Including All the 90s Super Bowl Players, Allen is My Favorite of all Time

BuffaloBaumer

Let me first say that i went to all the games during the 90s and have huge respect for all. Bruce Smith was always my favorite and I can honestly say that Allen has gone straight to the top. He embodies everything this city has ever wanted and I have no doubt that when he reaches a Super Bowl, it will be all business. There will be no partying, bickering, etc...he is an absolute warrior and has the personality that every fan craves. What a game today, just so fired up for those guys in the locker room!!!!!! Off to Mexico!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Let me first say that i went to all the games during the 90s and have huge respect for all. Bruce Smith was always my favorite and I can honestly say that Allen has gone straight to the top. He embodies everything this city has ever wanted and I have no doubt that when he reaches a Super Bowl, it will be all business. There will be no partying, bickering, etc...he is an absolute warrior and has the personality that every fan craves. What a game today, just so fired up for those guys in the locker room!!!!!! Off to Mexico!!!!!!

Agree on all counts.  Bruce was unreal at the 3rd down sack that changed and closed out games.   And Allen is a monster in a different way.  I agree 100%.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That little subtle goodbye wave to the Pats fans after celebrating the last TD to Knox as he was walking off the field was hilarious!

Dang it. I missed that.

I need a video of that.

Bruce was my favorite as a kid.  The most dominate player I remember the Bills having.  But, I cant even count the amount of times I say during the game "what a beast"  or "thank God for our QB."

Will probably go down as the best QB the Bills have ever had.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Kyle Williams is mine but it could be Josh when its all said and done.

Its funny the Superbowl guys were never my favorite , maybe because of all the divaness. Form the 90s my favourite players were Ted Washington, Bryce Paup , Phil Hansen and pete Metzellars 

• Like (+1) 1

I remember when there were swirling rumors the day of the draft that Cleveland was going to take Allen #1 overall.

What would've happened then?

Jets stay with Darnold, Bills draft Baker or Rosen or skip on QB overall? Good thing we don't ever need to know!

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That little subtle goodbye wave to the Pats fans after celebrating the last TD to Knox as he was walking off the field was hilarious!

Allen has always been this *subtle* trash talker !!!

52 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thurman Thomas still my favorite followed by Bruce Smith. 

Allen is rapidly climbing my list. 

Thurman and Bruce never had to win anything by themselves..  Allen is willing this team to be a great team with a bunch of nobody's (at least as per the league).   He is a supreme leader.

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Allen has always been this *subtle* trash talker !!!

Thurman and Bruce never had to win anything by themselves..  Allen is willing this team to be a great team with a bunch of nobody's (at least as per the league).   He is a supreme leader.

Go back and watch some games from the 90's. SuperBowl XXV was almost won by Thurman himself. If Talley could make a single tackle during the game, Thurman is SuperBowl MVP.

I'm not taking anything away from Allen. You can go back and check but he is the QB I wanted pre-draft over everyone else. 

He is on a trajectory only a handful of players in NFL history have ever approached. Just needs more games playing at this level to be an all time great

I agree. I've been a fan since 1984, caught the entire 90s run in person, and Josh is without a doubt my favorite player to this point.  Loved Thurm, Bruce and especially Andre (before Super Bowl XXV), but Josh is a cut above in the pure joy to watch category.  You only see a couple of dudes like this in an entire lifetime IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

It’s hard not to love Josh. He is such a likable player. Both in terms of his personality and style of play. Here is hoping the Bills can put the team around Josh to get him a Super Bowl!

I have heard fans of other AFC East teams say that Allen is unlikeable and cocky. They say the same about McDermott. I was surprised at first, but I can kind of see it. Allen does talk trash sometimes and he certainly is confident. It's easy to hate the QB that beats you a lot.

Can't say I understand the McDermott hate, though. He mostly just stands there and claps for his players. He has only gotten animated with the refs a couple of times. He is usually pretty calm. That first pats game was the worst I have ever seen him.

It's interesting to try to think of certain players we love as Bills fans from the perspective of other fans. For instance, I could see them hating Diggs because Diggs talks a lot and gets animated sometimes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.