Mortensen: Cole Beasley facing fines of over $100K over COVID protocol violations

PromoTheRobot

26 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

This may well be Beasleys last season with the Bills, but the disrespect shown him because McKenzie had a good game?  Gotta say, plenty of crappy bills fans out there …

Beasley has been an excellent player on field. He has been anything but OFF field this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He’s not going to be cut.  What a silly notion.

But today was McKenzie’s chance to make a statement that healthy McKenzie might be better than broken leg Beas or damaged ribs Beas, and should maybe be getting a few more looks over healthy Beas.  Statement made, printed, and signed.

You are right, of course. But I’m angry with him for sabotaging our season. I believe he influenced McKenzie, Davis and others to “rebel” against the vax and sowed discord in our locker room.

Maybe it’s no coincidence that we just played a great team game without him.

Edited by Ray Stonada
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If he misses additional games because of being stupid (Not Covid) then he deserves all the flak he gets. He doesn’t deserve poor treatment because he caught Covid.

This topic is about his fines, which are concerning. If he keeps breaking the rules he will get a suspension for sure.

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You really haven’t been paying attention to the personal hatred on the board for this man.  His actions are related to his thoughts. Yes he’s posted some foolish tweets, but it’s his personal medical choice which is absolutely nobody’s business except his and his wife’s which has a number of posters panties in a twist. I can’t believe you don’t see that. He got Covid, big deal, how may others have had it this year, how many more will? How many games have vaccinated players missed? There is a giant irrational hatred of Beasley here, a player who played through a fractured leg last year and gave his all. Booed at games and trashed online for a personal health decision. Any tweets have had zero affect on his play or playing time, pretending it has is ignorant.

You and Beas need to realize what I had to....when you're in a losing battle...make your point known...then leave it alone. But understand, it's still a losing battle.

• Agree 2

You really haven’t been paying attention to the personal hatred on the board for this man.  His actions are related to his thoughts. Yes he’s posted some foolish tweets, but it’s his personal medical choice which is absolutely nobody’s business except his and his wife’s which has a number of posters panties in a twist. I can’t believe you don’t see that. He got Covid, big deal, how may others have had it this year, how many more will? How many games have vaccinated players missed? There is a giant irrational hatred of Beasley here, a player who played through a fractured leg last year and gave his all. Booed at games and trashed online for a personal health decision. Any tweets have had zero affect on his play or playing time, pretending it has is ignorant.

I can only speak for myself but this has nothing to do with his personal choice regarding the vaccine.  It also doesn't have to do with his tweets per say.  It doesn't even have anything to do with him getting Covid.  Its the blatant disregard for the rules of the league and he has placed himself to be more important than the team.

I don't care that he didn't get vaxed

I don't care that he acts like an idiot on twitter

I don't care that he got Covid

I care that he doesn't follow the rules.

I don't care what anyone thinks of the NFL rules.  They are the rules that were agreed to and should be followed period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, MJS said:

This topic is about his fines, which are concerning. If he keeps breaking the rules he will get a suspension for sure.

We’ll wasting money is foolish on his part, but that’s his business, till he gets suspended. If that happens I wouldn’t defend him, quite the opposite…

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^^

lil’dirty played an awesome game today. Cole has probably worked himself out of the NFL next season.

The problem with McKenzie hasn't been talent, it has been consistency. Maybe he has turned the corner and is now a better player. He has needed a kick in the pants each year he has been here, though.

Beasley, on the other hand, is very consistent. Coaches like consistency.

47 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Let the guy do what he wants. The 100k is news but in the grand scheme of what he makes, lt's little more than a traffic ticket to you or me. 

Since it fines are donated he can claim he is just being a good guy until he is suspended unless his actions cause issue with other people.

8 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

You are right, of course. But I’m angry with him for sabotaging our season. I believe he influenced McKenzie, Davis and others to “rebel” against the vax and sowed discord in our locker room.

Maybe it’s no coincidence that we just played a great team game without him.

You have not one damned ounce of proof to back up your National Enquire-like statement.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Defending a man’s freedom and personal choice might be a losing battle in a sea of ignorance, but it’s never the wrong thing to do. Not my problem the sheep here think collectively that one should give up personal freedom because a tyrannical leadership tries to force it upon them.

You are making the mistake thinking this is all about getting vaxed. He can make any choice he wants.  If he choses not to get vaxed then follow the rules... wear a mask inside and get tested daily.  Thats it.  His utter lack of respect for that is the problem.

It may have only hurt himself so far but it could hurt the team. First it hurts the team when he is unavailable.  Vaxed people can come back faster than non vaxed. Thats fine its whatever.  Right now he is just fined.  He keeps up the same attitude he could be suspended a playoff game next.  Maybe the team takes a fine.  Maybe the team loses a draft pick.  Not because he didn't get vaxed but because he didn't follow the rules.  Its that simple.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I can only speak for myself but this has nothing to do with his personal choice regarding the vaccine.  It also doesn't have to do with his tweets per say.  It doesn't even have anything to do with him getting Covid.  Its the blatant disregard for the rules of the league and he has placed himself to be more important than the team.

I don't care that he didn't get vaxed

I don't care that he acts like an idiot on twitter

I don't care that he got Covid

I care that he doesn't follow the rules.

I don't care what anyone thinks of the NFL rules.  They are the rules that were agreed to and should be followed period.

You are only one of few who can say that. I’ve seen vitriol here towards the man that is embarrassing hatred of a human being. Honestly the players union shouldn’t have rushed to except the rules pushed on them when enough players were against it. But that’s a discussion for another day. He does owe it to the team not to get suspended and miss time out of stupidity. I’ve said I would not support that behavior.

You are only one of few who can say that. I’ve seen vitriol here towards the man that is embarrassing hatred of a human being. Honestly the players union shouldn’t have rushed to except the rules pushed on them when enough players were against it. But that’s a discussion for another day. He does owe it to the team not to get suspended and miss time out of stupidity. I’ve said I would not support that behavior.

Ok well I don't agree with the people that just hate on him for not getting the vaccine.  I think he should have gotten it but I respect his choice not to.  I think we see eye to eye on the last part.

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Dude.  I’m a moderator.  I pay attention.

Yes I’ve seen some hate, I’ve also seen some over-the-top blanket characterizations of everyone who disagrees with some of Beas actions.

I will give you this, yours with painting Beas as a crucified martyr on Christmas pretty much “takes the cake”

There’s a line between actions and thoughts, all sane adults understand that.  When a guy actually ACTS, you can’t paint people as objecting to his thoughts.

Think about this: no one is directing much if any fuss and botheration at Davis or Brown who are apparently unvaxxed and went out with Covid.  Why?  They made their personal choice personal.  

Also, You can’t go around making a huge public deal of your “personal medical choice” and then say “it’s nobody’s business”.  If you want it to be nobody’s business, keep it to yourself.  Once you make a huge public issue out of it repeatedly, you forfeit the “nobody’s business” card and the “personal decision” card.  Plain and simple.

No one is saying it had effect on his playing time, that’s your “straw man” setup.  As for his play, it has objectively not been at last year’s level.  His R/G and snap counts are about the same, but his Y/R, YBC per R, and YAC per R are all down significantly - 11.8 to 8.4 on the Y/R.  That may not entirely be on him, but many hear have commented that he’s gone down at times when last year he would have fought for the 1st down and he’s had individual games where he hasn’t been able to haul in some balls that look catchable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

We’ll those cloth face diapers are useless but I’m speaking about this nations push to destroy peoples lives if they won’t comply as prerequisite for employment. 

Yep I got the vaccine twice but I don’t expect others to be forced into it. In a perfect world Bease keeps his mouth shut, but we don’t live in a perfect world now do we😢

Beasley has not been forced out of employment though; anything but.

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You don't know that he won't get cut.  He isn't going to get cut now, but that doesn't mean he won't be next year.  Guy isn't really being a team player this year.  I love what the Beas has done for us but he has been a me first guy not a team guy this season.  He is also getting older and more dinged up.

He won’t get cut during the season, not unless something escalates in a big way and forces the Bills hands.

He might get released in the off-season, but that would likely have to do with his age and his cap hit vs his production relative to other players the Bills might re-sign or bring in, same as happened to John Brown.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He won’t get cut during the season, not unless something escalates in a big way and forces the Bills hands.

He might get released in the off-season, but that would likely have to do with his age and his cap hit vs his production relative to other players the Bills might re-sign or bring in, same as happened to John Brown.

Oh ok... yeah not during the season.  I thought we were talking about the off season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.