Week 16: Bills at Pats - NEWS

Hapless Bills Fan

55 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

nothing. It’s going to be too late now. 

i do wonder if the Bills might try something different this week— like leaving Spencer Brown at RT and using Doyle or Bates at LT. 

If anything (and still not ideal) bit they may stick Williams at LT, Brown at RT and Ford at LG. With Feliciano likely out as well hey will mothball Bates for backup C duties is my guess.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

If anything (and still not ideal) bit they may stick Williams at LT, Brown at RT and Ford at LG. With Feliciano likely out as well hey will mothball Bates for backup C duties is my guess.

that is actually a better idea to swing Williams to LT. I just am unsure what the staff is thinking after Brown’s last game. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

My guess is they stick to the same group… if they maintain non train wreck status like last week maybe the Bills can pull this game out. 

Yeah, I mean Brown can't get any worse than last week...can he?

1 hour ago, eball said:

Yeah, I mean Brown can't get any worse than last week...can he?

I hope so. I actually don’t think the patriots have anyone as good as Burns rushing from the edge. I know they think they do in Judon— but Burns is more of an elite edge rusher than Judon. So, hopefully Brown can hold up a little better. 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hope so. I actually don’t think the patriots have anyone as good as Burns rushing from the edge. I know they think they do in Judon— but Burns is more of an elite edge rusher than Judon. So, hopefully Brown can hold up a little better. 

Yeah but then again, Carolina doesn’t have BB.  I think Judon + BB is a tougher matchup for what Brown currently is.  A raw RT playing LT for the 2nd time ever.  He’s gonna try and mind**** him in the worst ways 

38 minutes ago, Success said:

He had too many penalties - but I thought he blocked really well. He's kind of a mauler when he gets going.

The good news is that Brown should see a big improvement from last week to this week.  He'll have a game under his belt blocking a very good pass rusher, game film of his work that can be critiqued and learned from and a whole week of practice.  We might be surprised at how well he plays this game.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah but then again, Carolina doesn’t have BB.  I think Judon + BB is a tougher matchup for what Brown currently is.  A raw RT playing LT for the 2nd time ever.  He’s gonna try and mind**** him in the worst ways 

you are definitely not wrong. I heard a a NE beat guy this week talk about how BB will find your weak link and put his strongest guy out on it to fully exploit it. 

5 minutes ago, stuvian said:

we may be without Feliciano and Dawkins. Same situation as the Saints and Packers who are both missing two starting OLs. So no excuses

And the titans who just beat the niners with 3rd string LT and 2nd string LG.  Meanwhile…..we don’t even have a 2nd string LT 😂 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

And the titans who just beat the niners with 3rd string LT and 2nd string LG.  Meanwhile…..we don’t even have a 2nd string LT 😂 

I was just thinking that. If Brown or Williams has to come out, who goes in? The water boy? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.