Gameday Thread Preseason #2 Bills @ Bears 8/21 2nd Half Thread

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The pitch out to singletary where he scored, they faked the full back hand off. Now they keep running the same play but actually give it to the full back 

Yup! I think you could see a bootleg or a pass out of this same play eventually.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, he's not living up to his potential yet. Not a surprise. But any hopes of making the active roster are dashed at this point, I think.

Yea, I think Kumerow has WR6 locked up and we’re going to ride with McKenzie’s roller coaster at PR. 

Stock up/Stick Down notes first half:

STOCK UP:

Trubisky showing he can be a starter in this league and we have the best backup QB and best overall QB room in the NFL.

Kumerow locking in his roster spot 

Hollister stock way up and making the TE1 battle look a lot closer than perceived prior to this game.

Rousseau stock soaring proving to be ready for a major part of the rotation this year.  

AJE showing he is ready to start (something I projected in my roster mocks).

Singletary again showing he’s the best RB on this roster right now and will open as the week 1 starter.  

Gilliam I think locked down his roster spot, one I felt was already safe, but I think now it seals his spot for those who speculated he be cut to make room elsewhere 

STOCK DOWN:

Knox with a drop again, TE1 becoming more interesting position battle

Brieda another game showing nothing, starting to question his roster spot in my roster projections.  I think he may be becoming a guy who might be near the bubble going into final preseason game

McKenzie (as a returner) with the muff…doubt it changes much for him, but definitely a big no no.  Made nice offensive plays to make up for it though 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Not a fan of running first, and second down, then throwing on 3rd likes it's a pre written script but ever there was a time it would be up 20 something in the second half.  Would like to see if we can line up and run the ball not just call a draw play once in a while.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Yea, I think Kumerow has WR6 locked up and we’re going to ride with McKenzie’s roller coaster at PR. 

Worst case, they just stick Hyde back there again.... I don't see the point of using a spot on Taiwan. Doesn't Breida have return experience?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Thing is McKenzie is also our 5th best receiver. Forget the return job for a second he belongs on this team just as a pass catcher. Kumerow had a mixed night but still feel he is ahead of the other guys fighting for WR6.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Worst case, they just stick Hyde back there again.... I don't see the point of using a spot on Taiwan. Doesn't Breida have return experience?

Taiwan is one of the best gunners in the league he has value on this team IMO