Gameday Thread Preseason #2 Bills @ Bears 8/21 2nd Half Thread

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

1. Remind me what happened to Cleveland.

2. How much do you think it will cost to rebuild the entire upper deck, because that has to happen. 

3. It's still not about being outdated, it's about coming to the end of functional life of a concrete and steel structure in a winter environment with road salt usage.

Cleveland moved because of Art Modell. Not because their stadium was getting old. And Soldier Field and Lambeau field are looked at as historical landmarks. That's why they're still standing. They're older than our stadium is. Our stadium is looked at just another stadium. Lambeau Field and Soldier Field will stand another 100 years because of that

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's the Bears announcers, no?

Bears announcers have been very balanced this game. Sure they’re hyping Fields now. But that  is their future. 

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Can never have too many WRs - we were severely hampered last year in playoffs when diggs, Beasley and Davis were hurt 

TEs are optimal for blocking though. Imagine if we only have two TEs and one goes down, this severely hampers our red zone packages. We can’t run the option anymore, QB sweep, dive plays etc.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I always say let the incumbent fail first. In this case Dalton was already named the starter. Let him fail so that there's no controversy when you start the rookie. Then there's no 2nd guessing from the rest of the FO/ownership and (least importantly) fans.

It won't take long. Dalton is finished. He is a downgrade from Foles and Mitch. Not sure how anyone who saw him play in Dallas thought there was still something there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

TEs are optimal for blocking though. Imagine if we only have two TEs and one goes down, this severely hampers our red zone packages. We can’t run the option anymore, QB sweep, dive plays etc.

We still have Gilliam who can do it and they can run extra linemen out there. Interestingly Hollister is still in with the 3rd teamers. Which tells me after Knox, Hollister and Sweeney (who is hurt) the Bills don't think they have anything at tight end. 

If Sweeney is on IR I think 7 WRs is very plausible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1