Week 16: Bills at Pats - DISCUSSION

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting game stat: In last week's loss to the Colts, Mac & Cheese threw the ball 45 times, for a pedestrian 74.2 rating, 53.4 QBR. In their previous game vs. the Bills, he threw the ball a grand total of three times. Three times! Which, IMO, removes all context to the QB rating/QBR stats. 

Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

After all of the hype - he's playing exactly like scouts figured he would.

We're seeing his ceiling.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Interesting game stat: In last week's loss to the Colts, Mac & Cheese threw the ball 45 times, for a pedestrian 74.2 rating, 53.4 QBR. In their previous game vs. the Bills, he threw the ball a grand total of three times. Three times! Which, IMO, removes all context to the QB rating/QBR stats. 

Would love to hear some thoughts on this.

He was who we thought he was!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I forgot, do we know if he’s vaccinated?

Yes, he is.

We don't know which vaccine and whether he got a second shot (if J&J) or booster though.  It makes a difference.

FWIW, Feliciano does a lot of re-tweeting conspiracy theory stuff so he may well have gone "one and done" J&J.

2 hours ago, CNYfan said:

One receives the monoclonal antibody treatment at ER (often) so it may not have been due to symptoms, but to treatment.

Didn't sound like it from what he tweeted "ended up in the ER Sunday". 

I'm guessing the Bills would arrange for their players to get the mAB infusion treatment privately to minimize additional exposure vs. going to the ER, unless additional medical evaluation/monitoring/treatment were needed. (also, see link above for evaluation of monoclonal antibodies and Omicron Covid).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Are they going to roll with 6 olinemen plus a tight end blocking like last time? They won’t really be a threat to pass with all those injuries out of that formation.  I don’t want to jinx it but I think the pats are in a lot of trouble

They might but the Bills have already had a healthy dose of that, it wont be a shock as it was the last game.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, he is.

We don't know which vaccine and whether he got a second shot (if J&J) or booster though.  It makes a difference.

FWIW, Feliciano does a lot of re-tweeting conspiracy theory stuff so he may well have gone "one and done" J&J.

I'm guessing the Bills would arrange for their players to get the mAB infusion treatment privately to minimize additional exposure vs. going to the ER, unless additional medical evaluation/monitoring/treatment were needed.

Only dummy is Beane for resigning a POC like you.  Bum.  

45 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I sit corrected.  Fair point.

Jonnu Smith made a straight-up circus catch on the first of Mac Jones 3 passes against us.

It’s comical that was their only completion that game haha.  They also tried another throw late that preserved a bunch of time for us.  But bill belichick was supposedly the best coach of all time that game if you ask anyone from the greater Boston area 😂 does anyone know how much input bill has on the offense anyway? Or does he let mcdaniels do his thing 

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes, he is.

I'm guessing the Bills would arrange for their players to get the mAB infusion treatment privately to minimize additional exposure vs. going to the ER, unless additional medical evaluation/monitoring/treatment were needed.

Anecdotally I foolishly went to a concert in NYC recently and people are posting on Reddit about how they are double/triple vaxxed with Pfizer/Moderna and masked the whole show and still got it.  So I’m not sure how effective the vaccines are at stopping this new strain.  We also don’t know what strain feliciano has either though 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, finn said:

I hope so. I think a key will be getting Singletary involved. With Allen playing under center and handing off for successful runs, the RPO and play-action options open up. 

I believe Singletary is being used more because he is better at attacking the edges rather than the power runs up the middle. I'd like to see the OL not being shuffled around seemingly every week. Then, we might begin to see more success in that running game. The thing that I like about Singletary is he is more patient and is really good at letting his blockers do their job instead of running into a pile of defenders. The downside is that he is often caught in the backfield before he can get going. Much of that is the OL.

5 hours ago, finn said:

I hope so. I think a key will be getting Singletary involved. With Allen playing under center and handing off for successful runs, the RPO and play-action options open up. 

I too think that Josh needs to be under center & they need to run alot in this game. Only 9 teams give up more rushing yards per game than the Pats* this year. Meanwhile they're 3rd against the pass.

I could see them running Singletary & Allen(29th in the league in rushing yards) alot on Sunday.

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We just can’t catch a break. Get McKenzie in the slot

This.  I think he has the quickness.  His speed also makes him a different problem than Beasley.  If healthy I would also use Sanders in the slot as well.  Keep Diggs and Davis on the field.  As big of an impact Beasley makes, idk how significant the loss will be. 

• Like (+1) 2

Going to be interesting to see who is where on the OL this week. This shuffling around is getting ridiculous. Makes it hard to evaluate players too when they practice one position only to be switched to another every week. If they could just keep the same line-up for a couple of weeks, the run game would improve. Still, all of the rotating is something they have been doing all year. You'd think, eventually they'll have a good game as a unit. They must be getting tired of looking like a steaming pile of s**t every week. Think they come out with an attitude this week.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I just want to say, whoever the TE2 is on everyone of the teams you listed, I feel really comfortable saying each of them can offer more than what Sweeney does.

I think they thought they would have rookie season Sweeney and by now a decent dependable catcher.  He is not that.  TE needs to be a bigger priority this offseason. Some matchups going 2 Te makes sense. Right now its Knox and nothing.  Almost would like to see one of the practice squad guys gets a shot at this point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Going to be interesting to see who is where on the OL this week. This shuffling around is getting ridiculous. Makes it hard to evaluate players too when they practice one position only to be switched to another every week. If they could just keep the same line-up for a couple of weeks, the run game would improve. Still, all of the rotating is something they have been doing all year. You'd think, eventually they'll have a good game as a unit. They must be getting tired of looking like a steaming pile of s**t every week. Think they come out with an attitude this week.

Crazy that moving a rookie to LT was our best option last game…I can’t imagine how many times that has happened before.  That game looked like it was shaping up to be really scary… I think that’s a much better win than we’re giving ourselves credit for

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I think they thought they would have rookie season Sweeney and by now a decent dependable catcher.  He is not that.  TE needs to be a bigger priority this offseason. Some matchups going 2 Te makes sense. Right now its Knox and nothing.  Almost would like to see one of the practice squad guys gets a shot at this point.

I really thought we were gonna draft friermuth but the Steelers picked him up just before us if I recall 

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Crazy that moving a rookie to LT was our best option last game…I can’t imagine how many times that has happened before.  That game looked like it was shaping up to be really scary… I think that’s a much better win than we’re giving ourselves credit for

I like Brown. Love his attitude. Just needs to keep his head and stop making dumb mistakes. I'd like to see him block for Singletary more. Pretty sure that Singletary is getting more reps because he is better at running off the tackles. The runs up the middle have not been working at all this year.

Edited by Rockinon

26 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

We've needed 2 dependable TE's for 30 years. It never happens. Just another deficiency this organization has in finding offensive personnel. Right now all resources have to be directed to OL.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've needed 2 dependable TE's for 30 years. It never happens. Just another deficiency this organization has in finding offensive personnel. Right now all resources have to be directed to OL.

This has been the position I wanted to see addressed more than anything the last year or 2.

It would be great if Knox could keep developing into a truly elite #1 TE.

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

My eyeball test tells me he's not as talented as average guys like Carr and Garrappolo. I'd classify him as a weaker armed version of Baker Mayfield.

1 hour ago, Success said:

After all of the hype - he's playing exactly like scouts figured he would.

We're seeing his ceiling.  

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

He was who we thought he was!!

interesting, though that Belichick* trusted him to throw against our D only three times. That really is a remarkably low number, especially considering he had him throw 45 times in the following game, in what looked to me to be an utterly predictable offensive scheme. I’m just your standard, casual fan, and I found myself calling plays based on their formation with startling accuracy. 

I’ve gotta believe Mac & Cheese is going to throw more than three times on Sunday.  But, I can’t even begin to predict what the Pats* offensive scheme is going to look like. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

interesting, though that Belichick* trusted him to throw against our D only three times. That really is a remarkably low number, especially considering he had him throw 45 times in the following game, in what looked to me to be an utterly predictable offensive scheme. I’m just your standard, casual fan, and I found myself calling plays based on their formation with startling accuracy. 

I’ve gotta believe Mac & Cheese is going to throw more than three times on Sunday.  But, I can’t even begin to predict what the Pats* offensive scheme is going to look like. 

I honestly think their best chance to win with their banged up offense is to use the exact gameplan as last time and hope to break a big run again.  they’re gonna lose some rushing effectiveness trying to mix up the formations to threaten the passing game.  That’s probably the best way to beat us honestly you’re probably gonna break a big run with 50+ carries.  I don’t trust mac against our secondary at all with their ability to disguise coverages (that’s also why people are oftentimes late to their gaps in the second level on a running play too lol)

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I honestly think their best chance to win with their banged up offense is to use the exact gameplan as last time and hope to break a big run again.  they’re gonna lose some rushing effectiveness trying to mix up the formations to threaten the passing game.  That’s probably the best way to beat us honestly you’re probably gonna break a big run with 50+ carries.  I don’t trust mac against our secondary at all with their ability to disguise coverages (that’s also why people are oftentimes late to their gaps in the second level on a running play too lol)

It'll certainly be a very high percentage of run plays. Only passing enough to keep our D off balance. On the flip side, the Bills will pass significantly more frequently. I don't expect the wind to be as much of a factor, so both teams will pass more than the last one. But the Pats* game plan will be a heavy dose of running. That was a weird game a couple weeks ago. The Bills, while passing more, won't abandon the run. They really need the run to set up that play action against this team. They are also good at limiting pass plays, but it's strength against strength. I think the Patriots are going to get a wake up call in this one. Buffalo's offense is going to score more. A lot more.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

80% run and/or play action.  I think they’ll just try and manipulate 49 with PA and do their work in their passing game depending on what he does. That’s the best way to attack this D imo. 

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

This has been the position I wanted to see addressed more than anything the last year or 2.

It would be great if Knox could keep developing into a truly elite #1 TE.

He's on his way.

Dawson Knox stat line as follows:

44 catches, 527 yards, 8 TDs

7 catches of 20 yards or more

2 catches of 40 yards or more

Leads all TEs in TDs. IIRC

Breakout year for sure. Kid has proven many wrong this season, myself included.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

TE is part of the offensive line.  We need a much better TE2 for sure.  Get a TE2 that can block and catch and you just helped the OL and the red zone offense.   We don’t  have a “heavy” short yardage package that is worth a damm.  This is an easy request that Beane should be able to fill.  Otherwise, we remain one dimensional.  

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

It'll certainly be a very high percentage of run plays. Only passing enough to keep our D off balance. On the flip side, the Bills will pass significantly more frequently. I don't expect the wind to be as much of a factor, so both teams will pass more than the last one. But the Pats* game plan will be a heavy dose of running. That was a weird game a couple weeks ago. The Bills, while passing more, won't abandon the run. They really need the run to set up that play action against this team. They are also good at limiting pass plays, but it's strength against strength. I think the Patriots are going to get a wake up call in this one. Buffalo's offense is going to score more. A lot more.

I think it's a low scoring game. The Pats should be able to dictate the pace of the game by being better in the trenches. Pats will mix it up with lots of short passes and various runs. I see them getting lots of fields goals. 

The Bills have to run the ball effectively. Last game, Motor ran the ball 22 times and it gave Allen more time to throw. The Bills Oline is not 100% and even at 100% they don't match up well with the Pats defense. The Colts pounded the Pats. The Bills don't have that of team. The Bills are a passing team and they need the best version of Allen to win. He can't come out of the gate playing like dog poop. Not sure what's going on with him? It's been a pretty consistent theme this year. It the Pats jump on the Bills it's game over. They will just tee off on a defenseless Allen. 

Lastly, I really like Coach McD. However, I just don't see McD out coaching BB. Although, BB made a huge error in kicking a field goal in the Indy game. I will be really watching in game adjustments. 

Gonna be a homer here. Bills defense bends but doesn't break. The offense gets a timely td. Bass hits the winning field to win it. 

Bills 19 Pats 16. Let's go Bflo!!!!!

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

TE is part of the offensive line.  We need a much better TE2 for sure.  Get a TE2 that can block and catch and you just helped the OL and the red zone offense.   We don’t  have a “heavy” short yardage package that is worth a damm.  This is an easy request that Beane should be able to fill.  Otherwise, we remain one dimensional.  

You just described TBD favourite Lee Smith very well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

He's on his way.

Dawson Knox stat line as follows:

44 catches, 527 yards, 8 TDs

7 catches of 20 yards or more

2 catches of 40 yards or more

Leads all TEs in TDs. IIRC

Breakout year for sure. Kid has proven many wrong this season, myself included.

Yeah,  he had a really bad game against NE.    Otherwise we'd be a lot higher on his performance this year.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Along with a few penalties….he was probably the most frustrating player if the night against the Patriots….on top of McD opting to go run heavy the first three quarters and not trusting Josh’s arm. 

On top of kicking a low percentage FG due to the wind instead of going for 4th and short.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Beerball said:

I guess those two make up for all those losses.  He's got a monkey on his back and his name is Belichick.

The whole league’s had Belichick on their backs for 20 years. It’s not just McDermott that has had trouble beating him. He’s the greatest head coach of all time 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah,  he had a really bad game against NE.    Otherwise we'd be a lot higher on his performance this year.

A lot of those balls were very contested…I only saw it as one clear drop and he made one ridiculous catch while getting sandwiched by two dbs.  We just really needed someone to come down with one more of those 50/50 balls and pretty much struck out on tons of chances.  That deep ball that hit diggs in the arm was brutal although not an easy play with the wind pushing the ball around 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

On top of kicking a low percentage FG due to the wind instead of going for 4th and short.

I’m sure bass was confident in that one…the ball looked very well struck I was surprised it missed 

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

ESPN.com

Patriots expect 'a different game' in crucial AFC East rematch against Bills

theres a  👩‍✈️ captain obvious headline for ya. 

This is why I pay big bucks for my ESPN subscription, its the keen inside information

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.