out and slightly warmer temps. Monday will also be hardest to coordinate tailgating with my groups work schedules.

I’ll have fun either way, but if I had a vote give me Sunday at 1:00

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Selfish reasons. Already going to be cold, give me the 1pm Sunday game to at least have a chance of some sun out and slightly warmer temps. Monday will also be hardest to coordinate tailgating with my groups work schedules.

I hear ya. For selfish reasons I want the SNF game

It always ends up depending on whether or not the bills win or lose. Bills win give me the 1 PM Saturday game because then you get to enjoy all the other games. But if the bills are going to lose I would rather it be the Sunday or Monday night game.

Bills have gotten the 1 PM Saturday time slot two consecutive years now I believe. I think if we end up drawing the patriots I don’t see them putting us in the 1 PM Saturday slot.

Anyone know if the Monday night winner could be forced to play as early as the following Saturday? That would be a huge disadvantage. But I think the NFL would have to somehow find a way to make sure the Monday night winner plays Sunday.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

I am hoping for Saturday at 4:30. If they win then you can sit back and watch all the other playoff games nice and relaxed knowing the Bills have already advanced. Of course if they lose then that will suck. But at home on WC weekend I think the Bills will win no matter who they play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.