Your 2 Bills Drive name

Success

My name is as Vanilla as they come...I've been using it since I was much younger at the old BBMB.  It was during the earlier years of the drought era but at that time the Super Bowl years didn't seem THAT long ago and I still would often watch the old highlight videos and read books about the Bills glory years etc so even though we sucked I was a prideful Bills fan....figured I would throw in the number 12 for good measure and I'm sure I don't have to give an explanation on what the number 12 represents.  I have thought about updating my name on here once in awhile but I also can't seem to bring myself to go through with it.  Think I might be stuck with it for life now!

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I was at work in downtown Albany and I messed up & didn't capitalize the N & Y for N.Y. so it ended up Albany,n.y.

I was living in Guilderland at the time but Albany sounded better & was more recognizable.  

Thanks, now we can steal your identity😄

my daughter in law is from albany. Her parents both retired professors from SUNY Albany. So Now it's a family connection to albany. and Ulster County an hour away.  :-))))  I hope to visit your area with WNY as often as I possibly can 🙂

Edited by muppy

11 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

for one of our sons, I really tried to convince my wife that we name him Augustine (and then shorten it to Augie). I used to like this one song called Augustine’s Confessions (something more), and was a fan of St. Augustine. But alas, she overruled me! 

FYI, here is the song:

miyagi I saw this band as an after Padres freebe promo after the game concert at Petco Park. I found out they are local socal guys from I-5 North area arounds I think Encintias, La Jolla...Im not sure I'll google. Christian rock band that has solid careers in music. Good for them! 

EDIT: wiki says san diego/carlsbad. I was close.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

miyagi I saw this band as an after Padres freebe promo after the game concert at Petco Park. I found out they are local socal guys from I-5 North area arounds I think Encintias, La Jolla...Im not sure I'll google. Christian rock band that has solid careers in music. Good for them! 

EDIT: wiki says san diego/carlsbad. I was close.

yup— they are San Diego based. Been listening to them for 20 years. Just a solid group of guys and musicians. They had a documentary out a few years ago you may want to check out about creating their album— “Fading West”— lots of So Cal scenes and concerts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It started as Groin then (d)evolved into this one.

As a tech nerd, I got involved in this programming language called "Ruby": mailing lists, code patches, going to conferences, etc.  This one person appeared on the mailing list using the name of 'bigmacturdsplash', and at first I thought they were going to ruin the mailing list.  And yet, they were super nice and helpful.

In that light, and not to say that I'm helpful, but...

• Haha (+1) 2

My parents named me Kevin, but my brother who was 16 months older couldn't pronounce it and did the phonetic equivalent and said "Guffin" ("K" and "G" are formed the same in the mouth as well as a "V" and an "F") So instead of correcting him the family went with variations of Guffin, Guff, and since I am from the Buffalo area, for the board I just concatenated Guff and Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, qwksilver said:

Most Balvenies are fantastic. I love their 14yr old Carribbean Cask. I like just about everything that is not "peaty". 

My new favorite is the Glenlivet 14 Cognac cask. I can get in South Florida for $45  https://www.theglenlivet.com/en-US/the-collection/14-year-old

That’s a nice one; Balvenie price point is tough to justify most times. Have become a fan of Glenfiddich 15 year solera. Just picked up a Kirkland 24 year expression. Might get into it if the Bills get to the AFC Championship again.

• Like (+1) 1

Pete, pretty self explanatory.  Pre 2001 (around) TBD reload, where you had to reregister your name, I was Peter.  But upon reload a Bills fan Peter from Florida beat me to the name, hence why I became Pete.  Where did  Peter go?  He was on this board a long time, but I havent seen a post of his in a decade

I had seasons for years. Through high school with my family and then in college with buddies and my then gf, now wife. This was drought era circa 2005-2016

I came to the board around then as “AlwaysBillieve.”

They hired McD, I dropped my seasons, the bills broke the drought and now I’m emotionally unstable. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My call sign in Iz and Afg (elsewhere it was AnvilMike6...too hard to explain).

Anyway, comes from "Backstreets"...

Where desperate lovers park they sat with the last of the Dukestreet Kings.

I hadn't been able to follow a full season since 2001 as I was always somewhere else, so to speak.

As soon as I knew that part of life was over, I joined the board in Oct 2019 but kept the call sign to remind me of the fallen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

My “real” name is Bill. How BuffaloBill was still available on a Bills board by the time I joined remains a “huh” moment for me. 

How does William turn into Bill... never have figured that one out. Debra Deb, Joseph Joe...

3 hours ago, T&C said:

How does William turn into Bill... never have figured that one out. Debra Deb, Joseph Joe...

Got me. The difficult thing is that there are three of us in the family. I am a Jr., and my nephew is named Bill after his paternal grandfather.  (Sadly, he is an Eagles fan and to beat all his father likes the Dolfarts. )

27 minutes ago, T&C said:

Reminds me of a joke my nephew said recently....

"How do you get Dick from Richard?  You ask nicely."

Edited by Just Jack
  • Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Reminds me of a joke my nephew said recently....

"How do you get Dick from Richard?  You ask nicely."

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Good that your niece did not tell that joke :D 

Noted on a bumper sticker, years ago:

Good girls go to Heaven.  Bad girls go everywhere!

• Haha (+1) 2

I am not a big Darry Talley fan.  I just wanted to choose a name of someone who maybe isn't one of the first players who comes to mind when you think of Bills greats.  It's just one of may ways of being different from everyone else.  Heck, I even have a Donte Whitner jersey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Got thrown off BBMB. Came over as Badthingsman.  But there was already BadThings here. So switched to Irv.  If I ever get tossed here will switch to “Clip”. 

clip.jpg

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/27/2021 at 10:03 AM, T&C said:

It's a vernacular thing from Old Europe

Where it was trendy to replace one letter of a name.. and rhyme it

Richard became Rick for short.. Rick became dick

William, became will.. they replaced the w with a b

So will, became bill 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My best friend and I were playing nuketown on call of duty about 15 years ago, and for those who don’t know, nuketown is one of the more chaotic and intense maps in the game.

anyways, this guy on our team kept screaming ‘GET TO THE 50’ during his rage. (We think it meant to get to the middle of the map)

my friend and I were dying in laughter the whole time; and now we use it as a motivational slogan to never quit and do whatever it takes. I also thought it was proper for a message board name haha 

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

My best friend and I were playing nuketown on call of duty about 15 years ago, and for those who don’t know, nuketown is one of the more chaotic and intense maps in the game.

anyways, this guy on our team kept screaming ‘GET TO THE 50’ during his rage. (We think it meant to get to the middle of the map)

my friend and I were dying in laughter the whole time; and now we use it as a motivational slogan to never quit and do whatever it takes. I also thought it was proper for a message board name haha 

You're...you're...LEEEERRRRROY JENKINS!

:worthy:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.