Mortensen: Cole Beasley facing fines of over $100K over COVID protocol violations

PromoTheRobot

I saw this earlier. I have no issues with his personal choice, though I don’t like it, but he should be fined if he is blatantly ignoring the rules which are there to limit COVID issues on the team. If he is influencing others to not take maximum precautions to prevent infection, that is a huge problem.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Love Cole as a player, but I think it's his last year here.   In other news, Goodell is a clown.  The fact that they are allowing a player who committed a federal offense to continue playing, but are fining another guy 100k for not wearing his mask properly is inane. 

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^^

lil’dirty played an awesome game today. Cole has probably worked himself out of the NFL next season.

Yes let’s forget how clutch Beas has been the past 2 years and ball wash Mackenzie after 1 game. Geez. 

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, AlfaBill said:

Yes let’s forget how clutch Beas has been the past 2 years and ball wash Mackenzie after 1 game. Geez. 

Beasley has acted like an ass all season. OK, he chooses not to get vaccinated. This is a fair personal decision but keep your mouth shut and go on like a professional. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I’m getting a little exhausted by Beasley making this such an issue. I get that he doesn’t like it, I won’t get into whether it’s justified or not, but these rules were established and teams have to roll with it. What has his resistance accomplished? It’s only hurt us. 

I hate wearing seatbelts!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Beasley has acted like an ass all season. OK, he chooses not to get vaccinated. This is a fair personal decision but keep your mouth shut and go on like a professional. 

He has a right to say his piece and to try to work for change before the season started and while the rules hadn’t been set yet.

But I thought he had it right when he deleted his Twitter and said it was like a huge weight lifted off of him.  Once the season started, the rules were the rules and the only thing further talk could do was make it about him and not the team.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Haters in Buffalo can’t help themselves. Bease has been a wonderful addition to this team, but haters want to mail him to a cross for thinking different then they do.

The nature of Cole Beasely's contract made it incredibly unlikely he was going to be on the team past this year. I'm not sure what confuses you about that. That was well before his twitter problems. 

6 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Let the guy do what he wants. The 100k is news but in the grand scheme of what he makes, lt's little more than a traffic ticket to you or me. 

It's probably 2% of his take home pay (100k on 8.4 million pretax, highest bracket fed/state/local).  Assuming NYS speeding ticket about $150 then that would be a annual salary of $7500, less than half the minimum wage.  I bet you make more than that...

So no, this is a chunk, even for a millionaire. 

Anyway, it's not a workplace that "lets a guy do what he wants".   Yours probably isn't either.

• Like (+1) 4

I love Beasley for what he brings on the field. The guy is a warrior out there.  But if he is blatantly breaking COVID rules off the field, that is definitely not what this team needs. He has to follow rules for 5 months to minimize infections on the team. How hard is that to do? To break the COVID rules is just selfish. Players need to be available to play. Nothing else matters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

I love Beasley for what he brings on the field. The guy is a warrior out there.  But if he is blatantly breaking COVID rules off the field, that is definitely not what this team needs. He has to follow rules for 5 months to minimize infections on the team. How hard is that to do? To break the COVID rules is just selfish. Players need to be available to play. Nothing else matters. 

to me Andy it is indeed that black and white simple. all the rest to me is noise and obstinance Im fed up.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Cole is a great player and adds another dimension to the offense.  I have no problem with him not getting vaxed.  But casue of the non stop bitching and whining he might have to go.  His tweet last night was more of the same BS. His message was lame. 

"Just checking in everybody. I'm still partying. Be back soon. Hate it or love it. Go Bills!"

Party on buddy. 

Um, that’s a picture of Beas in an undershirt, in his bed.  I doubt he’s taking pictures of himself in bed “partying” because he’s full of vim and vigor, doing ladders and Peloton workouts.

At least, if I wanted to persuade people there was nothing wrong with me and I was ready to “party” on the field, that isn’t the image I’d share.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The nature of Cole Beasely's contract made it incredibly unlikely he was going to be on the team past this year. I'm not sure what confuses you about that. That was well before his twitter problems. 

I don’t know what you don’t understand about the irrational hatred of this man. Contracts can be renegotiated and players can take less money. If Beasley is treated in person in Buffalo the way he is treated on this forum, he probably is looking to leave, someone will pay him for his production.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, that’s a picture of Beas in an undershirt, in his bed.  I doubt he’s taking pictures of himself in bed “partying” because he’s full of vim and vigor, doing ladders and Peloton workouts.

At least, if I wanted to persuade people there was nothing wrong with me and I was ready to “party” on the field, that isn’t the image I’d share.

Captain obvious post of the day, luv it👍

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Aaronthebaron said:

I’m getting a little exhausted by Beasley making this such an issue. I get that he doesn’t like it, I won’t get into whether it’s justified or not, but these rules were established and teams have to roll with it. What has his resistance accomplished? It’s only hurt us. 

Lol at the Jabroni who disagreed with this post. 

good post, great points.

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Haters in Buffalo can’t help themselves. Bease has been a wonderful addition to this team, but haters want to mail him to a cross for thinking different then they do.

The Price of wood is outrageous, a Sturdy pressure treated wooden Cross will cost you at least $400 plus tax, set up and delivery charges

-Pass

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's probably 2% of his take home pay (100k on 8.4 million pretax, highest bracket fed/state/local).  Assuming NYS speeding ticket about $150 then that would be a annual salary of $7500, less than half the minimum wage.  I bet you make more than that...

So no, this is a chunk, even for a millionaire. 

Anyway, it's not a workplace that "lets a guy do what he wants".   Yours probably isn't either.

It's not affecting his livelihood in any way. He should probably be gone next year, but I can think of different rules before anthems that say, yes an nfl player can do what e wants to and its not like employer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.