Josh Allen: Bills aren’t executing and that starts with me

BuffaloBills1998

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/21/josh-allen-bills-arent-executing-and-that-starts-with-me/ 

im sorry Josh but I have to disagree, it starts with Beane and company making sure you have a 20+ touch a game RB and an O Line that Block and Protect. I just love how most of you want McD fired or some want Allen gone. When in fact Both McD and Allen is what’s made this franchise respectable again and relevant. Maybe we should revisit the days of Gailey, Jauron, St Doug Moron, Rex Ryan, Greg Williams etc. Who were our QBS before Allen? Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Losman, Edwards, AVP, Manuel. I just don’t get it, I don’t understand how most of you want to blow this up and start all over again. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Allen is saying what you’d expect a Franchise QB to say, but he knows.. as do we… that the Defense, OL & RB situation is holding us back - not him.  

I’m a big praise in public and critique in private guy, but maybe McDermott should make it known some guys need to be better so Allen doesn’t have to keep taking unwarranted blame. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

See Tampa Bay with Dungy.  McD is not the guy.  Allen is the future.  He can win it all.  But not with this coach.  

nor with Bean, horrid drafts.   Listening to KC game on way home and it was painful hearing how Creed Humphrey who we should have drafted was blasting guys at the second level. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen is saying what you’d expect a Franchise QB to say, but he knows.. as do we… that the Defense, OL & RB situation is holding us back - not him.  

I’m a big praise in public and critique in private guy, but maybe McDermott should make it known some guys need to be better so Allen doesn’t have to keep taking unwarranted blame. 

If you don’t think Allen isn’t partly to blame for  our problems this year you are delusional. He’s had his share of mistakes, he played better last year, he doesn’t seem focused this year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

If you don’t think Allen isn’t partly to blame for  our problems this year you are delusional. He’s had his share of mistakes, he played better last year, he doesn’t seem focused this year.

Our OL last year, up until the KC game, pass protected at a decent clip.  

It’s hard to look focused when the OL is strugglebussing to every game.  Everything is going to look like a grind.  Not just the pressure on Allen, but the forcing of hurried throws into tighter windows as he can’t wait for the separation in the route to occur.   We can’t really run to open up throwing lanes, or force linebackers to suck up, so everything Allen looks at is flooded with defenders.   

Im not saying he’s without blame, but he’s probably THE last thing I’m worried about on this team. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

It’s hard to be an MVP candidate when your O line can’t protect and you don’t have a running game to help open up the passing game. Our offense is 1 dimensional  

I'm pretty sure he jumped and blindly just whipped the ball into the air on that second pick. Like a panicking 9 year old. Trying to find video. I love Josh and think he's the long-term answer, but that stuff has to pretty much completely stop for him to take any serious next step toward MVP. 

Edited by Nelius
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Our OL last year, up until the KC game, pass protected at a decent clip.  

It’s hard to look focused when the OL is strugglebussing to every game.  Everything is going to look like a grind.  Not just the pressure on Allen, but the forcing of hurried throws into tighter windows as he can’t wait for the separation in the route to occur.   We can’t really run to open up throwing lanes, or force linebackers to suck up, so everything Allen looks at is flooded with defenders.   

Im not saying he’s without blame, but he’s probably THE last thing I’m worried about on this team. 

I think he’s easily fixable, but currently,  he’s not taking what defenses give him and he’s not protecting the ball. He’s causing some of his own problems not finding the open man and forcing other throws. But play design is terrible and of course execution has been non existent.

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/21/josh-allen-bills-arent-executing-and-that-starts-with-me/ 

im sorry Josh but I have to disagree, it starts with Beane and company making sure you have a 20+ touch a game RB and an O Line that Block and Protect. I just love how most of you want McD fired or some want Allen gone. When in fact Both McD and Allen is what’s made this franchise respectable again and relevant. Maybe we should revisit the days of Gailey, Jauron, St Doug Moron, Rex Ryan, Greg Williams etc. Who were our QBS before Allen? Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Losman, Edwards, AVP, Manuel. I just don’t get it, I don’t understand how most of you want to blow this up and start all over again. 

Josh had 3 count them 3 incompletions in the first half and they where down 17 at halftime he can do QB speak all he wants this is on the coaches and the front office 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh had 3 count them 3 incompletions in the first half and they where down 17 at halftime he can do QB speak all he wants this is on the coaches and the front office 

I counted at least 6 drops today. Beane has to be aware he shortchanged the OL this last draft. Brown looks good but Ford, Boettger and Feliciano all need replacing. 

• Like (+1) 3

i agree with the op for the most part but lets not use the bills dark days as a deflection to absolve some earned criticism.

where i agree is O line and rb,whether scheme or players is the #1 glaring weakness. the main frustration i have is it was/IS very well known and seemingly ignored by the front office.  instead they elected to "run it back" and are once again shuffling around the same cast during the season as if they were never certain who they trusted and at what position they belong is a pretty bad indictmen and routinley putting josh in a horrable position to succeed. luckily brown seems like a great pick so far but it is shocking a team that knocked on the door of the sb with this glaring weakness has resulted in no urgency in addressing it. playing it safe with draft picks or cap decisions isnt nec the right decision. not when you were a game away.

the ABSOLUTE WORST PART is that our old nemesis NE lose their hall of fame qb. rebuild for ONE, count it ONE, singular, season, and has overtaken us in the standings. with a ROOKIE qb! his first season! that is a pretty bad look. we are several years in with a elite qb under center. if the PATS dominate us this year then this front office deserves all the criticism it gets. i dont want to hear "well its belicheck!" they better become a hell of alot more active in doing whatever it takes to fix the issues quick if that happens or it deserves to get ugly. they were a fumble away with cam newton when we played better so i have major doubts.

still plenty of time. but this fanbase deserves better then watching a team with all the weopons needed somehow drop down during a broken AFC east timeframe. not another decade for me and i dont care who gets canned to prevent it.

Edited by Buffarukus

It’s true the OL needs to play better, much better for the Bills to actually win anything substantive, BUT there are quite a few occasions where Josh has ample time in the pocket and either decides to bail, or hold the ball for over 3 seconds. Either he’s not seeing open receivers, or they’re not getting open for him.

The OL would look pretty good if Josh was a “get the ball out in 2.5 seconds” rhythm passer, something Brady has been known for his entire career. We need Josh to elevate the play of his OL and WRs, to make them look better than they are. That would be a true evolution of his game and based on the reports I heard out of camp, I thought he was trending that way and would be the player we’d be getting this year (and evidently so did Brandon Beane). He’s not yet at the level where he can carry the team by himself, despite what Daboll may think - as evidenced by his pass heavy play calls.

Edited by JayBaller10

4 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yes he is but at the same time its hard to stay focused when you have to press.  O line lets him down.  Knox let him down like 3 times today.  Beasley lets him down this year.  Defense let him down this game.  Josh is part of it but a small part.  This team as a unit hasnt gotten their ***** together.  Its a team game and right now Josh is the least of the problems.

He's right:  looked like JA of 2019--all fastballs and everything too high.  But he had much more time to throw than in the Jags game.  

The O-line wasn't the big problem.  The D sucks. Wentz looked awful, yet they couldn't force him to throw the ball because Taylor was abusing the front 7 on  his way to just pantsing the DBs.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Did you see the holes the colts had in the run game.  Man I would love to see that...

Their oline > ours by 10x.  And josh knows that. 

it's a salary cap league.  when your QB gets paid as much as Allen, you're very unlikely to have an o-line like the Colts.

9 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I just love how most of you want McD fired or some want Allen gone. 

I missed that. Did anyone really call for dumping Allen? Now that would be a post to save. Can you find it? That person should have carry it as a mark of shame for the rest of their TBD career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

The Defense, OL and RB's are holding us back but at the same time, I would also expect Josh to raise his game to cover up some of those deficiencies. Josh is capable of doing that and has done it in the past but he needs to do it more consistently. This issue is not going to get better considering that Josh will be taking up a huge chunk of the salary cap. IMO, he is a top 5 player in this league and he needs to show it more often than he has this year. 

7 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I just don’t get where the passion is. These players and coaches seem content with where they are and the mediocrity they’re producing. No urgency,  no passion, no drive. Why is this a consistent thing In Buffalo no matter the regime? 

I’m not totally on board with they are content.  But would it be fair to say that for most players and coaches they don’t care about it as much as we do?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, harryS said:

it's a salary cap league.  when your QB gets paid as much as Allen, you're very unlikely to have an o-line like the Colts.

1 hour ago, harryS said:

You do realize Wentz salary cap hit is 2x what Allen’s is, right?  That’s GOT to be the worst excuse I’ve ever heard.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes he is but at the same time its hard to stay focused when you have to press.  O line lets him down.  Knox let him down like 3 times today.  Beasley lets him down this year.  Defense let him down this game.  Josh is part of it but a small part.  This team as a unit hasnt gotten their ***** together.  Its a team game and right now Josh is the least of the problems.

It’s very frustrating and disappointing I agree. Still think he needs to play better, make better decisions, protect the ball…

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Can all the "Run the ball" discussion go away, please?

It's not 1983 anymore.

Last year the Bills FINALLY developed a dynamic, aggressive, passing attack, and we had one of the best offenses in the entire NFL and we got to the AFC Championship Game.

And now you want to go back to Rex Ryan football?  Or how McDermott appeared to be early on--with a desire to win all games 13-7???

We need to start EXECUTING on both sides of the ball. 

Allen is right!  He needs to be better.

This team lives and dies by his right arm.

Not the damned RB corps!

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

23 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

See Tampa Bay with Dungy.  McD is not the guy.  Allen is the future.  He can win it all.  But not with this coach.  

I hope Daboll goes somewhere as a head coach next season. I'm just not pleased with the offense this year. We don't have that explosiveness like the 2020 season. I would be much happier w/ a Greg Roman type OC, Roman's offense was pretty decent w/ Tyrod Taylor. Imagine him with a guy like Allen. 

But that's as far as I go w/ regards to your post. McDermott is here to stay whether some fans like it or not. It would have to be a massive implosion or epic proportions to get him fired. I'm talking 2-3 losing seasons in a row. The most I could see is replacing Beanie, but I don't think that would ever happen either. Those 2 might as well be Siamese twins.

Yes, the loss sucks, but we need to think rationally. McDermott getting axed is not going to happen so you're just going to have to learn to deal with it. 🤗

56 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Can all the "Run the ball" discussion go away, please?

It's not 1983 anymore.

Last year the Bills FINALLY developed a dynamic, aggressive, passing attack, and we had one of the best offenses in the entire NFL and we got to the AFC Championship Game.

And now you want to go back to Rex Ryan football?  Or how McDermott appeared to be early on--with a desire to win all games 13-7???

We need to start EXECUTING on both sides of the ball. 

Allen is right!  He needs to be better.

This team lives and dies by his right arm.

Not the damned RB corps!

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read. Look at what Fournette did for the BUCS and for Brady during the playoffs last season. You don't think Allen wouldn't benefit from that. You think putting the whole offense on his shoulders is the answer? I need some of what you're smoking 😄

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's right:  looked like JA of 2019--all fastballs and everything too high.  But he had much more time to throw than in the Jags game.  

The O-line wasn't the big problem.  The D sucks. Wentz looked awful, yet they couldn't force him to throw the ball because Taylor was abusing the front 7 on  his way to just pantsing the DBs.

That’s the thing nobody wants to admit. Because he was good last year everyone wants to give him the free pass on playing poorly. There are problems all over right now but to try and say josh isn’t one of them is wrong. When josh is playing well there is more room for error across the board. He is missing plays that results in more chances for bad things to happen. Or the bad things have bigger impacts. Josh needs to be better as do those around him. This coaching staff included. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

I’m not totally on board with they are content.  But would it be fair to say that for most players and coaches they don’t care about it as much as we do?

It probably wouldn’t because it’s their job and life. It’s probably a safer bet to say they care about it more. 

23 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Starts with the Oline. Simple as. 

Beane needs to do whatever it takes to get this offensive line improved 

Agreed.  Even a marginal QB can look good behind an O line giving him all day to make a decision.  Brady last night could have made dinner and eaten it with the time he had on most plays. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.