Mortensen: Cole Beasley facing fines of over $100K over COVID protocol violations

PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

Cole is the Star Lotulelei of the offense.

On the surface, that sounds like a hella bad take.  Lotulelei skipped an entire season.  Beasley broke a leg and didn’t miss a game.  Lotulelei has missed multiple games with multiple injuries as well as Covid.  Beasley has played through a rib injury.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the surface, that sounds like a hella bad take.  Lotulelei skipped an entire season.  Beasley broke a leg and didn’t miss a game.  Lotulelei has missed multiple games with multiple injuries as well as Covid.  Beasley has played through a rib injury.

They're both unreliable veterans past their prime that should be replaced in the off-season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, 716er said:

They're both unreliable veterans past their prime that should be replaced in the off-season.

Yuck.  I'd say both have played some pretty damned good football this season, and you shouldn't be looking to get weaker at a position of strength.  This is the old Arafat/Hamas parable, be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I don’t know what you don’t understand about the irrational hatred of this man. Contracts can be renegotiated and players can take less money. If Beasley is treated in person in Buffalo the way he is treated on this forum, he probably is looking to leave, someone will pay him for his production.

Oh, I see you don't care about the football aspects. You wish to discuss something else. There might be a thread on the off the wall or somewhere for you then because the contract made it obvious the Bills intended it to be a 3 year deal that ended this season from the moment it was signed as he would be 32 at the end of it. 

13 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Let the guy do what he wants. The 100k is news but in the grand scheme of what he makes, lt's little more than a traffic ticket to you or me. 

100K is a lot of money regardless of how much you have....and just giving it away because you don't like the rules is dumber.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I missed that. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32940980/sources-buffalo-bills-wr-cole-beasley-fined-100000-multiple-covid-19-protocol-violations

On the eve of Sunday's game, Beasley posted a photo of himself, with a smile that was missing a tooth, and wrote, "Just checking in everybody. I'm still partying. Be back soon. Hate it or love it. Go Bills!"

1 minute ago, Beerball said:

He might not have been actually partying. It's still a bad look.

Even with all that I wouldn't NOT play him this season. We need all hands on deck. Next year is a different story.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He might not have been actually partying. It's still a bad look.

Even with all that I wouldn't NOT play him this season. We need all hands on deck. Next year is a different story.

It is a selfish comment, which isn't surprising. It doesn't fit The Process.

I really don't care one way or the other whether he suits up again with Buffalo. I suspect he will because it's the safer option from a football and PR perspective.  As you say, next year is a different story. He's burned a lot of bridges.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, wppete said:

I don’t think $100k means anything to Beasley at this point. Looking forward to getting him back in the lineup along with an improved McKenzie…. Two studs in the slot. 

If $100K doesn’t mean anything to you then your priories are very wrong. Remember there are plenty of big money profession athletes that go broke. Being mature about realizing the money will not pour in like it is now, forever, is a sign of maturity. Sometimes fortunes can be made and lost quickly.

That issue aside, what about his teammates?  He let his personal desire to be a big mouth override his judgement.

• Haha (+1) 1

Beasley is the one paying his fines so why do some people care so much? He is tested DAILY. Yes, every day. He is one of the safer players for others. He does NOT put any of his teammates, staff, family members and anyone else in danger. The vaccine would protect him, not the others around him.

He has been too vocal about it for my taste once the season had started (before the first game you could understand he was trying to get some leverage to influence the NFLPA) but he hadn't been for a while until he tested positive. The fact it happened while the the NFL hypocritically will not test vaccinated players anymore unless they volunteer to do so is quite the irony.

I wonder why the moderators in here are so set in one way of thinking that anything else is so easily censored. Cancel all these discussions or else let different viewpoints. Especially when so many fans gang up on a Bills player -  it sure becomes football related. You might disagree with him, that's quite fine, but calling someone tested daily and that has played with a broken leg (!) "selfish" is very wrong IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.