Gameday Thread Preseason #2 Bills @ Bears 8/21 2nd Half Thread

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Fields HAS to start. He is raw but you can't sit him and trot Andy Dalton onto a field and pretend you want to win for a coach and GM on the hotseat.

The halftime show lady made a good argument for starting Dalton the first game. They face Aaron Donald and Co. Dalton will be the sacrificial lamb...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McKenzie with ST major blunder…Stevenson with the big ST play.

Gonna be interesting to see if this tempts the Bills to keep 7 at WR, something I just didn’t think we could do just because of needing that extra roster spot elsewhere.  But Stevenson now making that at least seem like a possibility again

Maybe we won't need a punter?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Compare our stadium to now to how outdated Cleveland Municipal Stadium was when it was in its final years and it doesn't even compare. Ours is nowhere that bad

1. Remind me what happened to Cleveland.

2. How much do you think it will cost to rebuild the entire upper deck, because that has to happen. 

3. It's still not about being outdated, it's about coming to the end of functional life of a concrete and steel structure in a winter environment with road salt usage.

• Agree 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

The halftime show lady made a good argument for starting Dalton the first game. They face Aaron Donald and Co. Dalton will be the sacrificial lamb...

The Nathan Peterman role... if they do that I guarantee Fields will be in 2nd half. 

Andy Dalton isn't even Andy Dalton anymore. He is trash.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Announcers on NFL network make it sound like Bears are up 41-6.🤡

They're Bears announcers and their rookie QB was marching them down after they'd watched Dalton taking a beating all first half.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Well, I think the Bills may add someone after roster cuts, but I could be wrong though.

Can never have too many WRs - we were severely hampered last year in playoffs when diggs, Beasley and Davis were hurt 

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

The Nathan Peterman role... if they do that I guarantee Fields will be in 2nd half. 

Andy Dalton isn't even Andy Dalton anymore. He is trash.

I always say let the incumbent fail first. In this case Dalton was already named the starter. Let him fail so that there's no controversy when you start the rookie. Then there's no 2nd guessing from the rest of the FO/ownership and (least importantly) fans.