Bills at Patriots: Predict the Score

Giuseppe Tognarelli

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

BUF 13

NE 24

I think there's a lot running against the Bills in this game, and unless there is any significant change on the Covid front, I would consider a win to be one of the very most impressive of the McDermott regime. I hope to death I'm wrong about this, but I envision:

• The NE defensive scheme wreaking havoc on the Bills' offensive line, with the rookie Brown at left tackle and several other positions shifted like last week
  • Allen committing a couple of turnovers due to the necessitation of hero mode, which will lead to NE points despite a lackluster NE offensive effort

To beat NE, you have to play almost perfectly, and I have a hard time envisioning the Bills doing that with the OL situation being what it is.

Of course, the Beasley absence/Covid distraction that we all thought would come at some point is here at the worst of times, and I think this is also at least a mild factor to consider.

Other things potentially going against the Bills:

• Patriots/Belichick coming off of a loss
  • Belichick mad about McDermott not crediting him after MNF game
  • I can't remember the last time the Bills won a big swing game like this, when a win vs. a loss makes such a massive difference to the team's prospects
  • The Bills have struggled mightily in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to a large, non-regional audience, going 1-6 since 2019 (see below)*
  • Blue pants are still a possibility as of this writing, although they did wear them last year in the big win at NE

*Here is how the Bills have fared since 2019 in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to large, non-regional audiences:

2021, Week 14: @ TB, L

2021, Week 1: PIT, L
2020, Week 10: @ ARI, L
2020, Week 4: @ LV, W

2019, Week 14: BAL, L

2019, Week 8: PHI, L
2019, Week 4: NE, L

Have you checked on the pats injury/Covid situation at all? I just don’t think they have the weapons to beat us. 

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Belichick's record off of losses has been widely discussed, he's known to use bulletin board material, it's true that the Bills have sucked in swing games, the record in national windows has been abysmal, and our record in blue pants is abysmal... all legitimate stuff, as dumb as it may seem.

His record off of losses is quite skewed based on how good the Brady pats were…I mean what are the odds a team winning 11 games or more every single year loses two in a row? Not very likely.  Also if we have a game in a national window we are likely playing an excellent team…so both points are statistically skewed.  Not to take anything away from what they’ve done this season but this pats team just isn’t a top tier team.  I don’t mean that to say we’re better necessarily but using belichicks historical win/loss numbers is kind of irrelevant.  

Just now, State Rt. 21 N. said:

Soft teams don't win in December or in big game so Pats 34 Buffalo 12tower satisfying GIF

Still waiting for someone to explain what is soft about our team 😂 I’m just not on the same page with the whole ‘if you can’t run the ball specifically with a rb you are soft’ there are lots of ways to mimic the run game.  

479-2.

seriously,

31-20.  

Normal wind conditions, more Gabe Davis, and run to the outside and we’ll be fine.  Nice add of Josh running when needed.  More QB’s get hurt in the pocket than running if they are smart enough to slide, and Josh does now.

I have a great feeling about this game.  I didn’t with the wind last minute last game.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

BUF 13

NE 24

I think there's a lot running against the Bills in this game, and unless there is any significant change on the Covid front, I would consider a win to be one of the very most impressive of the McDermott regime. I hope to death I'm wrong about this, but I envision:

• The NE defensive scheme wreaking havoc on the Bills' offensive line, with the rookie Brown at left tackle and several other positions shifted like last week
  • Allen committing a couple of turnovers due to the necessitation of hero mode, which will lead to NE points despite a lackluster NE offensive effort

To beat NE, you have to play almost perfectly, and I have a hard time envisioning the Bills doing that with the OL situation being what it is.

Of course, the Beasley absence/Covid distraction that we all thought would come at some point is here at the worst of times, and I think this is also at least a mild factor to consider.

Other things potentially going against the Bills:

• Patriots/Belichick coming off of a loss
  • Belichick mad about McDermott not crediting him after MNF game
  • I can't remember the last time the Bills won a big swing game like this, when a win vs. a loss makes such a massive difference to the team's prospects
  • The Bills have struggled mightily in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to a large, non-regional audience, going 1-6 since 2019 (see below)*
  • Blue pants are still a possibility as of this writing, although they did wear them last year in the big win at NE

*Here is how the Bills have fared since 2019 in Sunday afternoon games broadcasted to large, non-regional audiences:

2021, Week 14: @ TB, L

2021, Week 1: PIT, L
2020, Week 10: @ ARI, L
2020, Week 4: @ LV, W

2019, Week 14: BAL, L

2019, Week 8: PHI, L
2019, Week 4: NE, L

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

24-23 bills if Dawkins plays.

23-16 pats if Dawkins doesn’t play.

1 hour ago, Kellyhero68 said:

Bills 20, Patriots 17 + 14 points from referees on BS calls or non-calls = 31 total

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Pats win easy.  Super easy. So easily they'll rename their stadium  The Real Big Easy. 

42-17

We cannot possibly win this game. If we do I'll tell my wife I love her and stop beating my kids.

46 minutes ago, TBBills said:

5-2 Patriots... 2 safeties in the game.

You're all dead to me

• Haha (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Have you checked on the pats injury/Covid situation at all? I just don’t think they have the weapons to beat us. 

Yes. Agholor and Harry should be back; they had head injuries. Harris is back. And Bourne is asymptomatic and should be back. It looks cluttered right now, but they're all actually going to play.

The Pats are good team.  Belichick is a great coach, one of the all-time greats.  Mac Jones is playing better than all of the other rookie QB's, by a wide margin.  The Pats have a strong defense and running game.  The game is in New England.

Bills 23-16.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, but it wasn't "win or else"

It was the same as this. Win and basically guarantee your spot in the playoffs. Lose and youve still got a chance but you need to win the rest and may need some help.

IF we lose to NE it isnt "or else". Almost every predictor says if we lose to NE but beat ATL and NYJ we are 85% to get into the playoffs still

On 12/22/2021 at 6:57 PM, Thriftygamer83 said:

Buffalo 28

Patriots 0

We smoke them on the road, get our confidence back, and get the swagger going.  As it is Patriots fans gloat over everything anyway and run their mouths.  I always wondered how much of their social media engine is more a trick of a babel media style front.  

38-0 Bills  mostly due to Bills defense overwhelming steamroll.

Mac throws 2 picks and gives up sack/fumble.    Trubisky put in half way through 4th quarter to mop up.   Bills running game weirdly unstoppable in 4th quarter.

Mac Jones embarrassed.   Cameras catch tears falling from his eyes.   Belichick throws something other than a Microsoft Surface and smashes it.  

Bob Kraft's stiffy is deflated.    Entire Patriots organization hangs head in embarrassment.    Media back to saying Bills are a favorite to run the table to the AFC championship game and maybe even a Superbowl.

Edited by PolishDave
  • Like (+1) 2

Unfortunately the bills will show the world who they are again this week against another good team and I still don't think this one will be particularly close given McDermotts post game comments from last time and facing an angry motivated Pats team coming off their first loss in over two months.

Pats 38

Bills 16

11 hours ago, PolishDave said:

38-0 Bills  mostly due to Bills defense overwhelming steamroll.

Mac throws 2 picks and gives up sack/fumble.    Trubisky put in half way through 4th quarter to mop up.   Bills running game weirdly unstoppable in 4th quarter.

Mac Jones embarrassed.   Cameras catch tears falling from his eyes.   Belichick throws something other than a Microsoft Surface and smashes it.  

Bob Kraft's stiffy is deflated.    Entire Patriots organization hangs head in embarrassment.    Media back to saying Bills are a favorite to run the table to the AFC championship game and maybe even a Superbowl.

Bob Kraft is a lying, coward, and above all a degenerate drunk.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2021 at 7:24 PM, msw2112 said:

The Pats are good team.  Belichick is a great coach, one of the all-time greats.  Mac Jones is playing better than all of the other rookie QB's, by a wide margin.  The Pats have a strong defense and running game.  The game is in New England.

Bills 23-16.

New England cheats, Belicheck is literally a guy in the mold of Chuck (Chuckles) Fairbanks a serial cheater, and literally cheating tainted every single victory New England has ever had and they still continue to cheat.  Bill Burr tried to do his tasteless action of defending New England on Pat McAfee allowed it just plain bonks and bull####.  Nobody equates New England with anything except for cheating.  Without cheating Bellicheck really honestly is a mediocre Coach, without a crooked owner they would be dumpster diving for draft picks again, and without Goodell there's no chance they'd of had any Super Bowls.  Just the cold hard facts of a free lance analyst.  Be surprised I started analyzing people like I analyzed inventories and things instantly changed for my professional out looks.  

48 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Bob Kraft is a lying, coward, and above all a degenerate drunk.  

You had me until degenerate drunk.   All my best friends are degenerate drunks!   Yet I hate Bob Craft and the Orientals that tickle his willie!

Wait.  Lying about the Orientals.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.