Week 16: Bills at Pats - NEWS

Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Success said:

It does, but I think mainly because it's the Pats, and such a big game. We want everything to be perfect.

All things considered, it's not that bad so far - provided there are no other cases until Sunday.  Some other teams are getting hit much worse right now. At least w/ the WR unit, we still have our star player, and decent depth.

Repeat this loudly and often.  There are teams right now that would kill to be "down to just" Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs and Dawson Knox.  I hope Sanders knee is 100% though, count on the Pats to get physical with him early on if he lines up in the slot.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Repeat this loudly and often.  There are teams right now that would kill to be "down to just" Emmanuel Sanders, Stefon Diggs and Dawson Knox.  I hope Sanders knee is 100% though, count on the Pats to get physical with him early on if he lines up in the slot.

Right on. Plus, even diehard Pats fans--those few who aren't completely delusional, anyway--would much, much rather have Allen that Jones. "We got a Hulk."

4 minutes ago, finn said:

Right on. Plus, even diehard Pats fans--those few who aren't completely delusional, anyway--would much, much rather have Allen that Jones. "We got a Hulk."

The hype on Jones seems to be dying down to a tolerable level.  He's been sharp for a rookie, that's for sure, but I think the folks who were setting up his bust in Canton @ 10 weeks into his career have shut up a bit.

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that is a good point— it just feels much worse. 

it feels much worse because it’s Gabe Davis, our best red zone threat by a mile in the past few weeks and we were going to need that. The others, we could’ve lived with. I am actually in the unpopular minority that believes McKenzie can be just as capable or even better in the slot than Beasley (see season finale vs Miami last year, a must-win game for them in which Mckenzie arguably accomplished more than Beasley ever had…. In just one half of football)

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The hype on Jones seems to be dying down to a tolerable level.  He's been sharp for a rookie, that's for sure, but I think the folks who were setting up his bust in Canton @ 10 weeks into his career have shut up a bit.

Being allowed to throw just three times will do that. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m a huge bills fan and this is a huge game, but I’m more worried about star’s personal situation. 

last week colts starting C Ryan Kelly missed the pats game for personal reasons and it came out the next day that his daughter was stillborn. :(

Jeez, that's heartbreaking. I just watched the first episode of Hard Knocks last night where they showed their gender reveal party.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Stevenson agholor and potentially Bourne out pretty much evens things out. 

We definitely have better weapons and the better QB. Our o-line is a big disadvantage though. Still there are no excuses. Daboll and Allen need to find a way to move the ball and the defense needs to step up.

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Lol. Bro. We’re missing half our OL to covid and now backups that’s are filling in. Not to mention our 2nd and 3rd wr’s… ON A TEAM THAT RELIES ON THE PASS. They’re gonna have Harris, and might be missing Bourne. That’s it. I totally disagree with you. 

Bro... Harris may be available, but with a hamstring issue he's no where near 100%.  Stevenson is now out also, as is Agholor.  They are in tough shape, just like us.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/injuries/_/name/ne

27 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Bro... Harris may be available, but with a hamstring issue he's no where near 100%.  Stevenson is now out also, as is Agholor.  They are in tough shape, just like us.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/injuries/_/name/ne

I had figured Stevenson and agholor would go. So not as bad as I originally thought.  Regardless our line is ravaged and I think we’ve seen how bad line play absolutely derail a season. 

• Like (+1) 1

How much day drinking has happened for me to now find out about Gabe Davis?…

Either way Sanders is back.  Mckintrick time is here.  Full time slot.  I feel like he has been waiting for this shot.  He is quick and fast.  I think he has a career day.  Zone or man I think he eats.  His speed in the slot is problem imo.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

We definitely have better weapons and the better QB. Our o-line is a big disadvantage though. Still there are no excuses. Daboll and Allen need to find a way to move the ball and the defense needs to step up.

Agree.  But without Bourne and agholor Mac will have to throw to TEs.  I like our ability to limit that considering the strength of our D is power Hyde Edmunds and Milano. 

We can get real creative there and goat Jones into a pick or 2....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.