Calling it now: We will WIN out.

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

No one should be predicting this team going on any kind of a streak after how inconsistent they have been all year. Just not gonna happen.

So you're saying that they are so inconsistent, they could actually go on a streak. Otherwise they would be consistent in their inconsistency, which would leave them with being consistent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See my other post to understand why I am emerging from this heartbreaking loss actually optimistic:   What I saw, and why I am actually optimistic after this Bucs game

I could be wrong on this, and that is fine if I am...but I honestly am quite confident that we will win out looking at our schedule and based on what I said in the thread linked above.  Obviously, Pats game on paper is our toughest test over the final 4 games, but I think if the weather isn't as big of a factor as it was the first game that we will beat them decisively, especially if the offense we showed in the 2nd half of the Bucs game is here to stay.

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all teams I expect to win by double digits.  

NOTE:  All of this assumes Josh misses no time with the turf toe.

This is a optimistic assumption.  No one knows for sure the extent of Josh's foot injury and you don't get put into a walking boot just for turf toe.

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Eternal optimism makes no sense...

I don't think the OP qualifies as optimism, necessarily.  It's a positive viewpoint, but it's based on observation - not just a wing & a prayer.

It's pretty obvious that there is a subset of fans - here and everywhere, in every sport - who purposefully think pessimistically, just to protect themselves from disappointment.  Which is fine - but it's just not how I roll.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To have something positive on this board...the doom and gloom is over the top, and the reality is we probably will actually win out.  Yet most this board has given up on the season.  

Predicting a win out before was not rooted in reality.  We still had 3 tough games on the schedule in 2 Pats games and the Bucs game.  That was just people talking with optimism.  

And right now, there is a reason to think we will actually win out...and now its also more important that we do given the situation the team finds itself in right now.  So, that is the point...not about being BOLD...about actually posting something here that isn't some over the top hot take of panic and misery and actually a more realistic view of what is possible this year still.

So that is the point...

To do this means you have faith in Daboll and McD.  I do not have any faith in these two clowns and I am not the only one.  Josh at 100% still could not get us win against TB.  If he is less than 100% we are in trouble for the remaining games on our schedule.  Daboll and McD were a large part of the reason we lost Sunday.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Okay, you aren't alone... but at least let's all talk about it in one place

Look..........we've already established that @eball called it first on November 16.

That's the thread. 

Not the guys that called it after the Saints game.

Or the guys who tried to call their shot on Tuesday after the Pats game.

Or your guy 19 hours ago.

Or @Alphadawg7 now.

@eball is the first one to ever consider the possibility of the team winning the rest of their games at any point this season..........fact.

11 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@eball is the first one to ever consider the possibility of the team winning the rest of their games at any point this season..........fact.

LOL.  Shows how great my “feeling” was.  It has been such a strange season.  The Bills are still probably one of the best 5 teams in the league; they just haven’t been able to find any consistency and their flaws have been exposed at the most inopportune moments.  None of the breaks that went our way last year have gone our way this year.  Three losses against likely playoff teams with the ball in our hands in the red zone.

The Bills are a good — perhaps very good — team.  But I can’t honestly predict what next week’s result will be.  The 2nd half of yesterday’s game provided, at least, some reason for optimism.  A team whose coach has lost them doesn’t fight back like that, but we’re all still waiting for them to show up and fight for four quarters on a consistent basis.

At this point it has simply come down to this:  get into the playoffs and then see what happens, because there aren’t any great teams in the AFC and Buffalo could still win the damn thing just as easily as anyone else.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

See my other post to understand why I am emerging from this heartbreaking loss actually optimistic:   What I saw, and why I am actually optimistic after this Bucs game

I could be wrong on this, and that is fine if I am...but I honestly am quite confident that we will win out looking at our schedule and based on what I said in the thread linked above.  Obviously, Pats game on paper is our toughest test over the final 4 games, but I think if the weather isn't as big of a factor as it was the first game that we will beat them decisively, especially if the offense we showed in the 2nd half of the Bucs game is here to stay.

Panthers, Falcons, and Jets are all teams I expect to win by double digits.  

NOTE:  All of this assumes Josh misses no time with the turf toe.

there ya go!

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Protect themselves from what? I think that is psychobabble. No, it's more like the realistic fans understand that hoping & wishing is futile, and then expect a team to prove to them they are capable of what the wishful fans are hoping for.

Prior to this season I posted that the Bills will likely not sweep the AFCE, that Allen would not be able to duplicate what he did last season, and they will have 6-7 losses. ofc I was blasted as a pessemist, but look at the reality of this season. 

Optimisim and wishful thinking is never a pathway to real tangeable results.

There is zero doubt that some fans protect themselves from disappointment.  Zero.

The best thing to do is take it one week at a time and play each game as if it's the Super Bowl. Anything less than playoffs is a complete failure by McDermott & co. Right now they should focus on the Panthers and nothing else. After the Jacksonville game I'm not so sure it's an automatic win. And if we beat the Pats it won't be decisive, it will likely come down to a FG. 

I was very high on the Bills even when down big yesterday. What turned me against them was overtime yesterday. They won the toss and had a reeling and exhausted Bucs team on the ropes. They did NOTHING. Absolutelty pathetic. There is no killer instinct on this team. None!!!   It is sad.

Edited by Evian

Hello fellas.. i do not have any fear we won’t win all of the last four games and not because we face three weak Teams at home and just one, the hardest one against the Pats on the road, but because right now, exactly right now, i just feel this way, we’ll play an umbelievable football that we never played this season. 

I’m sure that from head to feet, to the coaches to the last player of our so beloved team, they will give something they almost never gave till now: strenght, commitment, desire, sense of urgency, devotion (to us fans also) and all the emotional part that along with their real talent, make them a great great football team ! 

Believe me or not, we’ll go 4-0 !!! 

GOOOO BUFFALO BILLSSSSS !!! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.