Super WC weekend Playoff Game 1 — NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo.  

219 members have voted

1. 1. What is your mindset. Are you worried?

• Hell No! The Bills own the East!!!
    • Belicheat & Jones should be feared

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

It's threads like this that make Pats fans think their team is still intimidating.

I do hate that.

They lurk here, and then bring a thread back to their board, and they're all "we're still in their heads!  Little brother!  They just won their Super Bowl!"

And then part of me is like, well, no s**t - your team beat ours for 2 decades. You're lost 3 of 4 and you're already on the edge - imagine that until 2040.

33 minutes ago, Success said:

We have one of the best & most raucous crowds in the NFL.  When it comes to a playoff game, that really helps - especially the defense.

Facing a rookie QB like Jones, in possibly his 1st playoff game?  I'd bet that he'd rather be in New England than Buffalo. That crowd will fire up the D, and likely rattle him.

Homefield is still a thing. It's why teams in every sport try so hard to get it.  

I hope it is. I just don't know. You think the crowd becomes significantly different when it's the playoffs? I'm not sure Bills fans can get much louder than they usually do

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We are the better team, and Allen is the better QB, clearly. 

But...

My wife is from Boston, I have numerous family members, as well as co-workers who are Pats* fans. Just on the chance, regardless of how slim, that the Pats* beat us, the smarmy gloating that I would have to endure would be unpleasant, indeed. 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I do hate that.

They lurk here, and then bring a thread back to their board, and they're all "we're still in their heads!  Little brother!  They just won their Super Bowl!"

And then part of me is like, well, no s**t - your team beat ours for 2 decades. You're lost 3 of 4 and you're already on the edge - imagine that until 2040.

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I do hate that.

Right? If they beat us, tip your cap and smash them next year.  Otherwise, beat them because you ought to and humiliate them every chance you get, because they've earned it.

Not worried at all. I believe the last rookie to actually won a playoff game was Russ Wilson.

We have beaten the Pats 3 out of the last 4 games we played and the only thing that stopped us was a literal act of God in a hurricane force wind storm.

Their running game is good. They have 2 really nice backs. Their defense is good...but I think a bit over rated.

I say bring em on. 

22 minutes ago, Success said:

I do hate that.

it’s so weird, I feel like people (at least those in the AFC East discussion group on facebook) see Bills fans as MORE annoying than Patriots fans.  I’m a little biased, but… I don’t understand that one at all.

• Agree 1

While it won't occur it's crazy the pats are in play for up to the 1st seed. 

15 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Not worried at all. I believe the last rookie to actually won a playoff game was Russ Wilson.

We have beaten the Pats 3 out of the last 4 games we played and the only thing that stopped us was a literal act of God in a hurricane force wind storm.

Their running game is good. They have 2 really nice backs. Their defense is good...but I think a bit over rated.

I say bring em on. 

Dak was so close

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Playoff Game 1 is looking to be NE* at Buffalo. Are you worried?

Might as well start off the round 3 discussion 

thus isn’t a lock.

Bills win and KC/CIN lose Then bills move up.  Buffalo will know going in if they have a higher seed to play for.

if NE L they are overtaken by Indy and LV

5 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I'm more worried it ends up Monday night like kings predicting.  

Josh will be waaaay too amped

Lol. The Bills have played what, 8 primetime games the past two years? Have you not watched any of them?

Allen plays great in prime time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Division games are tough and it’s difficult to beat a team twice in a row. The choices on this poll are too far to one side or another. The last thing you’d fear playing them is Mac Jones. Anyway Pats are around 33% to be the Bills opponent and the Raiders are around 27%. Colts are in between, so it’s far from certain it will be NE as it sounds in the title. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

I think Cincinnati gonna be a tough out for anyone

Burrow, those receivers, plus Mixon running the ball. They will be a very difficult team to stop. The Bills would probably have to win a shootout against them. One of those last team with the ball wins type of games.

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Lol. The Bills have played what, 8 primetime games the past two years? Have you not watched any of them?

Allen plays great in prime time.

1.  Playoff game

2.   Home playoff game 

3.  Full crowd.  

Had any of them?

He's played exactly 1 home prime time game in front of a full stadium.  The new England game.  

Last year none due to covid.  

2019.  None. 

Did you see him yesterday he was firing rockets that receivers couldn't hold onto. 

Now road games ya he plays well.  Home games with full stadium in playoffs completely different. 

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Division games are tough and it’s difficult to beat a team twice in a row. The choices on this poll are too far to one side or another. The last thing you’d fear playing them is Mac Jones. Anyway Pats are around 33% to be the Bills opponent and the Raiders are around 27%. Colts are in between, so it’s far from certain it will be NE as it sounds in the title. 

So there's a 67% chance we don't play the Pats. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Only reason I would be worried is because you never know which Josh will show up...

Not remotely, he's been on a 2 year run of consistent greatness. Yesterday was an aberration. 

I don't like the Pats because that OLine + Damien Harris is quite excellent. 

• Disagree 1

NE is the easiest match up in my eyes. Indy would be the worst. LAV or LAC are unknowns - would be more worried about LAC than LAV. 

Guessing it will go:

Bills v NE

CIN vs IND

KC vs LAC

If IND or LAC win then we are playing KC or CIN

If KC and CIN both win we are playing TEN

I will predict KC wins and IND beats CIN

So IND plays TEN and Bills play KC

Bills beat KC again and get a rematch to avenge the loss to TEN/IND

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

But why? I'm not trying to be contentious, but I truly don't see anything about being at home that benefits this Bills team.

How about the fact that the Sean McDermott Bills are 2-0 in home playoff games and 0-3 in road playoff games? 

But why? I'm not trying to be contentious, but I truly don't see anything about being at home that benefits this Bills team.

I second that...it seems like the Bills are more focused when playing on the road after that Jax game...I mean it was all business last week in NE and yesterday was a total let down from Josh....Love that guy but he needs to get more consistent for us to have a chance...It seemed like yesterday he was trying to play hero ball at times...Winning is the best answer to anything no matter how you do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

Not worried and in fact have been calling for and anxiously anticipating this matchup for several weeks now.

We have the massively better QB in the matchup.

Jones will be among the absolute worst QBs in the playoffs.

I'll take the matchup all day long.

How does being at home help us?

2 hours ago, Success said:

In the playoffs? With reasonable conditions?

I'd much rather play at home than, say, Gillette....

There hasn't been a home field advantage in the NFL for 3 seasons now.

Further, Josh puts enormous pressure on himself at home, more than on the road IMO.

I don't think home vs. road helps one way the other.

The key is we have the massively better QB; that is what should matter.

Just pray the weather is reasonably stable and it's not another tornado, so that Josh and our offense can distance themselves from New England.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.