118-21

That's how much we've outscored our last three opponents. That's unheard of, I remember this time last year there was a big worry about our point differential, I don't think we have to be concerned with it this year.

Edited by BruceVilanch
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

What's crazy is it should be better

Allen played awful vs Miami and we won by 35

We gave up two fluke TDs vs Was and won by 22

We had to settle for 4 RZ FGs vs Houston and still won by 40

We are demolishing teams and are still nowhere near as good as we can be

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Pitch left said:

Lets see how they do in the next 2 weeks -- all three teams they played had back-up QB's. They've done great but we all need to see what happens in the high stakes games yet

Tua was a starting QB.  I expect a 77-0 win against the Chiefs after rat-boy is knocked out on the second play.  Anything less than this and I will demand half the team to be traded. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pitch left said:

Lets see how they do in the next 2 weeks -- all three teams they played had back-up QB's. They've done great but we all need to see what happens in the high stakes games yet

Ya I agree with this. Go and beat kc and the Bucs. I'm not getting on the hype train just yet. Just gonna enjoy the wins 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Tua was a starting QB.  I expect a 77-0 win against the Chiefs after rat-boy is knocked out on the second play.  Anything less than this and I will demand half the team to be traded. 

You forgot...And the other half, cut.

Edited by without a drought
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pitch left said:

A reminder for everybody with the opinion that we haven’t played “good” teams: 

Jets     27

Titans 24

Every win is earned in the NFL. Every game can result in a loss.

the Bills are a good team getting better.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

That's how much we've outscored our last three opponents. That's unheard of, I remember this time last year there was a big worry about our point differential, I don't think we have to be concerned with it this year.

30, Bruce.  The Eagles of all teams put up 30 on the Chiefs.  

Please, guys, let this be the one next Sunday night.

2 hours ago, Pitch left said:

Yup, nothing wrong with being 3-1 at the quarter pole and extremely optimistic but our opponents are 3-6 in games not against us. 

I'd dial back your comment and say let's see how they do next week against the Chiefs.  I'd love to see a signature win in the regular season and next week is the biggest one they can get this year (@Tampa Brady would be the next best) 

3 hours ago, Process said:

What's crazy is it should be better

Allen played awful vs Miami and we won by 35

We gave up two fluke TDs vs Was and won by 22

We had to settle for 4 RZ FGs vs Houston and still won by 40

We are demolishing teams and are still nowhere near as good as we can be

Agreed.   This team is still not firing on all cylinders..

*. Too many FGs in Red zone...That won't work against the Chiefs (as in AFCC game last year)

*. Allen and WRs are still not on the same page. 

*. OL Pass protection is still average

Honestly, looking around the league - we MAY be the best team right now.

It's October, and of course, it's better to be the best in January & February.  But I can't see another team I'd be afraid of, or that I think the Bills wouldn't be favored over...

I think it was the rusty old days of 2019 when we were worried about winning but having a small point differential. Oh the turntables.

This is the best team in the league. At a minimum if you're a consistent human being, treat them like the teams (Chiefs, Rams) that you worshipped because they destroyed teams like this a year or two ago.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

A reminder for everybody with the opinion that we haven’t played “good” teams: 

Jets     27

Titans 24

Every win is earned in the NFL. Every game can result in a loss.

the Bills are a good team getting better.

Don’t think anyone is saying otherwise.  Incidentally the Titans were without their top 2 WRs in that game.  But I digress.  The point some are making is that when your realistic goal is a championship, then how you play against other top teams matters a lot more than how bad you beat down lower tier teams fielding backup QBs.  

27 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Don’t think anyone is saying otherwise.  Incidentally the Titans were without their top 2 WRs in that game.  But I digress.  The point some are making is that when your realistic goal is a championship, then how you play against other top teams matters a lot more than how bad you beat down lower tier teams fielding backup QBs.  

But, it DOES NOT matter more because in the NFL every win counts the same in the standings. You have to simply do whatever it takes to beat whoever lines up across from you every week. You have no say-so in choosing opponents and you have no idea whether they'll be good or stink that game. Every player in the NFL is a star-caliber athlete. In this ultimate team sport, on any Sunday, if these super-athletes play together as a team, in all phases, they can win a game if the ball bounces their way. Even the J-E-T-S.

Now, maybe you can predict that a certain team is not a legitimate contender because they either have a bunch of prima-donnas that don't play well as a team, or bad coaching staffs that can't get them to play well together. But, if even for a single Sunday they can pull together as a cohesive group, they can beat the champions. I remember the 1968 Bills. They ended up 1-12-1. Their lone win was against the eventual Super Bowl III Champion NY Jets. Otherwise, the Bills were quite clearly the worst team in football. I was at every one of those home games and have the scars to prove it.

I'll just leave it to that.

How this dominance all translates to next week against KC isn't clear to me.  A win would be huge.  What sticks out to me about this version of the Bills is they are beating teams they should beat, excluding the poor showing in week one, rather easily.  This is new to me.  Previous versions of the Bills have always seemed to play down to the level of the opposition. 

That INT on the first offensive play yesterday would have created some loss of confidence and deflated the team in the past.  But not this year.  I think back to just last season's 6 FG game against the Jets where they barely squeaked by.  I don't think this year's team let's that happen anymore.  This team's culture has developed some "killer instinct" and its great to see as a Bills fan.  Not so much other teams. 

Just now, clayboy54 said:

But, it DOES NOT matter more because in the NFL every win counts the same in the standings. You have to simply do whatever it takes to beat whoever lines up across from you every week. You have no say-so in choosing opponents and you have no idea whether they'll be good or stink that game. Every player in the NFL is a star-caliber athlete. In this ultimate team sport, on any Sunday, if these super-athletes play together as a team, in all phases, they can win a game if the ball bounces their way. Even the J-E-T-S.

Now, maybe you can predict that a certain team is not a legitimate contender because they either have a bunch of prima-donnas that don't play well as a team, or bad coaching staffs that can't get them to play well together. But, if even for a single Sunday they can pull together as a cohesive group, they can beat the champions. I remember the 1968 Bills. They ended up 1-12-1. Their lone win was against the eventual Super Bowl III Champion NY Jets. Otherwise, the Bills were quite clearly the worst team in football. I was at every one of those home games and have the scars to prove it.

I'll just leave it to that.

Again.  This is not what people are discussing and no one is arguing against the importance of beating the teams on the schedule. 

• Agree 1

Nothing wrong with 'quality' of opponent.  Miami was everyone's hot take to win the Division the past 2 years, and Washington had a scary defense, magic QB, and favored to win their Division.  Even if they are proved out to be bad, then you can consider there is no cake-walk in the NFL.  

I think its also clear that Tua was set for a long day vs the Bills' defense.  He was getting smoked early on.

Anyways.  The thing that is so impressive about this Bills team right now, is we have the offense, who really has shown signs of being efficient but hasnt hit their potential yet... but the defense looks really, really good as well.  The pass rush gets in and they seem to be stout against the run.  They may have a top 3 unit on both sides of the ball, as well as a top-10 place-kicker.

15 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Nothing wrong with 'quality' of opponent.  Miami was everyone's hot take to win the Division the past 2 years, and Washington had a scary defense, magic QB, and favored to win their Division.  Even if they are proved out to be bad, then you can consider there is no cake-walk in the NFL.  

I think its also clear that Tua was set for a long day vs the Bills' defense.  He was getting smoked early on.

Anyways.  The thing that is so impressive about this Bills team right now, is we have the offense, who really has shown signs of being efficient but hasnt hit their potential yet... but the defense looks really, really good as well.  The pass rush gets in and they seem to be stout against the run.  They may have a top 3 unit on both sides of the ball, as well as a top-10 place-kicker.

Yeah I think the simple version of what you are saying is, the Bills are making average to good teams look terrible.  Houston is terrible, but Washington and Miami have looked much better in their other games