Cordarrelle Patterson shout out.

Chicharito

Big shout out to this guy. Today he was throwing passes to people in the stands. He seen my son who is 9 waving 30 rows up and tossed him a ball . The crowd cheered when my boy caught it. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 05 when I took my moms tickets over. I have been to many games and have never seen an opposing team member do that. Pretty cool experience for him.

• Like (+1) 33
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chicharito said:

Big shout out to this guy. Today he was throwing passes to people in the stands. He seen my son who is 9 waving 30 rows up and tossed him a ball . The crowd cheered when my boy caught it. I’ve been a season ticket holder since 05 when I took my moms tickets over. I have been to many games and have never seen an opposing team member do that. Pretty cool experience for him.

When opposing ballplayers show a guy as much respect as Patterson seems to get from opponents, you know there's something there.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I would 100% support Beane signing Patterson as a surehanded returner, gadget player, emergency WR/RB and overall character guy.

Another Brad Smith?

• Haha (+1) 1

Would LOVE to have him w the Bills next year as a McKenzie replacement or as an RB 2, always has had a ton of ability, seems to finally have found a legitimate spot on Offense now.

Just now, Simon said:

Another Brad Smith?

Better than Smith ever was at the same type of role.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DCofNC said:

Would LOVE to have him w the Bills next year as a McKenzie replacement or as an RB 2, always has had a ton of ability, seems to finally have found a legitimate spot on Offense now.

A rich man's Brad Smith :thumbsup:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like when the announcers said that they asked him what position he played, and he answered: "I'm a baller!" 

I agree he would be a great addition to the team....a real "swiss-army-knife" player on offense and special teams.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Another Brad Smith?

Interesting comparison.  Brad Smith used to frustrate me but mostly because he was on an awful Bills team that was forced to get him more involved than he should have been.  Put Brad Smith on a really good team and he would have been a weapon.

18 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

He just seems like a good dude.  Saw this clip earlier in the week.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

I actually think he’s the perfect RB for our current system. We throw the ball a lot, we need a guy who’s an explosive pass catcher out of the backfield. 

Plus think of those zone reads with Allen as a runner as possibilities. He’d open up our non existent screen game as well. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I actually think he’s the perfect RB for our current system. We throw the ball a lot, we need a guy who’s an explosive pass catcher out of the backfield. 

Plus think of those zone reads with Allen as a runner as possibilities. He’d open up our non existent screen game as well. 

That is interesting assuming he can pass block at all.

He's on a 1 year 3 million dollar deal and will be a UFA after the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I'm pretty sure McKenzie won't be going anywhere, Beasly and Sanders may not be on the roster next year. We also still don't know what we have in Hodgins

1 hour ago, Simon said:

When opposing ballplayers show a guy as much respect as Patterson seems to get from opponents, you know there's something there.

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

He wants to be a Bill next year 

Shades of Takeo Spikes back in the day. Bills fans gave him a warm welcome when Cincy came to town, he was a Bill the following season.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

I'm pretty sure McKenzie won't be going anywhere, Beasly and Sanders may not be on the roster next year. We also still don't know what we have in Hodgins

I wouldn't be so sure. Even after flashing against Miami last season the Bills let him hit FA last offseason and didn't seem in a huge rush to get him back. Wouldn't shock me if they let some others team pay him a bit more than they would value him at.

9 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Sounds like a very nice guy. And he’s having a hell of a year. Guy can do it all. Run, receive and return. I’d give a lot to get him on the Bills. 

He's also pretty fresh.  Hasn't had top many reps in his day due to teams not knowing how to use him 

1 hour ago, Chicharito said:

I am willing to bet unless ATL pays him he will be a Bill in 2022. 

he is what McD calls a Football player and has the right DNA. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Even after flashing against Miami last season the Bills let him hit FA last offseason and didn't seem in a huge rush to get him back. Wouldn't shock me if they let some others team pay him a bit more than they would value him at.

They'll keep McKenzie and Davis for half the cost of Beasley and Sanders with no drop off in production, in my opinion. With the rumors of the Bills exploring a trade for Barkley, they're not opposed to spending some money on another offensive weapon. I'd rather have Patterson than Barkley especially since he'll cost much less.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Haven’t heard that.  Where did you see this?

There was a couple around the deadline.  They are starting to ramp up again with the season winding down. 

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-giants/saquon-barkley-trade-rumors-bills-twitter/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

Number 14 for the Colts did this a few weeks at the opposite end zone as Diggs. I’m too lazy to look up who that is but I thought that it was cool

Was just about to post this.  It’s becoming more normal this year - but still very cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MPT said:

They'll keep McKenzie and Davis for half the cost of Beasley and Sanders with no drop off in production, in my opinion. With the rumors of the Bills exploring a trade for Barkley, they're not opposed to spending some money on another offensive weapon. I'd rather have Patterson than Barkley especially since he'll cost much less.

Barkley rumors? What rumors? Oh, just the Twitter Clowns?  Don't see that happening in the least.

And again...McKenzie doesn't nearly seem as valued to the staff as he is to fans. Would not shock me to see him rolled out along with Beasley (cap) and Sanders (age). 

Spotrac estimates he’ll be the 8th high paid RB in the league making almost 10M per year after he signs in free agency.  I don’t see how this will be a possibility.  Motor was a beast today and has been in recent weeks.  He’s earned the starting spot next season imo.  Give him a better OL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Barkley rumors? What rumors? Oh, just the Twitter Clowns?  Don't see that happening in the least.

And again...McKenzie doesn't nearly seem as valued to the staff as he is to fans. Would not shock me to see him rolled out along with Beasley (cap) and Sanders (age). 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/saquon-barkley-trade-2022-giants/

Take it for what it’s worth. A rumor…

4 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I've seen it. It's literally worth nothing. It's made up fantasy that is the result of people trying to get attention on Twitter.

This is glorified fan fiction that in 2 years people will say "Hey, remember when Beane tried to trade for Barkley?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.