NFL Cuts /Cut Tracker

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There's also the "misunderstanding" about the NFL's Covid testing protocols

I expect that may have been "strike 3"

Got that right.

You think an unvaxxed cam Newton is going to jeopardize the season for the Pats, with his goofy antics, not a shot.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Got that right.

You think and unvaxxed cam Newton is going to jeopardize the seasons for the Pats, with his goofy antics, not a shot.

Well Played, Sir!

But seriously, shows a lack of Reality Check for Cam.

When you're a star, elite, or an unchallenged starter, you get leeway that a borderline starter does not.  Cam once belonged to the first group, now he doesn't.  Fortuna Statu Variabilis or something like that.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

Not really, there wasn't a "good" qb available via FA this offseason. Bill brings back the guy who knows their offense cheaper than using picks to get a good, but not franchise qb via trade. Everyone knew they'd draft one on top of it.

There were plenty of better options, including Jacoby Brissett who played in the NE system.  It's not like New England was up against the cap.    Cam played in 15 games last year and threw 8 touchdowns, he is horrendous.    Bill chose hubris over common sense.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

There were plenty of better options, including Jacoby Brissett who played in the NE system.  It's not like New England was up against the cap.    Cam played in 15 games last year and threw 8 touchdowns, he is horrendous.    Bill chose hubris over common sense.   

Perhaps the Patriots knew something about Cam's shoulder injury and thought he could get it right with another off-season?

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He’s seriously that bad.

They signed Brian Hoyer because he was better at support and knew system. 

When he was signed I thought everyone could figure this out.

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm pretty sure the NFL said this was against policy, let's hope the Pats get fined for this one too. 

Because a NFL talking head said this?   Billicheat will never admit that AND he signed Brian Hoyer so Cam has no case.

Maybe he can be backup in Baltimore where he will be a better thrower.

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

They signed Brian Hoyer because he was better at support and knew system. 

When he was signed I thought everyone could figure this out.

Because a NFL talking head said this?   Billicheat will never admit that AND he signed Brian Hoyer so Cam has no case.

Maybe he can be backup in Baltimore where he will be a better thrower.

Ha! Cam is done I can't see any team bringing him in unless some mid season injury happens and they need to replace someone. 

1 hour ago, boco357 said:

Don’t usually agree much with Belichick, but he gets 👍🏽👍🏽 for this move!!

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ha! Cam is done I can't see any team bringing him in unless some mid season injury happens and they need to replace someone. 

Enter the Dallas Cowboys 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps the Patriots knew something about Cam's shoulder injury and thought he could get it right with another off-season?

Possibly.  I think a lot of people believed the COVID lie with Cam.   There was this narrative that he was really good prior to going on the COVID List in week 4.  The reality is he had two sub par games, and looked good against a terrible Seattle defense.    He had 6 sub 200 yard passing games, and 4 sub 100 yard passing games, essentially Tyrod Taylor but with a hell of a lot more turn overs. 

The problem with Cam at this point of his career is he isnt good enough to be a starter, and he is too much of a name and distraction to have as your backup.  

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Possibly.  I think a lot of people believed the COVID lie with Cam.   There was this narrative that he was really good prior to going on the COVID List in week 4.  The reality is he had two sub par games, and looked good against a terrible Seattle defense.    He had 6 sub 200 yard passing games, and 4 sub 100 yard passing games, essentially Tyrod Taylor but with a hell of a lot more turn overs. 

The problem with Cam at this point of his career is he isnt good enough to be a starter, and he is too much of a name and distraction to have as your backup.  

And he's a knucklehead.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

He has to be cut to be put on the exemption PS list.

Right now he is injured - not sure the Bills can just cut him as injured and then exempt him.  It is interesting.  Might end up just regular IR or waived with injury settlement and his time here is done.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I knew it! I was thinking that he played another position and thought I was losing my mind. 

Yes sir.  Was projected as a 1st round pick going into his senior season.   Didnt have much position flex or speed, and didnt play very well as a 3-4 DE, so his stock plummeted a bit.     His brother also plays in the NFL and His Mother is the Mayor of Provo Utah.   For what its worth she isnt a great pass rusher either.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Johnny Hekker restructures his contract .. so while he had a monster camp it appears Bojorquez will be looking elsewhere for his next gig. I would be shocked if he were not on an opening day roster.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2021/8/31/22647278/rams-johnny-hekker-final-roster-corey-bojorquez-mcvay

Bojo traded to GB per WGR

• Like (+1) 1