[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

There will be people out there saying this is "cancel culture" but come on, this is pretty ***** behavior and obviously terrible for someone in a leadership position. 

People that talk like that really aren't worth listening to.  They scream cancel culture, but ignore Gruden wanting to 'cancel' female officials, gays in football, protesters...

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Gruden just got canceled 

he canceled himself.

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

"The emails, which span from 2010 until 2018, when the coach signed a 10-year deal with Las Vegas after years as a "Monday Night Football" analyst, include Gruden calling Goodell a "f-----" and "clueless anti-football p----," criticizing Goodell for allegedly pressuring then-Rams coach Jeff Fisher to draft "queers," and messages to Allen that featured photos of topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders."

Not me: Googling for topless Washington Football Team cheerleaders 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

His $100 million was fully guaranteed. It will be interesting to see what he gets paid. 

That’s a good point, I wonder as well how they’re gonna work it out. Maybe Davis will pay Gruden for this year and that’s it. Remember Gruden said if he couldn’t right the ship, then he would give all the money back

6 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

How stupid can people be.....

Like literally anything electronic you post or send/communicate might come out if you are famous enough.

some of this was when he worked for espn.  I wonder what treasure trove their servers have.

The thing I hate about this is it seems like people just want to tear someone down for the sake of tearing someone down. Big tree fall hard. Gruden has never had anything said about his views on race or sexual orientation affecting his professionalism. 

Look at someone’s actions on how you judge someone, not on their words. 

I am not a Gruden fan but this just seemed like a career assassination. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Seriously, I got an email from Uber this morning stating 10/11/21 was "National coming Out Day".

It's Canadian Thanksgiving, Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus day.  I'm sure there are more that aren't considered "National" holidays but those are the ones I know of.

Not googling it because I'm lazy.

Edited by The Wiz

Just now, VaMilBill said:

The thing I hate about this is it seems like people just want to tear someone down for the sake of tearing someone down. Big tree fall hard. Gruden has never had anything said about his views on race or sexual orientation affecting his professionalism. 

Writing those emails was his actions though

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, VaMilBill said:

How dare he bare the repercussions for the things he said and sent out through the internet?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.