Mortensen: Cole Beasley facing fines of over $100K over COVID protocol violations

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Beasley is the one paying his fines so why do some people care so much? He is tested DAILY. Yes, every day. He is one of the safer players for others. He does NOT put any of his teammates, staff, family members and anyone else in danger. The vaccine would protect him, not the others around him.

He has been too vocal about it for my taste once the season had started (before the first game you could understand he was trying to get some leverage to influence the NFLPA) but he hadn't been for a while until he tested positive. The fact it happened while the the NFL hypocritically will not test vaccinated players anymore unless they volunteer to do so is quite the irony.

I wonder why the moderators in here are so set in one way of thinking that anything else is so easily censored. Cancel all these discussions or else let different viewpoints. Especially when so many fans gang up on a Bills player -  it sure becomes football related. You might disagree with him, that's quite fine, but calling someone tested daily and that has played with a broken leg (!) "selfish" is very wrong IMO.

He is tested because the NFL says he must be, not out of the goodness of his heart.  Hope he enjoyed himself partying while his mates were prepping for NE.

Edited by Beerball
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Beasley is the one paying his fines so why do some people care so much? He is tested DAILY. Yes, every day. He is one of the safer players for others. He does NOT put any of his teammates, staff, family members and anyone else in danger. The vaccine would protect him, not the others around him.

He has been too vocal about it for my taste once the season had started (before the first game you could understand he was trying to get some leverage to influence the NFLPA) but he hadn't been for a while until he tested positive. The fact it happened while the the NFL hypocritically will not test vaccinated players anymore unless they volunteer to do so is quite the irony.

I wonder why the moderators in here are so set in one way of thinking that anything else is so easily censored. Cancel all these discussions or else let different viewpoints. Especially when so many fans gang up on a Bills player -  it sure becomes football related. You might disagree with him, that's quite fine, but calling someone tested daily and that has played with a broken leg (!) "selfish" is very wrong IMO.

The mods aren’t censoring anything on this topic.  There have been plenty of comments on both sides of the issue.

• Like (+1) 1

What he did last season (playing on a broken leg) has nothing to do with what he's been doing (off the field) this season.  Playing on a broken leg is unselfish.  Being a huge distraction and not being available and then rubbing it into his teammates ' faces ... that is absolutely selfish.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

As someone else said, either last night or today, Davis and Brown are apparently unvaccinated but are not getting half the criticism of Beasley because they're keeping it to themselves and, to date, abiding by the rules. If Beasley had done the same he'd be treated the same as them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The mods aren’t censoring anything on this topic.  There have been plenty of comments on both sides of the issue.

Ask how I know ha ha. And some have stated they do so openly. Anyway, I'm here for football and rather like that this topic is rarely discussed. There are way than enough other spaces to do so. I'm fine with that. Bills football is what unites us. And this victory is sooooo sweet.

Anyway, I didn't know about his partying. That does look bad. I just mentions I find it weird that so many fans all turning on a proven player who showed he cared and played not only injured but with a broken leg. That's no small feat! And of course he's not tested daily "out of  the goodness of his heart", but bottom line, he is. So while he obviously has greater chances of getting fined, be off the field for this, he IS actually much safer for others. So I don't get the constant vitriol. 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beerball said:

Seriously, don't care.

I do care about him bragging about partying while his teammates prepped for NE.

Bad take.  Cole isn't off partying or clubbing.  He's got 4 kids and he's big on being a Dad.

He says "Let's Party!" before every game psyching himself up and "Still partying!" when he's still in the game with a lead.

That's what its a reference to.

In the Instagram post in question, he's wearing an undershirt and sitting in bed with his flannel sheets.  Some party.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bad take.  Cole isn't off partying or clubbing.  He's got 4 kids and he's big on being a Dad.

He says "Let's Party!" before every game psyching himself up and "Still partying!" when he's still in the game with a lead.

In the Instagram post in question, he's wearing an undershirt and sitting in bed with his flannel sheets.  Some party.

Oh wow. Rumors can sure start fast! That's all?

I don't think he's really a teen girl screaming "I love you Josh Allen" either ha ha

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Ask how I know ha ha. And some have stated they do so openly. Anyway, I'm here for football and rather like that this topic is rarely discussed. There are way than enough other spaces to do so. I'm fine with that. Bills football is what unites us. And this victory is sooooo sweet.

There's even a pinned post on The Stadium Walls that explains the rules and what we do or don't remove - imagine that degree of openness and transparency! (we don't censor - censorship has specific meanings that don't apply to a private bulletin board). 

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Anyway, I didn't know about his partying. That does look bad.

See above.  He is not out partying.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's even a pinned post on The Stadium Walls that explains the rules and what we do or don't remove - imagine that degree of openness and transparency! (we don't censor - censorship has specific meanings that don't apply to a private bulletin board). 

See above.  He is not out partying.

I won't get into this debate with a moderator. I can simply note that the post before yours is OK though...

And the partying I indeed saw your post and commented on it. Again, just a baseless rumor that spreads and becomes accepted as a truth.

Beasley drew way too much attention on this himself for this topic, but he had completely chilled out for many many weeks. 

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 1

He lost a step, and shouldn’t be more than this teams’ 5th WR right now. 

Way hotter take, if Gabe doesn’t get his shot I’d trade him while his stock is high this off-season. He’s good but still replaceable and like Beane candidly said (and was fined for), I want guys who are going to be available.  It’s not a knock on your personal beliefs or decisions but the football team isn’t here to coddle you. Cole, Gabe, Star, go play for teams who need you bad enough to put up with your BS, but when every game matters availability is everything.

Again, this isn’t about whether or not your or I agree with the rules (I personally feel the NFL dropped the ball in a major way eliminating daily testing and let Covid spread rampantly through locker rooms rather than pulling out the positives ASAP), but the point is, much like when we were all children in school, “the rules are the rules whether you like them or not.” Nobody wants to be around that petulant child throwing a fit just bc he doesn’t like the rules.  

The only reason Cole and Star even have jobs through the season is they are valuable depth, after what this team showed this past week I wouldn’t go back to either guy as a starter. You go with the guys who brought you to where you are, especially coming off the offenses best performance of the season, you don’t mess with that.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, HamSandwhich said:

You've gotta be living under a rock if you don't think people are reveling in this.  They may say they are not, but behind their screens they are a snickering.  

I am disappointed because Beasley could have been in the field but wasn’t, and because he apparently feels he’s above the rules.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Beasley drew way too much attention on this himself for this topic, but he had completely chilled out for many many weeks. 

It was only a matter of time before he went back (again) on his promise to quit social media during the season.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, 716er said:

It was only a matter of time before he went back (again) on his promise to quit social media during the season.

Come on now ha ha. He had to say something testing positive. And to be fair, he didn't go all out here. Hopefully he is again done with this till after the Bills win on Feb 13 :)

• Agree 1

Maybe I'm missing something, what did he do that shirked the rules?  The only thing I'm aware of is that he is not vaccinated for his own reasons, which he is entitled to.  I'm sincerely asking because perhaps I'm not aware of something? 

It's why this thread is here - he's been fined breaking NFL Covid protocol.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/26/report-cole-beasley-has-been-fined-roughly-100000-for-covid-protocol-violations/

• Agree 1

Maybe I'm missing something, what did he do that shirked the rules?  The only thing I'm aware of is that he is not vaccinated for his own reasons, which he is entitled to.  I'm sincerely asking because perhaps I'm not aware of something? 

The report is that he has been fined over 100 k for breaking the rules.  Beasley himself said he missed the game because of the rules.  Talk about living under a rock.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Texting something like he did right before the most important game of the year?  Won’t sit well with the front office.

You fit the bill of the Oldmanfan. I respect that btw.
the rest of you ? get off my lawn or i will turn the sprinklers on

Do you think that they may tighten the screws a little tighter for someone who speaks out compared to someone who keeps quiet about it?  Now be honest about it! 

If they did he'd have been fined more than 100k considering not wearing a mask one time cost him 14k.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

There are two things that drive me nuts and should everybody who lives in a liberal society.  When people assume things based on vague information and then act like they know exactly what happened when they have no earthly idea and then vigorously defend that standpoint to no end as if they know.  The other is a feeling of superiority when someone else falls on hard times.  (unless you're railing against Pats fans, then it's fine) 

That's what I'm pointing out here.  None of you know what exactly has happened and the NFL can be as vague as they want.  Cole is a Buffalo Bill and a very darn good one, I hope he's here as long as he's productive.  Other than that, don't try and act as though you know if you don't.  

I'm done talking about this subject.  

If Beasley hasn't broken the rules is there an appeals process for him to take?

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

If Beasley hasn't broken the rules is there an appeals process for him to take?

It's not even that.  He tested positive, is apparently unvaccinated, and is out... until he can prove things out via testing and return.  Who knows when that will be?  Could be a long time, but that's the rules currently.  https://wi.mit.edu/news/new-research-reveals-why-some-patients-may-test-positive-covid-19-long-after-recovery explain why he could possibly test positive for a very long time.

And to the Hamburglar guy, well... he knew the rules, decided to not get vaccinated (his choice, and it's fine, in relative terms, as far as personal liberties go), and now he's out.  He can do nothing about it unless the NFL changes their policy.  The only thing I care about is not having Webb as QB and somebody like Wade as RB in the playoffs, just because the key players are out due to positive tests.  It isn't that hard.  Why do some people (Beasley) make it so hard?

Edited by TheCockSportif
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He lost a step, and shouldn’t be more than this teams’ 5th WR right now. 

Way hotter take, if Gabe doesn’t get his shot I’d trade him while his stock is high this off-season. He’s good but still replaceable and like Beane candidly said (and was fined for), I want guys who are going to be available.  It’s not a knock on your personal beliefs or decisions but the football team isn’t here to coddle you. Cole, Gabe, Star, go play for teams who need you bad enough to put up with your BS, but when every game matters availability is everything.

Again, this isn’t about whether or not your or I agree with the rules (I personally feel the NFL dropped the ball in a major way eliminating daily testing and let Covid spread rampantly through locker rooms rather than pulling out the positives ASAP), but the point is, much like when we were all children in school, “the rules are the rules whether you like them or not.” Nobody wants to be around that petulant child throwing a fit just bc he doesn’t like the rules.  

The only reason Cole and Star even have jobs through the season is they are valuable depth, after what this team showed this past week I wouldn’t go back to either guy as a starter. You go with the guys who brought you to where you are, especially coming off the offenses best performance of the season, you don’t mess with that.

Yikes.  That is a hot take.  And a ridiculous one.  Not a good long term strategy to get rid of your producing draft picks.  

Also, the whole Covid protocols and shots thing may not (and probably should not) be an issue next season.  And for the remainder of this season Gabe won't have to be tested.  He and Beas are actually in a pretty decent spot relative to others in terms of the covid protocols, better than most in terms of needing to test.

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

I think everyone should choose what they want to do, that doesn't mean you have to speak on it constantly. Do what you want within the framework of the rules and play football.

Plus, also, he continues his boast about not being vaccinated then talks of partying on social media -- while missing games.  To his credit, he's a LOT more honest about his choices than, say, Aaron Rodgers, but when I think of #billsy, I think of wide right, drafting Aaron Maybin, Levy as GM / Brandon as GM, ... many, many other examples ..., and Beasley with his anti-vax crusade.  And now he's unavailable in a season that so many of us thought would be lights out for this team.  It's all hands on deck at this point, but apparently not for Beasley for potentially another game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yikes.  That is a hot take.  And a ridiculous one.  Not a good long term strategy to get rid of your producing draft picks.  

Also, the whole Covid protocols and shots thing may not (and probably should not) be an issue next season.  And for the remainder of this season Gabe won't have to be tested.  He and Beas are actually in a pretty decent spot relative to others in terms of the covid protocols, better than most in terms of needing to test.

That's assuming that they can get rid of it quickly, and without any debilitating side effects. Atm, iirc, they both are very likely to be unavailable for the Falcons game.

This is not a good thing. Simple as.

• Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, his teammates who were available to play yesterday were big on being football players.

Whether or not his post was meant to be taken seriously, to me, is irrelevant.  He was unavailable.  He's been borderline proud of it since he tested positive.  And he posted a pic of himself with a big smile, doing nothing, while his team mates were getting ready for a must-win game.

I would be shocked if the majority of his teammates didn't appreciate the gesture, but we'll likely never know.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yeah Covid's gonna just go away... just cuz...  

No point in keeping players around who have to follow special rules.  Team's have moved on from better players than Davis coming into their prime, and he is likely to garner a decent return. 

Protocols, Boosters, who the f know what next season has in store, everything is changing in real time day by day, but I want players I can count on not to go against the grain, and more important than your or my opinion, Brandon Beane has gone on record stating just as much, availability is key, and he also said having to make special accommodations for un-vaxxed players in an unneeded hinderance to the overwhelming majority of vaccinated players.  Beasley and Star will not be Bill's next year, and all I'm saying, judging by Beane's take on the situation and the fact that Davis' stock will be at an all time high, don't be suprised to see him move on and get a good pick(s) and one less headache to worry about next year.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You may be right.

14 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Yeah Covid's gonna just go away... just cuz...  

No point in keeping players around who have to follow special rules.  Team's have moved on from better players than Davis coming into their prime, and he is likely to garner a decent return. 

Protocols, Boosters, who the f know what next season has in store, everything is changing in real time day by day, but I want players I can count on not to go against the grain, and more important than your or my opinion, Brandon Beane has gone on record stating just as much, availability is key, and he also said having to make special accommodations for un-vaxxed players in an unneeded hinderance to the overwhelming majority of vaccinated players.  Beasley and Star will not be Bill's next year, and all I'm saying, judging by Beane's take on the situation and the fact that Davis' stock will be at an all time high, don't be suprised to see him move on and get a good pick(s) and one less headache to worry about next year.

Sorry, but yes I would be very surprised, (and disappointed), if they move Gabe Davis.  He is an improving young player - and I think his stock will continue to grow (it is certainly not a fact that Davis' stock will be at an all time high).

The model they are following for creating a successful team for a decade plus involves drafting, developing, and re-signing draft picks (you resign the player before the end of their contract to secure them for the future at a market rate).  Gabe, Josh, Tre, D Knox all fit this profile.  You don't abandon that strategy like a little child because you're upset about a personal choice they made.  Beane is not that stupid, nor childish, and I think you have misinterpreted his comments.

And while we don't know what is in store for next year, we can look at the trend.  The NFL is loosening up the standards in the midst of a spike.  Seems like the smart money would be any additional changes would be to loosen up the requirements.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.