[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

The thing I hate about this is it seems like people just want to tear someone down for the sake of tearing someone down. Big tree fall hard. Gruden has never had anything said about his views on race or sexual orientation affecting his professionalism. 

Look at someone’s actions on how you judge someone, not on their words. 

I am not a Gruden fan but this just seemed like a career assassination. 

Might have made things sort of awkward with Carl Nassib going forward.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Writing those emails was his actions though

That’s fair enough. But that was said in private amongst friends. Never was intended to be publicized. 

I don’t think there is a single person on this planet who hasn’t said something that wouldn’t get them fired nowadays if revealed. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

The thing I hate about this is it seems like people just want to tear someone down for the sake of tearing someone down. Big tree fall hard. Gruden has never had anything said about his views on race or sexual orientation affecting his professionalism. 

umm…..

this isn’t we found his diaries.

he sent emails with these words.

thus kind of action woukd end the career of anybody in corporate America because if it was found out and they did nothing they are just as guilty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, VaMilBill said:

BS. Get caught putting it in writing that you think your boss’ boss is a f——t, while also being the direct boss of somebody who is openly gay. Then tell HR it didn’t effect your work so they should just ignore it. 

If you could get a video of your HR director laughing at you while they walk you off the property, and post it here, that’d be awesome. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Per espn

Per multiple sources he resigned after additional emails surfaced.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jon-gruden-resigning-as-las-vegas-raiders-head-coach

Ha Ha 
 it was the hair style wasn't it Mark D ?

Once they brought in what's his nuts for GM it just looked like Ticket sales and no meat behind the fluff.

Letting Kahlil Mack go was another red flag.
I feel bad for my Son who has been a long time Raiders fan
Thank gosh he still keeps the Bills in his heart of Hearts  :)

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Yes, and the assassin was Jon Gruden. I hope they get that jerk.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think the biggest question that no one has asked is who in the NFL is releasing the emails out?

I think the biggest question that no one has asked is who in the NFL is releasing the emails out?

Then fleas investigating something else and came across these other emails thrn informed vegas

5 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Welcome to 2021.

I'm glad Gruden is getting his comeuppance, but it's kind of funny that this whole thing is a giant diversion / distraction from the Washington Team Trainer being investigated for a prescription pill ring (which I'm fairly sure is how these emails were discovered.)

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Ten year old Gruden email regarding DeMaurice Smith [Now: resigns after new emails surface]
1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

At some point everyone is just going to be politically correct fake robots. I don’t support the comments made, but I’d rather know who someone is than just see the fake politically correct responses that’s required to be a part of the public eye. 

Yeah his non fake self was he didn't like women referees and gay players. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

"The emails, which span from 2010 until 2018, when the coach signed a 10-year deal with Las Vegas after years as a "Monday Night Football" analyst, include Gruden calling Goodell a "f-----" and "clueless anti-football p----," criticizing Goodell for allegedly pressuring then-Rams coach Jeff Fisher to draft "queers," and messages to Allen that featured photos of topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders."

image.thumb.png.f4740f6bdd1b9fa11bc36efade0b705d.png

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

At some point everyone is just going to be politically correct fake robots. I don’t support the comments made, but I’d rather know who someone is than just see the fake politically correct responses that’s required to be a part of the public eye. 

Right. 

I agree with this. Everybody should be much more open and not worried about being politically correct so that we know who to not engage with. But like, that also means if you run around calling people a f*gg*t, people might not want to engage with you. 

Kind of like what happened here. Had Gruden been more open about being a total shirt head, he might never have gotten back into the league. And that would have been much more preferable and deserving. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

There will be people out there saying this is "cancel culture" but come on, this is pretty ***** behavior and obviously terrible for someone in a leadership position. 

Cancel culture does exist.

That being said, Gruden has no one to blame but himself.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.f4740f6bdd1b9fa11bc36efade0b705d.png

I think the phrase we used to have for this sort of behavior was "p*ssing in the Boss's Wheaties"

You don't need to be very bright to figure out that if you're involved in the business of football, using that sort of language in writing (or from your work email account) about the NFL Commissioner is a "career limiting move"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm interested to see what Gruden gets paid.  If he had a morals or "conduct unbecoming" clause in his contract, Davis may be off the hook.

Doubtful I mean extremely doubtful that there was a clause like that in his contract. that’s an issue that we’ll have to see which way the wind blows

12 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

He wrote the e-mails with words on them.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It’s a lot of hypocrisy.  If this has happened last year, then that’s one thing.  But this happened a decade when Gruden was in a completely different situation and our world was a much different place.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think there are folks out there, some of whom may be viable coaching candidates, that don't hold the views espoused in Gruden's emails, and thus don't have to "hide" or be fake about gender equality, orientation equality, etc.  At least, I would hope.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Cancel culture does exist.

That being said, Gruden has no one to blame but himself.

Right, but I think there's a big difference between ***** cancel culture and very valid complaints over these emails, ESPECIALLY if they were sending pics of topless women and cheerleaders back and forth.  

Edited by BillsEnthusiast
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.