Trubisky playing time against the Jaguars

maryland-bills-fan

playing time, week 9 for Trubisky  

101 members have voted

1. 1. how much playing time would you like to see Trubisky get against the Jags?

• A couple of plays and kneel-downs at the end of the game. Less than 2 minutes
    • He comes in with 7,5 minutes left in the 4th quarter
    • He plays the entire 4th quarter
    • He starts the 2nd half
    • Allen and most starterss play 1 or 2 series and then he comes in
    • Trubisky starts the game
    • Trubisky?? Is he still on the team?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2021 at 04:54 PM

3 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I understand your poll is based on the argument that the Bills are comfortably ahead at some point. So, I am not bashing it. I believe they should win and that they will. But I never like predicting blow outs. It is still the NFL and, remember, they played the Cardinals pretty even and it took a pick six by the Cardinals to pull ahead in that game going into the 4th quarter, before adding an insurance touchdown at the end.

Hopefully, your wishes come true and we see Trubisky! :beer:

just like we were supposed to crush the Dolphins...discussing when the backup QB should play in a an upcoming game is ridiculous

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Bet you said we would easily beat Miami too.

SMH

No I didn't.  I thought Miami was going to be tough this year, and should be tough next year.  The have had a lot of high draft picks and should hae a lot of quality players.  12 in the first 3 rounds the last 2 years and 5 first round picks.

2020    1-5,  1-18,  1-30,  2-30,  2-56,   3-70   overall

2021    1-6,  1-18,              2-4,  2-10     3-18    in round

1 minute ago, nucci said:

just like we were supposed to crush the Dolphins...discussing when the backup QB should play in a an upcoming game is ridiculous

No it isn't.  I gave  good reasons. 

55 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yea this needs to stop. Assuming this team is going to coast every week is ridiculous. 

It doesn't need to stop really.......the opinion of the fans isn't important to the result.    It just makes the fanbase look like they've never been here before.   And, in reality,  a lot of them haven't.     Which isn't their fault, it's mainly Ralph's.    But it does read like those people weren't following the NFL closely when the Bills were irrelevant for most of 20 years,  which makes the fanbase look a bit like fair-weather followers of the NFL.   That's unfortunate because in reality we've been very resilient.    

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Even with a big lead I don't envision seeing Trubisky until after the 7 minute mark in the 4th. 

The Bills need to fine tune the offense. 

Plus Josh is in the running for MVP and you have to let the guy build his case with some stellar stats (according to the one odds site I saw Josh was in the lead).

I don't think Allen nor the coaches care about the league MVP.  Allen has 258,034,000 reasons not to care about that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I think that we can easily beat the Jag's even without Allen playing at all.  I can see several very good reasons to do that.

• There is a chance that Allen might get hurt by a freak play and we can avoid that chance if he is holding a clipboard
  • Allen has been getting hit some and two weeks without contact will give him a chance to get completely healthy and freshen his legs.
  • It will serve as a dress-rehearsal for Trubisky playing in a real game in the case that Allen does miss time in the rest of the season.
  • Trubisky can polish his resume and audition for a starting spot for some other team next year

o   This would increase his value for giving us a FA-loss comp pick. 

o   This would increase his value if we resign him and then trade him for a draft pick or another player

o  This would help the Bills attract new, high-quality, veteran FA's, since the would see an opportunity to showcase themselves, ever if they didn't crack the

Bill's starting lineup .         

How much playing time would you like to see Trubisky get this coming week?    

Other teams are playing the Bills and Chiefs by keeping two safeties deep and denying the deep plays that Allen and Mahomes love.  If we could assure ourselves that the Jags will do the same thing, the Bills could still win easily with Trubisky playing the whole way, making accurate short to medium passes and moving the down field.  The Bills have too much talent for the Jags to stop them.

But without Allen in the game, the fear factor for the defense goes away, and suddenly those short to medium passes won't be open.  The Bills will be challenged and could be frustrated if the Jags can play even ordinary-level defense (I'm not sure they can).  This is the difference that Allen brings.  

I would play Allen and make it clear to him that the crossing routes over the middle, or quick outs, 10 yards down the field, are all he needs to win.  Force the Jags to bring a safety down, and maybe move their LBs back, and then let Allen hand it off to a RB with a decent chance of success. Only when there's a single safety deep should Allen look for the long passes he loves.  Basically this approach makes Allen earn the chances he wants to take.

Allen sometimes plays better on the road.  I think the home crowd in Buffalo juices him up too much.  On the road he's calmer and deadlier.  

Anyway, if the Bills are up by 28 in the second half, sit Allen down and let Trubisky get some work.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I don't think Allen nor the coaches care about the league MVP.  Allen has 258,034,000 reasons not to care about that.

Of course Allen would love the MVP.  Wouldn't publically acknowlege it but shouldn't have to, any reasonable person realizes it.

Now with Rogers missing time, Prescott missed a week, Mahomes and KC have been off - the opportunity is there.  Biggest competition right now seems to be K Murray/L Jackson/T Brady.  JA needs to put up some big numbers on Sunday and take the lead!

I think we shouldn't take the Jaguars or any other team so lightly.

I may get BBQd for this but with one of Josh's best friends Gentry and another QB Fromm both on the Covid list, it's not out of the question that Trubisky may be starting because Josh winds up on said Covid list also.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It doesn't need to stop really.......the opinion of the fans isn't important to the result.    It just makes the fanbase look like they've never been here before.   And, in reality,  a lot of them haven't.     Which isn't their fault, it's mainly Ralph's.    But it does read like those people weren't following the NFL closely when the Bills were irrelevant for most of 20 years,  which makes the fanbase look a bit like fair-weather followers of the NFL.   That's unfortunate because in reality we've been very resilient.    

I agree with this post completely.

Wait.  What just happened?

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

The moment your start counting blowout wins before they happen is the moment you lose.

We almost got caught with this mentality last week. You didn't learn your lesson?

The players and coaches have to guard against this. We( fans) can think blowout wins all we want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I think that we can easily beat the Jag's even without Allen playing at all.  I can see several very good reasons to do that.

• There is a chance that Allen might get hurt by a freak play and we can avoid that chance if he is holding a clipboard
  • Allen has been getting hit some and two weeks without contact will give him a chance to get completely healthy and freshen his legs.
  • It will serve as a dress-rehearsal for Trubisky playing in a real game in the case that Allen does miss time in the rest of the season.
  • Trubisky can polish his resume and audition for a starting spot for some other team next year

o   This would increase his value for giving us a FA-loss comp pick. 

o   This would increase his value if we resign him and then trade him for a draft pick or another player

o  This would help the Bills attract new, high-quality, veteran FA's, since the would see an opportunity to showcase themselves, ever if they didn't crack the Bill's starting lineup .         

How much playing time would you like to see Trubisky get this coming week?    

Bills could start Allen on first play and then have Trubisky play as QB.   In half time they could decide it Allen needed to go in.  Allen often performs better in 2nd half anyways.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

You sound like Apollo Creed, dancing into the stadium dressed up as George Washington, throwing money at the crowd and showboating while Trevor Lawrence stands there asking Meyer "is he talking to me?"

Meyer doesn't answer because he's too busy grinding Adrian, but you get my drift

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dude... this isn't the freakin preseason!!!  If we're up by more than 3 scores 4 or 5 minutes left in the game is the ONLY time you want to see him, and it's not inevitable that we win by more than 3 scores.  This is the NFL... it's possible this game is close for awhile.

Dude,  we have little chance of winning the SB if Allen is hurt playing the second half in a game that is already won.

To date, 75% of the poll takers has Trubisky playing at least half of the 4th quarter.

A third say half the 4th quarter

A third say the whole 4th quarter

A tenth say the whole second half.

• Eyeroll 1

If this game becomes a blowout then definitely pull the starters. Aside from preventing an unnecessary injury to a starter you get the backups some real game experience. Its a win all around. I do think the Bills will win this game rather comfortably.

20 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Dude,  we have little chance of winning the SB if Allen is hurt playing the second half in a game that is already won.

To date, 75% of the poll takers has Trubisky playing at least half of the 4th quarter.

very rarely if ever are you up by enough at halftime to sit your starter...and even if up by 30 at the half, your starting QB won't get pulled at halftime

6 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

So the majority of poll takers agree with me.  Trubisky comes in well into the 4th quarter.

And remember, all of this is assuming we're blowing the Jags out.

I hate threads like this that put the cart before the horse.  Let's just make sure we get a W, please.

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So the majority of poll takers agree with me.  Trubisky comes in well into the 4th quarter.

And remember, all of this is assuming we're blowing the Jags out.

I hate threads like this that put the cart before the horse.  Let's just make sure we get a W, please.

I'll try to post "predict the score" after the game next time.

On 11/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Rigotz said:

The moment your start counting blowout wins before they happen is the moment you lose.

We almost got caught with this mentality last week. You didn't learn your lesson?

Almost is for horseshoes.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Also for interceptions.  Every time Bills play when Cris Collinsworth is on almost every thrown ball not caught by receiver (and many which are) are ALMOST an interception. 

Yes.  Everytime the Bills get less than a 1st down + 5 yards, Collinsworthless starts talking about the Bills are now going to lose because the tide has turned.

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I'll try to post "predict the score" after the game next time.

I don't even participate in "predict the score" threads because I feel the same way about them, to a lesser degree.   But at least "predict the score" threads leave room for the possibility of a loss.

Your thread doesn't even suggest that there's a possibility we lose--which we might... it's the NFL, afterall--and also suggests we'll inevitably blow the Jags out.

Hope it happens.  Probably could happen.  But it might not.

But this is the NFL... give me a W.

If we are up by 3 scores, I'd like the whole 4th quarter or even longer.  This does several things.  First and foremost, protects JA.  Second, I want to see Mitch (or any backup for that matter) throw the ball in "garbage" time.  it does not good to have a backup hand it off.  Give the backup real reps in case they are needed later in the year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.