Calling it now: We will WIN out.

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, T master said:

As i said I don't know how all that stuff works i would love to see it because i have been a life long Bills fan but none of us will know how it plays out until it's all over we have nothing but hope going forward . 

Even then there is the fact that if they do make the play offs there will be those here that still call for McD's & some other coaches heads despite the out come so for them it's a no win situation ...

GO BILLS !!!! 

Actually, that's not correct.

We know right now that if we win these last 4 games, we have a 100% chance of making the playoffs.

You'll have to take my word for it as you apparently aren't into mathematics.

Hell, we have like a 87% of making the playoffs with the 3 easy team wins and a LOSS TO NEW ENGLAND.

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

I had us winning out prior to week 1!!!!!

Embarrassing if we don't go 3-1 & yes I do expect 4-0.  

Yeah I think Bills beat Pats this 2nd time since it's less likely weather may not be nearly as much of a factor as before. As for the other 3 opponents, there is no reason (other than some major issue popping up) Bills can't handle each one of those struggling teams and handle convincingly for the most part. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I think Bills beat Pats this 2nd time since it's less likely weather may not be nearly as much of a factor as before. As for the other 3 opponents, there is no reason (other than some major issue popping up) Bills can't handle each one of those struggling teams and handle convincingly for the most part. 

I think we win too…..as long as we don’t get struck with the covid stick and lose a few more key players.  We especially can’t afford to lose anymore more OL.  

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I believe the Bills will punch the Patriots in the mouth and the new narrative in the National media will be Bills/Chiefs again. I think McDermott hates losing to Belichick. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I believe the Bills will punch the Patriots in the mouth and the new narrative in the National media will be Bills/Chiefs again. I think McDermott hates losing to Belichick. 

A Bills vs. Chiefs rematch could totally be in the cards!  

And it would be crazy to follow the ups and downs for both teams leading to that rematch, but sometimes that's how the NFL works out.

It's a LONG season and there are usually a few plot lines going on for each team.

IF (and it's a big "IF") the Bills have it in them to throw a switch and get back to last year's form, they can beat anyone in front of them starting this Sunday against Carolina.

It felt like that switch was thrown in the 2nd half of the Tampa game...

We'll find out! 

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2021 at 9:08 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

See my other post to understand why I am emerging from this heartbreaking loss actually optimistic:   What I saw, and why I am actually optimistic after this Bucs game

I could be wrong on this, and that is fine if I am...but I honestly am quite confident that we will win out looking at our schedule and based on what I said in the thread linked above.  Obviously, Pats game on paper is our toughest test over the final 4 games, but I think if the weather isn't as big of a factor as it was the first game that we will beat them decisively, especially if the offense we showed in the 2nd half of the Bucs game is here to stay.

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all teams I expect to win by double digits.  

NOTE:  All of this assumes Josh misses no time with the turf toe.

Alpha:   I like your spirit.      Go Bills

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/17/2021 at 11:24 AM, finn said:

It's more fun to make predictions, but really we should be talking percentages. The Bills have a 78% chance of beating Carolina (now 68% with the Dawkins injury), and a 55% chance of winning out, barring new developments. I'm calling it!

To quote that great football prognosticator, Mr. Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." .... He is not a big believer in analytics, more a "go with your gut" guy.

In that case, I think they

2 minutes ago, CSBill said:

To quote that great football prognosticator, Mr. Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." .... He is not a big believer in analytics, more a "go with your gut" guy.

In that case, I think the Bills win easily against Carolina, prevail in a pretty close one in New England, sweep Atlanta and New York, and win at least the first playoff game. The Bills may have the worst O-line in the league, but they have heart, and they're not ok with losing. If they can beat Tampa--and they showed they're perfectly capable of that--they can beat anyone. I think you can chalk up most of their losses to bad breaks. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

I’ll say 2-2. Lose to NE and drop one they should win..so in essence a continuation of what the season has been 

Yeah but we have already dropped more than 1 we should win (considering the season as a whole).

So I'm assuming that's done now and we will win one we should lose (at New England).

The remaining 3 games are easy against 10 point dogs; we'll beat those teams easily.

It all adds up to a 4-0 finish for the Bills.

🤪

I like the positivity, I really do.

On the other hand, week after week I'm getting progressively more exhausted with the false bravado & over confidence... seemingly in denial of reality, almost as if hoping that making wildly claims will manifest wins from the void.

Predictions of one-sided blowouts, calling the Patriots an "easy win," checking off wins on the future schedule, calling for monster stat lines of various players, etc. has become too common after each loss.

I get it, we want the Bills to turn it around! I'm not even asking people to stop being optimistic, not at all. Just please don't buy too much into it all or tie up your emotions & mental well-being to the team's success. Don't invest such heavy expectations into a certain outcome.

We know this team has issues, several of them painfully obvious. We know the AFC is tough & unpredictable. We know injuries & COVID are taking a toll. We even know our star QB can let emotions & hype effect his play. Most apparent of all, we know our opponents have a recipe for beating us & will continue to implement that until the Bills how they can overcome that.

TL;DR - Thank you for all those remaining positive! But please remember not take anything in the NFL for granted, & try to stay reasonable. I love these boards, but they're hard to visit after games & seeing the rampant depression, anger, sky-is-falling mentality after investing your emotions into the team & placing WAY too high of expectations on them. Have a great day everyone, Go Bills! 😉👍

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I like the positivity, I really do.

On the other hand, week after week I'm getting progressively more exhausted with the false bravado & over confidence... seemingly in denial of reality, almost as if hoping that making wildly claims will manifest wins from the void.

Predictions of one-sided blowouts, calling the Patriots an "easy win," checking off wins on the future schedule, calling for monster stat lines of various players, etc. has become too common after each loss.

I get it, we want the Bills to turn it around! I'm not even asking people to stop being optimistic, not at all. Just please don't buy too much into it all or tie up your emotions & mental well-being to the team's success. Don't invest such heavy expectations into a certain outcome.

We know this team has issues, several of them painfully obvious. We know the AFC is tough & unpredictable. We know injuries & COVID are taking a toll. We even know our star QB can let emotions & hype effect his play. Most apparent of all, we know our opponents have a recipe for beating us & will continue to implement that until the Bills how they can overcome that.

TL;DR - Thank you for all those remaining positive! But please remember not take anything in the NFL for granted, & try to stay reasonable. I love these boards, but they're hard to visit after games & seeing the rampant depression, anger, sky-is-falling mentality after investing your emotions into the team & placing WAY too high of expectations on them. Have a great day everyone, Go Bills! 😉👍

What does "staying reasonable" mean within the context of being a sports fan at this point in the season?  

We need to win 3 out of our last 4, and winning all 4 would be a lot better than that.

Now is the time to be enthusiastic and support the team.

Who needs to "remain reasonable" and what is the benefit?  

If/when it all goes bad, we will all have a very long off-season to analyze in detail! 

If we lose one of the 3 remaining "easy" games, this place will go off the rails.

Until then, enjoy and cheer on!

On 12/13/2021 at 12:08 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

See my other post to understand why I am emerging from this heartbreaking loss actually optimistic:   What I saw, and why I am actually optimistic after this Bucs game

I could be wrong on this, and that is fine if I am...but I honestly am quite confident that we will win out looking at our schedule and based on what I said in the thread linked above.  Obviously, Pats game on paper is our toughest test over the final 4 games, but I think if the weather isn't as big of a factor as it was the first game that we will beat them decisively, especially if the offense we showed in the 2nd half of the Bucs game is here to stay.

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all teams I expect to win by double digits.  

NOTE:  All of this assumes Josh misses no time with the turf toe.

Certainly feasible, ADawg. I’m hoping so! 🤞

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good so far....the team feels different after that 2nd half of the Bucs game...almost like they started to really believe they were the baddest MOFOs on the field again, like they did last year...like they got their swagger back...something that might have been missing for chunks of this season, especially after the Indy loss.

Edited by Big Turk

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Called it.  😎

😂

Struggled to put away 3 bad teams at HOME (Panthers, Falcons, Jets)...and had a majestic win on the road against an inept opponent! 

Looks like we could potentially have 4 re-matches where we would like to exact some revenge and win a championship

WC -  vs Patriots 

Div -   @ Kansas City 

CC -   @ Tenneessee 

SB -    Tampa Bay 

Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of us called this.

I called it 5 minutes after we LOST to Tampa Bay and lots of folks here wanted to start rebuilding the team and/or fire McDermott...and I got a bunch of laughing emoji things on my post!  That was in the Tampa post-game thread.  

This fanbase has a memory 1 game long, most of the time.

Thank God they don't have any say whatsoever in team decisions.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Lots of us called this.

I called it 5 minutes after we LOST to Tampa Bay and lots of folks here wanted to start rebuilding the team and/or fire McDermott...and I got a bunch of laughing emoji things on my post!  That was in the Tampa post-game thread.  

This fanbase has a memory 1 game long, most of the time.

Thank God they don't have any say whatsoever in team decisions.

No disrespect, but Alpha put his money where his mouth was, came on here and put his words/feelings out for all to bear/flame away to.  Not to mention,  I feel like 99% of the material he posts is informative, substantial, and fact-based.  

I give props where I feel it's due....👍

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

Struggled to put away 3 bad teams at HOME (Panthers, Falcons, Jets)...and had a majestic win on the road against an inept opponent! 

Looks like we could potentially have 4 re-matches where we would like to exact some revenge and win a championship

WC -  vs Patriots 

Div -   @ Kansas City 

CC -   @ Tenneessee 

SB -    Tampa Bay 

Go Bills !

OP had said that he expects the team to win out and by double digits. He was right on both counts -the last 4 games were won by 17, 12, 14 and 17 points.

Why are you seeking to undermine his post? 

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

OP had said that he expects the team to win out and by double digits. He was right on both counts -the last 4 games were won by 17, 12, 14 and 17 points.

Why are you seeking to undermine his post? 

I was not....While we had double digit wins,  they were a struggle.  We did not breeze through those games as one would have expected.   

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Called it.  😎

😂

that was a good call.  But those wins were more of a struggle than you anticipated perhaps?  (Falcons and last game with our offense v. the worse D in NFL).    

Edited by RyanC883

7 hours ago, ganesh said:

WC -  vs Patriots 

Div -   @ Kansas City 

CC -   @ Tenneessee 

SB -    Tampa Bay 

Go Bills !

struggled?  Every single win this season has been by 2+ scores and we easily score again if Josh doesnt get pulled late in this one.  I just dont understand what peoples expectations are...wire to wire blowouts are quite rare and it seems like our fans are expecting that every single week.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I was not....While we had double digit wins,  they were a struggle.  We did not breeze through those games as one would have expected.   

in what way were any of these games a struggle...I think the only time we trailed was by 1 just before halftime in the falcons game and that did not last long and we ended up holding them to 0 points in the second half.  Its not the team's fault we have a bunch of nervous fans that cant emotionally handle a lead smaller than 35 points haha  Man how spoiled are we that we complain were not winning by enough when he trailed for about 3 minutes in 4 total games.

4 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Man did I get my balls busted for buying those playoff tickets weeks ago. 

Who's laughing now. LFG

haha i bought mine the second we scored that late TD in the pats game 😁

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.