A little disagreement among Rams fans

Greg S

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am amused by the fact that some Bills fans are thinking that we're above this... clearly not, because when the Jets come to town this is normally what happens.

Happened a lot at Giants Stadium and now at MetLife. Bills and Jets fans don't know how to play nice together.

2 hours ago, Process said:

Well yeah if you are sitting in family zones or clubs you are not going to see fights. 

When I was a kid I would see a fight every single time I went to a bills game. 

It's been much better in recent years but still no shortage of idiots around. 

My seasons were in 332(ish) section in the lower end of upper deck. Never saw a fight. Growing up in the 70’s - 90’s only saw a few fights but most two of the three were while tailgating. 

Only sit in clubs now and have never seen a thing other than a good time. 😃 

30 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I’m also not worried about it the entire time. I’m sure there are people that are searching this stuff out and take note of every instance. 

Im focusing on the game and the positive vibes, which I find in abundance. I feel like a lot of people like moon are hyper focused on the negative aspects, and in a sea of 80k you’ll find it. It’s like the old saying, if you look for a fight you’re bound to find one. 

It’s way overblown, I go to multiple games a year with no issues, seems to be the same for many others.

Maybe some folks need to start focusing on different things. I feel like people that go in with a bad attitude and their sights set on negativity will find it. I go for good times and find it every time. 

no doubt.  i certainly won't say it doesn't happen, but unless you regularly buy single seats in the rockpile, i can't imagine it should be an issue...even then.  i usually find people are in good spirits, and as someone who hates the meathead antics, there's never been anything that would stop me from going.  

some are just going to focus on the nonsense as you mentioned.  it's the same group who will claim they had beer blatantly poured on them when they were a child.  it's grossly misrepresented.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am amused by the fact that some Bills fans are thinking that we're above this... clearly not, because when the Jets come to town this is normally what happens.

of the handful of fights i've seen at bills games, i think every single one when when we were playing the jets.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I would pay cash money to watch a fight among the Chet and Muffy crowd at a Super Bowl

LOL.  Can you imagine getting kicked out of the Super Bowl?

(actually, I guess the streaker this year did, huh)

Edited by RiotAct

3 hours ago, teef said:

no doubt.  i certainly won't say it doesn't happen, but unless you regularly buy single seats in the rockpile, i can't imagine it should be an issue...even then.  i usually find people are in good spirits, and as someone who hates the meathead antics, there's never been anything that would stop me from going.  

some are just going to focus on the nonsense as you mentioned.  it's the same group who will claim they had beer blatantly poured on them when they were a child.  it's grossly misrepresented.

of the handful of fights i've seen at bills games, i think every single one when when we were playing the jets.  

Oh yeah, the ol’ beer poured on the head story. It’s a tale as old as time. 

The closest thing I’ve had to a traumatizing event at the stadium back in the day was going to the bathroom and trying to use the trough as a kid. Instant pee shyness for 20 years. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Oh yeah, the ol’ beer poured on the head story. It’s a tale as old as time. 

The closest thing I’ve had to a traumatizing event back in the day was going to the bathroom and trying to use the trough as a kid. Instant pee shyness for 20 years. 

for some reason, i think it really would have brought me pleasure to pour beer on a young bobby hooks.  i would have done it while whispering, "it's ok. it's ok.  this is just how it has to be."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DJB said:

While they are all clearly inebriated idiots, that bigger dude got some good shots in on those 5 guys before basically being outnumbered. 

The preseason is probably the ONLY chance those fans can actually see a live Rams game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, teef said:

for some reason, i think it really would have brought me pleasure to pour beer on a young bobby hooks.  i would have done it while whispering, "it's ok. it's ok.  this is just how it has to be."

That’s horrifying, and not gonna lie oddly soothing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The video was like a bunch of giant balloons bouncing off of each other in the wind. The only reason that muffin in the black wife beater didn’t do any damage was because he ran out of gas after two haymakers. The rest of the punches looked like a cat pawing at a ball of yarn.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

It didn't occur to me that those were Rams fans fighting Chargers fans but that's what it was.  The security response was....lacking.

that’s because there isn’t really any such thing as LA Rams or LA Chargers fans.

do people in LA just randomly get to pick one of these teams to support? 

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

yeah esp compared to table-crashing which is so PhD dissertation worthy

Table crashing is dumb, no doubt, but at least it doesn't infringe on someone else's right to enjoy the game. It's not cool to have a fight break out nearby.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, teef said:

oh i completely understand the sentiment.  i am among the group that thinks it's slightly overblown.  i've been to countless games over the last 25 years, and have seen the fights, but it's limited.  i think that's in part because the bills security has gotten far better.  if fights even seem to be starting, they break it up pretty quickly.  i've also  mentioned on here a number of times that if someone can swing it, it's well worth spend more money on the tickets.  the more you spend, the less likely you are to sit near mouth breathers.  hell...i don't want to even be near the jackass that thinks its fun to slap his hands on the seats the entire game.  i appreciate the noise, but the older i get, the less i want to hear that.

i can't even imagine to going to a music festival at this point.  i'll go to smaller shows or the local jazz fest, but i'm not sitting in lawn seating.  i have some staff that loves country, and i hear stories of how people are drinking like it's their last day on earth.  completely out of control, often underage.  forget it.  

what’s wrong with slapping the seats and making noise.  if you don’t like the 12th man aspect that’s cool but I’d just stay home. 

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what’s wrong with slapping the seats and making noise.  if you don’t like the 12th man aspect that’s cool but I’d just stay home. 

yeah.  this is the meathead mentality of some people that make bills fans annoying.  you don't like it...stay home!

if it's allowed and people want to go do it...go nuts.  it's just not me as a 43 year old guy.  i want to hang out, have a few beer and watch the game.  i don't need to bang on the seats like a child, but if others want to that's fine.  i just buy seats in an area where people don't feel the need to do it, and my experience is much better.  you stay the ***** home.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

yeah.  this is the meathead mentality of some people that make bills fans annoying.  you don't like it...stay home!

if it's allowed and people want to go do it...go nuts.  it's just not me as a 43 year old guy.  i want to hang out, have a few beer and watch the game.  i don't need to bang on the seats like a child, but if others want to that's fine.  i just buy seats in an area where people don't feel the need to do it, and my experience is much better.  you stay the ***** home.

wow, over the top reaction there.  First, I’m far from a meathead. Second, I never said stay home, I said I wouldn’t pay to go to a game just to hang out and not be totally into it.    It’s actually the people who go to a game and continue to yell “sit down” and basically act like they are at the opera who are annoying (no, I’m not saying that’s you and I highly doubt it is). 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

yeah if you listen closely it started off as a debate over micro-economics versus Keynesian theory application in pre-20th century agrarian cultures...economists..SMH..sigh

It really went downhill when someone else said "how you like them apples?"

• Haha (+1) 3

I tend to notice the fights more in the cheap seats in Buffalo.  Sat in the rockpile 4 times and there was a fight every game.  Sat down in my grandfathers seasons in the 100s and there was nothing.  Everyone was nice even the people that bought tickets to see the other team.

I think the one offers just looking for a weekend to go see their team end up taking it a little too far in the parking lot pregame and end up getting nuts because that one time they got into a fight they won.

My favorite was actually between two bills fans.  One fan was really drunk and talking trash to a dolphins fan (rightfully so).  But he was doing it non-stop and getting annoying to everyone around.  Finally, someone said something to the guy and he refused to see what he was doing wrong and ended up taking a swing at the guy( he was 3 rows below him so you know how that ended).

Long story, short.  Hold your alcohol and don't be a d!ick.

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

wow, over the top reaction there.  First, I’m far from a meathead. Second, I never said stay home, I said I wouldn’t pay to go to a game just to hang out and not be totally into it.    It’s actually the people who go to a game and continue to yell “sit down” and basically act like they are at the opera who are annoying (no, I’m not saying that’s you and I highly doubt it is). 

Hey, don't you come at @teef like that or we're going to have to have to reenact the video...:death:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

yeah if you listen closely it started off as a debate over micro-economics versus Keynesian theory application in pre-20th century agrarian cultures...economists..SMH..sigh

Are you suggesting that Keynesian theory is overly limited in scope?? That it is somehow ill-suited for application in pre-industrial societies due to the primitive composition of central banking systems in that time period??

If that is indeed what you are suggesting, then perhaps this would best be settled over a spirited match of fisticuffs. What say you, good sir? Might you be so willing to engage this pugnacious Polish-American pugilist in a Sunday afternoon autumn scuffle at Highmark Stadium? I shall prepare in earnest for our confrontation with a pair of 3-pound econometrics textbooks for dumbbells. Following the conclusion of our bout of sparring, your old name of “First Round Bust” will be forgotten and your new name henceforth will be “Twelve Rounds Concussed.” PPPPPFFFFFF!!!!! That was me blowing raspberries in your general direction.

8 hours ago, Paulus said:

Not all heroes wear capes...

There’s a theory in the fashion industry that vertical stripes are flattering because they create an optical illusion of slimming.

This would be my counterexample.

• Haha (+1) 5

18 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

All this because of a disagreement over whether Bojorquez or Hekker will win the punter/holder job.  One guy said Bojo can't control his kicks & is a terrible holder and the guy in the Donald shirt went nuts.  

They better improve security by Super Bowl Sunday.  

Looks like they defunded security.  

• Haha (+1) 5

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thanks for sharing but most of the people on this board are WAY out of the age demographic where anyone associated with the NFL cares if those people are buying end zone seats or non-season ticket area upper deck seats.

Those are for the young and rambunctious or people who don't mind that crowd.  

There are very few altercations like that in season ticket holder sections......which are the majority of the seats...........if only because there are ramifications for the ST holder.    And of course, the premium seating basically none.   

Oh ok. 

• Haha (+1) 2