Is this the week for Mitch Trubisky ?

HOUSE

I think they could win this week with Mitch. I know the Bills have their issues. The Jags game showed anything can happen. Cam is a shell of his former. They don't have McCaffrey. Josh or Mitch their really is no reason why the Bills shouldn't be 8-6 by around 4:00 on Sunday afternoon. They are the better team. They are home and desperate for win. This is a must win if they want to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

Simply put, yes.  Realistically, the Bills arent going anywhere this year.  We've all been waiting for hte last 2 months for them to go on a winning streak.  It's not happening, and I'm not sure they even match up well with Carolina, given that our roster is largely their castoffs.

Given that, why would you put your franchise QB at risk?  He's already injured, and the OL seem to be actively conspiring to get him hurt more.  Morse should never see the field again.  It feels like the rest of the team are standing around waiting for Allen to do their jobs for them.

Let Josh sit, let MT play.  Meanwhile, make some changes, shake it up.   Might as well let them start auditioning for next year because they will never be a contender with this group of failsons

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If we see Trubisky this week, Bills fans will see just how below average the team is around Allen. Beane and McDermott have been able to mask deficiencies on this team with Allen. Unfortunately, the team has put too much pressure on Allen to carry the team and he is unable to do so at this point and time. 

• Like (+1) 2

This team is on the precipice of becoming the team that wins out and storms into the playoffs as a live contender for the SB, or total extinction. Josh will play hurt and lead us as he did in the 2nd half yesterday. He is the ultimate gamer and as long as there's no fractures or a high ankle sprain, he will shrug off turf toe and play through it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If we lose, the season is likely over.

So no. We shouldn't sit our franchise QB in a year where there are no dominant AFC teams.

If they lose to either the Panthers, Falcons, or Jets the season is over IMHO. They need at least 10 wins to have a shot at the playoffs. I would love it if they can go into NE and get a win. They are capable of doing that when they play up to their ability as the 2nd half yesterday showed. I am just not confident they will do that. They can't "F" up their home games and expect to be in the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If we lose, the season is likely over.

So no. We shouldn't sit our franchise QB in a year where there are no dominant AFC teams.

Other years I'd agree with you but this team is going nowhere fast and not worth the risk to Allen.  So what, he plays, they win, but he gets injured in a more significant way so they can get crushed the rest of the way out?  I'd feel different if this team had given any indication of even being in the top half of the league, but for 2 months now they look more like the keystone kops than a contender

There needs to be significant change in the offseason, get rid of the guys who don't want to be on the team.  Allen needs help

26 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Here is the question, if Josh Allen is less then 80% by Sunday, should the Bills start Mitch Trubisky?

Note: Never attack the post, attack the poster 😬

image.thumb.png.5ebc3e7f5d6f25b8f26508755f3f9f04.png

It's on interesting question and I think a case can be made both ways.

First concern is always a players health. If Josh will risk further damage it's smart to sit him out this week. With the playoffs still within reach we need him healthy for that. Also, perhaps Trubisky actually plays well and we still win the game. Could possibly drive up his FA value resulting in a nice comp pick (unless Beane gows on a spending frenzy and cancels it out). Could result in a nice 3rd-4th rounder to help rebuild the lines.

On the other hand we still have to stack some wins to even make the playoffs. So we need Allen out there because he is really the only gamebreaking talent we have on offense that can just take a game over and dominate. 

Right now, until an update comes out it's all hypothetical anyway. But we will have to do whatever it takes to win the next one.

Play Allen, tell the team to sack up and put the game out of reach early so we can get him out of there.  

Yesterday showed this team can still win a Super Bowl if they make the playoffs.  When you have an elite QB and some talent around him, that's on the table.... even for a very flawed team like us. 

Do they have enough consistency to win 4 straight to guarantee themselves that shot?  We'll seem they haven't shown it all year... not sure I want to start this stretch of finding out with our season riding on Mitch Trubisky.  

36 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If Trubisky plays it's a loss.  I don't care if it's home, against a losing team..etc.  Carolina is more than capable of beating a Buffalo team without Josh Allen.

I mean... they have won 2 of their last 8 and have scored more than 21 points 3 times in that stretch.  Buffalo's defense hasn't been getting the takeaways in the last few games, but I think they're likely due against an offense lacking identity, offensive line ability, and QB.  

Could they win?  Of course - its the NFL.  But they have been playing pretty crappy for a couple of months now regardless of QB, CMC, etc. 

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Here is the question, if Josh Allen is less then 80% by Sunday, should the Bills start Mitch Trubisky?

Note: Never attack the post, attack the poster 😬

image.thumb.png.5ebc3e7f5d6f25b8f26508755f3f9f04.png

This is a fine post. We'll see later in the week. Perhaps start Mitch and keep Josh in reserve if he's less than 90% and Mitch struggles.

As for you ... you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

Simply put, yes.  Realistically, the Bills arent going anywhere this year.  We've all been waiting for hte last 2 months for them to go on a winning streak.  It's not happening, and I'm not sure they even match up well with Carolina, given that our roster is largely their castoffs.

Given that, why would you put your franchise QB at risk?  He's already injured, and the OL seem to be actively conspiring to get him hurt more.  Morse should never see the field again.  It feels like the rest of the team are standing around waiting for Allen to do their jobs for them.

Let Josh sit, let MT play.  Meanwhile, make some changes, shake it up.   Might as well let them start auditioning for next year because they will never be a contender with this group of failsons

Disagree that we aren't going anywhere.  

Every AFC team is flawed. We lost to the current afc and nfc 1 seeds by 10 points combined with a chance to win both. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Disagree that we aren't going anywhere.  

Every AFC team is flawed. We lost to the current afc and nfc 1 seeds by 10 points combined with a chance to win both. 

In fact, we've lost every close game we've played in.  Are we going to back into the playoffs and start blowing people out?  It seems more likely, based on the reality of who this team is, that we'll show up to games ill prepared and without a plan, and maybe come around in the 3rd quarter and try to make it a game.  that's not a recipe for going anywhere

I hope that McD is a good enough coach to take a hard look at this season and make some difficult decisions in the offseason. 

Where are all the legions who praised the Trubisky signing? This is what he was signed for. Time to see if the spare tire will get us to the next stop on the interstate. Knowing this team, and the monkey paw luck we have, watch Mitch ball out and look impressive leading to wild media speculation going into the NE game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

I mean... they have won 2 of their last 8 and have scored more than 21 points 3 times in that stretch.  Buffalo's defense hasn't been getting the takeaways in the last few games, but I think they're likely due against an offense lacking identity, offensive line ability, and QB.  

Could they win?  Of course - its the NFL.  But they have been playing pretty crappy for a couple of months now regardless of QB, CMC, etc. 

If they had McCaffrey he'd have 5+ 80+ yard TD runs and 5+ 80+ yard receiving TDs...

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

If Trubisky plays it's a loss.  I don't care if it's home, against a losing team..etc.  Carolina is more than capable of beating a Buffalo team without Josh Allen.

Ridiculous…Trubisky won a lot of games with a pretty feeble stable of offensive weapons in Chicago…there’s no reason to think he can’t beat this shell of a Carolina team, at home, in a game like this.  It would also be interesting to see just how much this team relies on Josh Allen…

Allen will have to be forced not to play.  Like he said after the game.  I finished the game on it.  I will be alright.  He is a throw back and unless the medical staff holds him out I dont see him not playing.  The offense may actually improve if they cant depend on Allen being a magician.  Oline has to block better, Daboll would have to call a better game. 

If it is then I certainly hope it won't be another bad weather/wind day because knowing how the offense struggles in it with Allen, I would imagine it may be even worse for Mitch. Also in the event MT does have to start one would think we will for sure see more running plays..........

Either way I don't have much confidence in Daboll and I'm still frustrated with yesterday. Our franchise star QB was limping in pain and so for some reason he thinks it's a great idea to continue to call multiple designed running plays for him. 

I for one am honestly pretty much fed up with Daboll myself

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.