The Bills don’t deserve this level of fan support

Virgil

Maybe I’m salty because I’ve put some decent money into attending games this year. Maybe I’m breaking the cardinal rule of not posting when you are angry. Either way, it’s ridiculous the ROI this year.  

You can argue the relevance of fans investment in a team, but I argue that the fans are why the team is here and why the players get paid.  

When I think about the cost of tickets for the home opener, how many fans travelled to the Titans game, and the minimum 50% of the stands being fans for the Jags game, the product this team puts on the field is pathetic.   

I’m honestly starting to believe that the lack of fans in the stadium helped the team last year.  I’m not saying it’s the reason we lose, but it’s not helping.  I wish there was a better way to show our displeasure.  I honestly hope the fans start to boo them more at home to start a game, or just something. 

Seeing the fans walk out of the stadium today after that pathetic performance, I would hope for a refund check straight from the coaches and players. 

But again, I’m super salty right now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 9

I am super salty as well, and your anger is justified.

Today's game was a personal insult to our fan base, and we deserve a lot better than this.

There is no excuse for losing today.

All that being said, I will be back and cheering my heart out for this team against the Jets.

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m salty too, but also trying to remain rational with my thoughts. 

With that being said, it’s really odd that things seem to be working reverse for the Bills so far this season. Our fan noise seems to not effect offenses at home, but our offense is frazzled by any amount of noise road fans generate. Even if it is a small amount. 

This Bills team is arrogant right now. They are focused on having too much with no execution on the field behind it. 

If this loss doesn’t snap some sense into them then the season may go down the chute quickly. 

• Agree 1

It's the other way around.

We have people on the message boards guaranteeing wins ahead of both the Dolphins game and Jaguars game ... and then acting like the team is a disgrace and not worth our money when that doesn't happen. I don't know where this fan attitude came from, but it's so embarrassing.

The Bills are a good, young, playoff bound team. They deserve the benefit of the doubt and the same "wait and see" approach from fans that we expect from players. Enjoy the wins and try not to kill yourselves when they have a bad game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I always appreciate your posts Virgil...because they're generally objective.  This loss hurts the fans more than the team...because we counted it as a sure win.  The team does hurt in standings and position...but I think we fans are feeling it more.   There is nothing we can do about it.  The team can get back to work and fix what's broken.  The question is, do we have the parts?  Any team deserves the support of their fan base...if they are making an effort.  Feel the way you feel, Virgil, until you don't feel that way any more.  The saltiness is clearly felt by many as generally there are more posts after a poor performance than a good one.  

This is the exact reason why I am not going to the Tampa game and I'm 30mins away.... I'm not going to piss my time and money (tickets even for the nose bleeds are expensive) away to watch them get destroyed 

Edited by 727Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Maybe I’m salty because I’ve put some decent money into attending games this year. Maybe I’m breaking the cardinal rule of not posting when you are angry. Either way, it’s ridiculous the ROI this year.  

You can argue the relevance of fans investment in a team, but I argue that the fans are why the team is here and why the players get paid.  

When I think about the cost of tickets for the home opener, how many fans travelled to the Titans game, and the minimum 50% of the stands being fans for the Jags game, the product this team puts on the field is pathetic.   

I’m honestly starting to believe that the lack of fans in the stadium helped the team last year.  I’m not saying it’s the reason we lose, but it’s not helping.  I wish there was a better way to show our displeasure.  I honestly hope the fans start to boo them more at home to start a game, or just something. 

Seeing the fans walk out of the stadium today after that pathetic performance, I would hope for a refund check straight from the coaches and players. 

This is a very good team trying to be a great team.   It’s a journey.  It could take a few years to win a title.   The team made up of a lot of great professionals, and great people, and they are fun to watch and follow.  This team deserves great support.  You are pouting.  ROI is an odd take if you are a dedicated fan that supports them.   You love football and the Bills then ROI is not a consideration.  

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

It's the other way around.

We have people on the message boards guaranteeing wins ahead of both the Dolphins game and Jaguars game ... and then acting like the team is a disgrace and not worth our money when that doesn't happen. I don't know where this fan attitude came from, but it's so embarrassing.

The Bills are a good, young, playoff bound team. They deserve the benefit of the doubt and the same "wait and see" approach from fans that we expect from players. Enjoy the wins and try not to kill yourselves when they have a bad game.

Also this. Very well written. GTD was embarrassing, rants now are embarrassing.

Its football.

Tampa was 7-5 last year and won superbowl. We are 20-7 over the last 2 seasons and people are acting like we are in Texans situation. Some fans got too entitled somehow.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If anything fans better be at the airport tonight with pitchforks.

It's time to stop drinking the koolaid and blinding worshipping Allen, Beane, McDermott, Diggs, etc because the results simply aren't there and in reality this closer to a 2 or 3 win team masquerading as a 5-3 team right now and that's why they are finally starting to look bad and lose against other bad teams.

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I am super salty as well, and your anger is justified.

Today's game was a personal insult to our fan base, and we deserve a lot better than this.

There is no excuse for losing today.

All that being said, I will be back and cheering my heart out for this team against the Jets.

GO BILLS!!!

Insult to the fan base?  

Geezus some of you are delusional about the NFL and overly entitled.  

There is a reason only ONE team in NFL history has an “undefeated” season, and why it’s never happened in the modern era of longer seasons and might never happen again…It’s an anyone can win on any given week league.  Upsets happen every year and practically every week.  

To act like they owe you something as if they aren’t out there laying it on the line every play for your entertainment is incredibly vain and arrogant.  

Josh Allen got the beating of his career today trying to win that that game.  I promise you every player out there and coach wanted to win this game more than you wanted them to win, and they are risking injury every play to try and get those wins.  

The reaction on this board today is more embarrassing than the loss.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Its football.

Tampa was 7-5 last year and won superbowl. We are 20-7 over the last 2 seasons and people are acting like we are in Texans situation. Some fans got too entitled somehow.

Yep. This league is all about getting hot at the end, not Week 9.

This wasn't the first time a favored team ***** the bed + lost to an heavy underdog, and won't be the last.

• Agree 5

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If anything fans better be at the airport tonight with pitchforks.

It's time to stop drinking the koolaid and blinding worshipping Allen, Beane, McDermott, Diggs, etc because the results simply aren't there and in reality this closer to a 2 or 3 win team masquerading as a 5-3 team right now and that's why they are finally starting to look bad and lose against other bad teams.

I think this says more about you than it does anyone else. 

28 minutes ago, Virgil said:

People “deserve”little.

Enjoy the good times. Forget about the bad. Sports are nothing more than a diversion from everyday life. If it affects you on Monday, that’s on you. (And it used to be on me)

I’m desperate for this team to win it all when I’m still around to enjoy it. History tells me that it’s not likely to happen, but I’ll be there every Sunday (or Thursday or Monday or…). The next day I’ll find myself getting “ready” for the next game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Its football.

I don't really think it's entitlement when your fanbase truly expects you to beat a 1-6 team

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think this says more about you than it does anyone else. 

I've never worshipped this regime.

Yes it's great the drought is over and this team has some semblance of NFL relevance again but anybody that thinks this coach/GM/QB are on par with the 90's bills are delusional.

I think all Bills fans are going to be in a rude awakening when this team loses a bunch more games and/or doesn't make the playoffs this year and boy are some certain extensions to the aforementioned folks going to look terrible when that happens.

28 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Personal insult?  Sheesh. I am actually excited to get my personal insult from the team. Does it come as a letter, do they visit us in person (seems unsafe with covid), a personal video. Sorta excited. I didn’t know I matter that much to be personally insulted. 

I think I saw a lot of talk about them mailing it in but not sure

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've never worshipped this regime.

Yes it's great the drought is over and this team has some semblance of NFL relevance again but anybody that thinks this coach/GM/QB are on par with the 90's bills are delusional.

I think all Bills fans are going to be in a rude awakening when this team loses a bunch more games and/or doesn't make the playoffs this year and boy are some certain extensions to the aforementioned folks going to look terrible when that happens.

While I absolutely defend your right to whine and throw a tantrum like a 3 year old child...it still isn't a good look.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.