NFL Cuts /Cut Tracker

11 hours ago, Happy Days Lois & Clark said:

Wow. Josh Rosen isn’t even good enough to be a backup. Glad Brandon Beane made the right decision on his QB.

I really dislike so much about the guy, and yet I can't help but feel sorry for him

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Addison’s contract makes him untradeable (and they like his leadership).  I’m guessing they move Obada if they can get a good return.  Bam Johnson is a key STer as well as on a cheap rookie deal, plus he continues to improve as a DE.  I think they keep him.

I won’t disagree, but there are teams that are bad with cap space that for the right deal would trade for Addison if you want.  It could end up being just something stupid like a switch of 7th round picks with Houston to give them a better version of Lawson.

I do think they like his leadership - this is another Wyatt Teller moment - where a developing player like Johnson or Obada might have to get moved and if that development continues - we come out looking worse for it and people get mad - when that player never gets the same opportunity here because of talent.

Wyatt Teller developed when he hit an offense suited to his strengths and Johnson or Obada could do the same if going to a young team.

29 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Agreed, but he working on that helmet collection of teams 'played' for. He is up to 4 now.

And he does have a fairly strong personality, though no one can compete with Fitzmagic/ Fitztragic

No one indeed!!!!  That and he has A LOT of helmet/jerseys to go.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Happy Days Lois & Clark said:

Wow. Josh Rosen isn’t even good enough to be a backup. Glad Brandon Beane made the right decision on his QB.

He made the right decision no doubt. Apparently Rosen had a good half yesterday playing with the scrubs. In the minds of some he has already secured his position as Ryan’s backup. Maybe he can play in that offence, he’s sort of like a (much) Iesser version of Ryan as QB types go. I was looking forward to checking this game out but it wasn’t on offer in my part of the world. 

54 minutes ago, eball said:

Addison’s contract makes him untradeable (and they like his leadership).  I’m guessing they move Obada if they can get a good return.  Bam Johnson is a key STer as well as on a cheap rookie deal, plus he continues to improve as a DE.  I think they keep him.

I dunno about "untradeable"

Addison's SALARY, for the trading partner, is just over $4M which has him as like the #39 or 40th DE in annual salary. 

Leadership, we have Jerry Hughes in the room, does Addison "add"?

Now for the Bills, they may feel they pay about the same to trade or to keep, but then there's the "aging vet vs. young players for the future" aspect.

We have Johnson on a cheap contract for one extra year which if other things are equal, puts him ahead of Obada

But, we really need to "affect the QB" over everything else, so....

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I agree 110% better than previous years.  This season the Bills will be cutting players who will well and truly start for another team.  However, OL is a concern as is the CB's.....injury bug strikes and things are going to look mighty scary.

I think an improved d-line rush helps the CB’s.  Feel good about who we have back there.  Legit starter opposite Tre?  Maybe not, but darn good ballers.

OL should be fine.  Saw improved run blocking this preseason for sure.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about "untradeable"

Addison's SALARY, for the trading partner, is just over $4M which has him as like the #39 or 40th DE in annual salary. 

Leadership, we have Jerry Hughes in the room, does Addison "add"?

Now for the Bills, they may feel they pay about the same to trade or to keep, but then there's the "aging vet vs. young players for the future" aspect.

We have Johnson on a cheap contract for one extra year which if other things are equal, puts him ahead of Obada

But, we really need to "affect the QB" over everything else, so....

I’d think you need a DC or DLine coach who has been around him and wants some locker room mentoring. At the same time I bet the bills want the same for him with the two new rooks

32 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Looks like Texans are gutting the team with rumors that all vets are available for trade. Any interest in Cooks or David Johnson? 

Cooks was their #1 wr for the last 6 games of the season after Fuller was suspended. They must hate their QB’s. Tyrod in his worst situation to date.

38 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Looks like Texans are gutting the team with rumors that all vets are available for trade. Any interest in Cooks or David Johnson? 

Cooks would be ok not a material upgrade from what we have, Johnson, too old too worn down.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive