NFL Cuts /Cut Tracker

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And that's why they've sucked for so long.

The owner, HC, and GM suck at their respective jobs, 

20 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Keep your fingers crossed but don’t hold your breathe.  Cap is super tight and I’m sure they are still looking to upgrade the TE position.  If they can trade Addison we might be able to swing a trade for a serviceable CB.

Anyone know if Josh Norman still available? I thought he played well last year.

1 hour ago, Happy Days Lois & Clark said:

Wow. Josh Rosen isn’t even good enough to be a backup. Glad Brandon Beane made the right decision on his QB.

It’s a surprise that he hasn’t been able to stick with any team in 3 seasons. Arizona quickly saw the error of their ways, but three (4?) other teams have seen him in-house since and none have found him to be redeemable. We all know who Wrong Josh is now.

8 hours ago, Kwai San said:

The Duke.....gone but not forgotten.  Who the hell knows....he might even be back......thats crazy talk tho....imho

In some positions yes definitely .... however in some others??????  Not so much a glut as a drought.

I wouldn’t count any of our positions as a drought, starters or backups.  We have true NFL starters at each position, unlike some of our teams in the past.  Only position I feel is subpar is TE, but not concerned about the position.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I wouldn’t count any of our positions as a drought, starters or backups.  We have true NFL starters at each position, unlike some of our teams in the past.  Only position I feel is subpar is TE, but not concerned about the position.

I agree 110% better than previous years.  This season the Bills will be cutting players who will well and truly start for another team.  However, OL is a concern as is the CB's.....injury bug strikes and things are going to look mighty scary.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

That's a smart trade, IMO. With the hits they've taken this offseason (especially Carl Lawson's injury), that seems like a good fit, and good value, at a clear need. Shaq's worth a sixth round pick, IMO.

Don't forget, they can save on jerseys.  He can wear all of Carl Lawson's hand me downs.  They're probably even the right size.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I agree 110% better than previous years.  This season the Bills will be cutting players who will well and truly start for another team.  However, OL is a concern as is the CB's.....injury bug strikes and things are going to look mighty scary.

Which players do you think we will cut that will start for another team? 

I agree we will cut NFL rosterable players but I dont see us cutting someone that could start.  They would remain on as a backup for us.

8 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Based on Bills history, can we expect any cuts today already?

That’s hard to say IMO. I think Beane is going to try to swing some trades so I expect him to go to the wire. But we will see. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i suspect they have Norman on speed dial. He may even be a post-week 1 signing when salary is not guaranteed. 

Yeah, Sherman is kind of waiting it out too.  I'm not super high on sherman, but in a cover 2/4 zone defense he's probably solid.  I don't think he pushes buffalo across the finish line in a game against someone like KC though - adding him (or norman, or any older vet who's available) would be more about getting to that game.

18 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Do you guys know ofany 300 plus pounds defensive tackles that are on the trading block for the Bill's to look at?

Jurrell Casey is FA and about 6'1 305. He was 5 time Pro Bowl DT. He will turn 32 this year. He suffered a torn bicep last year and has not been in camp that I know of.

He would be a best emergency option IMO, but not sure at this point what he offers over the existing DT on the roster.

12 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Anyone know if Josh Norman still available? I thought he played well last year.

Dre Kirkpatrick is also available. He will turn 32 this year, his production declined a bit last year, but a name to keep an eye on for a CB needy team.

14 hours ago, Kwai San said:

No where near as good....or smart.......or cool.

Agreed, but he working on that helmet collection of teams 'played' for. He is up to 4 now.

And he does have a fairly strong personality, though no one can compete with Fitzmagic/ Fitztragic

Edited by ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin

21 hours ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

It was interesting that Beane said (during the game) that he had received a lot of calls interested in our Defensive Ends.  Wonder who is going on the block to be traded...

Addison’s contract makes him untradeable (and they like his leadership).  I’m guessing they move Obada if they can get a good return.  Bam Johnson is a key STer as well as on a cheap rookie deal, plus he continues to improve as a DE.  I think they keep him.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s hard to say IMO. I think Beane is going to try to swing some trades so I expect him to go to the wire. But we will see. 

I totally agree - there might be a few cuts that trickle in, but if they are working on some trades - it might keep a few more guys on the roster until the last minute - just to maintain flexibility.