The Bills don’t deserve this level of fan support

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Insult to the fan base?  

Geezus some of you are delusional about the NFL and overly entitled.  

There is a reason only ONE team in NFL history has an “undefeated” season, and why it’s never happened in the modern era of longer seasons and might never happen again…It’s an anyone can win on any given week league.  Upsets happen every year and practically every week.  

To act like they owe you something as if they aren’t out there laying it on the line every play for your entertainment is incredibly vain and arrogant.  

Josh Allen got the beating of his career today trying to win that that game.  I promise you every player out there and coach wanted to win this game more than you wanted them to win, and they are risking injury every play to try and get those wins.  

The reaction on this board today is more embarrassing than the loss.  

I think some of our fans were more comfortable with an actual bad team than a good team that will some weeks underwhelm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Maybe I’m salty because I’ve put some decent money into attending games this year. Maybe I’m breaking the cardinal rule of not posting when you are angry. Either way, it’s ridiculous the ROI this year.  

You can argue the relevance of fans investment in a team, but I argue that the fans are why the team is here and why the players get paid.  

When I think about the cost of tickets for the home opener, how many fans travelled to the Titans game, and the minimum 50% of the stands being fans for the Jags game, the product this team puts on the field is pathetic.   

I’m honestly starting to believe that the lack of fans in the stadium helped the team last year.  I’m not saying it’s the reason we lose, but it’s not helping.  I wish there was a better way to show our displeasure.  I honestly hope the fans start to boo them more at home to start a game, or just something. 

Seeing the fans walk out of the stadium today after that pathetic performance, I would hope for a refund check straight from the coaches and players. 

But again, I’m super salty right now 

come on mane I mean I get it but its not as if the Bills havent been on theend of sucky losses before..Im old school by that I mean I TRY to not get too high OR too low or Ida bailed on this franchise eons ago..which I never did and never will.

m

• Like (+1) 1

This team may lose 7 games! Would never thought that before the season. Saying that and the Bills are considered to have the easiest schedule. That doesn’t scream contender.

I honestly think the offense has been figured out and defenses are shutting it down, which is obvious. 6 points today. Embarrassing!!!!!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This team has ZERO heart. They’re soft…just like they’re coach. What did Tyson say? Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face! Nice job coach. 

I hope this is sarcasm. If not, then you are actually worse at being a fan than they are at playing football

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if other fan bases think as highly of themselves as Bills fans do. Bills fans are insufferable, they call themselves the greatest fans in the world, they deserve more, if they don't show up it's not on them, if they do show up they're awesome. They're like most fan bases, mostly good, some crappy, some great. This 'we deserve' something is BS. You get what you get, that's it. I first went to a game in 1970, I don't feel like I deserve anything, I just hope for good things. I'm usually disappointed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I've never worshipped this regime.

Yes it's great the drought is over and this team has some semblance of NFL relevance again but anybody that thinks this coach/GM/QB are on par with the 90's bills are delusional.

I think all Bills fans are going to be in a rude awakening when this team loses a bunch more games and/or doesn't make the playoffs this year and boy are some certain extensions to the aforementioned folks going to look terrible when that happens.

You mean the 90's teams that were 4 time losers and won nothing?  Thats. a low bar you set.

I could care less how they measure up to a 4 time loser...all 4 of which I still have on tape.  I care how they measure up come playoff time to the team on the opposite sideline.  Thats it.  

Anything else is a waste of time.

I never felt like the rebuild was complete, like the commentators said before the game. We might still be 2 drafts away. This entire OL needs to be revamped. We need another Beasley, CB, DT, and by the time we do all of that, Diggs will be at the end of his career.

Right now, we aren’t good enough on either side of the ball.

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

This team may lose 7 games! Would never thought that before the season. Saying that and the Bills are considered to have the easiest schedule. That doesn’t scream contender.

I honestly think the offense has been figured out and defenses are shutting it down, which is obvious. 6 points today. Embarrassing!!!!!

concur but dont think they wont at least TRY to come up with a gameplan answer .they will and they shall. JMO 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I hope this is sarcasm. If not, then you are actually worse at being a fan than they are at playing football

Well that made me laugh! Just frustrated today. Been a fanatic since the mid ‘60s…so cut me some slack. I’m just exhausted from this crap. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

I never felt like the rebuild was complete, like the commentators said before the game. We might still be 2 drafts away. This entire OL needs to be revamped. We need another Beasley, CB, DT, and by the time we do all of that, Diggs will be at the end of his career.

Lol this gets better by each post I read today.

We are literally no. 1 ranked defense in whole NFL and they just allowed 9 points in an NFL game.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

TWO drafts? Lord have mercy I say one or I'll eat crow IF that. #billieve

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Maybe I’m salty because I’ve put some decent money into attending games this year. Maybe I’m breaking the cardinal rule of not posting when you are angry. Either way, it’s ridiculous the ROI this year.  

You can argue the relevance of fans investment in a team, but I argue that the fans are why the team is here and why the players get paid.  

When I think about the cost of tickets for the home opener, how many fans travelled to the Titans game, and the minimum 50% of the stands being fans for the Jags game, the product this team puts on the field is pathetic.   

I’m honestly starting to believe that the lack of fans in the stadium helped the team last year.  I’m not saying it’s the reason we lose, but it’s not helping.  I wish there was a better way to show our displeasure.  I honestly hope the fans start to boo them more at home to start a game, or just something. 

Seeing the fans walk out of the stadium today after that pathetic performance, I would hope for a refund check straight from the coaches and players. 

But again, I’m super salty right now 

I spent some bucks on a last minute trip to Nashville a couple weeks ago. Still really enjoyed it, and it was an epic game (unlike today).   i assumed we had a slew of Wins upcoming so i didn’t sweat the loss too much. Now i’m not so sure.  And yeah, playing in front of tons of Bills fans really does nothing for this club. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Didn't the Bills lose a late season December game in 1992 at home to the Jets who were like a 17 point underdogs? The Jets only won I think 4 games the whole season. What would the people on this board have said then if it existed? We went on to our 3rd Super Bowl that year

• Thank you (+1) 1

I predicted they would go 12-5 this year... which was a few games less than most...

Probably that is looking like a best case scenario now...

Im still pretty confident they will win the Division.. 

Hope they get things right on the O and can go on a roll like the Bucs last year...

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This team has ZERO heart. They’re soft…just like they’re coach. What did Tyson say? Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face! Nice job coach. 

Yup. They’re the Colts. McD and Frazier have always been soft and shredded come playoff time. I have zero faith in Frazier for a big game. Look at his playoff record.

We’re the Colts before Dungy came and even he couldn’t make them all that physical. Just enough to squeak out a ring against a bad team.

We’re a lot like the 90’s teams that were just too undersized to play with the big boys.

Edited by Governor

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Didn't the Bills lose a late season December game in 1992 at home to the Jets who were like a 17 point underdogs? The Jets only won I think 4 games the whole season. What would the people on this board have said then if it existed? We went on to our 3rd Super Bowl that year

Super Bowl??? This team is going to be swept by the Patriots. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yup. They’re the Colts. McD and Frazier have always been soft and shredded come playoff time. I have zero faith in Frazier for a big game. Look at his playoff record.

We’re the Colts before Dungy came and even he couldn’t make them all that physical. Just enough to squeak out a ring against a bad team.

***cringe*****

Virgil you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I felt the same way today. I was so proud of how many Bills fans took over that stadium today. Being a fan of this team is exhausting. I know, I've done it for 50+ years. All you ask from your team is to play hard and compete.  Today the coaches failed and the OL simply QUIT.   No more play time at practice. Run these guys till they drop.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

The O-line was down to Ford starting.  I don't know what everyone expected, but you can't run an offense with no running backs & no O-line.  Also no #1 TE who helps with both receiving & blocking.  Once S. Brown comes back & Ford is on the bench & Knox returns, you'll see an entirely different offense.

Just remember-Tampa lost 3 games last November, were 7-5 after 12 games & won the Super Bowl.   It's all about getting this team healthy for the playoff push.  

Also, sorry Virgil, but the cost of your ticket doesn't guarantee that the Bills won't have key players injured.  I'm going to NJ next week to see what might be a shell of the Bills team if they don't get Brown & Knox back.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The O-line was down to Ford starting.  I don't know what everyone expected, but you can't run an offense with no running backs & no O-line.  Also no #1 TE who helps with both receiving & blocking.  Once S. Brown comes back & Ford is on the bench & Knox returns, you'll see an entirely different offense.

Just remember-Tampa lost 3 games last November, were 7-5 after 12 games & won the Super Bowl.   It's all about getting this team healthy for the playoff push.  

Also, sorry Virgil, but the cost of your ticket doesn't guarantee that the Bills won't have key players injured.  I'm going to NJ next week to see what might be a shell of the Bills team if they don't get Brown & Knox back.  

They’re both back next week? I wasn’t going to go but now I have to since it will probably be a great game. 

31 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

While I absolutely defend your right to whine and throw a tantrum like a 3 year old child...it still isn't a good look.

I think this team is already better than the 90’s teams with Josh alone.

Still undersized to win a SB tho.

If we faced Dallas this year, we’d lose because they would just toss us around the field like they did previously.

I think one of the reasons this loss is hitting the fanbase (me included) so hard is because Bills fans are so tired looking dumb in the national media.  Frankly this loss has given everyone tons of ammo to just write us off.  As an out of market fan it's hard, people laugh at Buffalo when I tell them it's actually a pretty great place.

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

They’re both back next week? I wasn’t going to go but now I have to since it will probably be a great game. 

I think both Brown and Knox are likely to be back next week.  Both have been at practice, working with trainers on the sideline and are said to be “trending in the right direction”. They will both have missed 2 games, and if they were expected to miss 3 they would have likely been IR’d

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He is just venting- many of us, and probably you as well, have been through the worst with this team. Today ranks fairly high in that category.

It does, but Man

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

He is just venting- many of us, and probably you as well, have been through the worst with this team. Today ranks fairly high in that category.

Lol the Bills are 5-3 and in first place in the division

how is this even close to the worst w this team lmfao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Ehh you are just bitching because u spent $$ to see an embarrassing 🙈 effort 

2 of 3 games and McD went for it instead of the safe play 

take the FG try and get to OT. 

HE BLEW IT 

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

Nobody knows yet.  Either way when I bought my ticket to the game I wasn't guaranteed who would play & who wouldn't.  The Bills fans in Jacksonville today saw a shell of this team that will get better as long as we don't lose any more key players & the missing guys come back at some point before the season goes down the drain.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.