Star plans on playing

42 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I heard he is down to 160 lbs now.

Swimsuit 🩱 model is what I heard...

44 minutes ago, Logic said:

In before @BADOLBILZ and @ScottLaw roll in to tell us what a bad signing he was for the zillionth time.

This is so spot on, 😂

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The elite defense is back baby! 

You're the most negative fan I've seen on here so I know you're joking, but the D was pretty close to elite (or at least dominant) in 2018 and 2019. But keep doing you.

46 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

They put him on the Epenesa strength and conditioning plan

1 hour ago, chknwing334 said:

I hear he's up to 900 lbs and will occupy so much space it will be impossible for any team to run against the Bills.  We're also signing Bill Brasky so that each week there will be 0 to negative rushing yards against us. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Star is freaking unmovable, so this is great news! Yes, he doesn't get flashy stats, but he occupies 2 blockers so everyone else can work. 

I still want Slayton or Bohanna in the draft as an eventual Star replacement, but I'm very happy to hear that he's coming back. Star is extremely strong and a big body in there. 

Hopefully he's putting in the work in the dining room to get ready for the season. Being all trim is nice on an opt out year, but now it's time to crush some pizza and wings 

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I hear he's up to 900 lbs and will occupy so much space it will be impossible for any team to run against the Bills.  We're also signing Bill Brasky so that each week there will be 0 to negative rushing yards against us. 

a 900 lb DT... Don't tease me!

Incidentally, when we had Sam Adams and Ted Washington lined up next to each other at DT, it was close to 800 pounds of DT. Imagine that weight tackling you if you run up the middle.... 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m sure it’s out there somewhere, I just heard it discussed on radio. There’s nothing in the CBA beyond 2020. 

Yeah, but one of the insiders (Shefter or Rappoport) said last fall it was being discussed how it would work.  Maybe it’s off the table now.  🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is no opt out this year, and he’s too young to retire isn’t he? I assumed he was returning. 

There were some small rumblings about a possible retirement according to some of the Locked On Bills/Cover 1 guys. It would have cost us an extra $4-5 million if he had retired so this is great news.

His return should make everyone in our front seven better. Huge news for Ed Oliver and Tremaine Edmunds in particular. 

3 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Why would anyone think a 300 lb Samoan guy would lose weight not playing football?  He's probably overweight if anything.

I mean look at eric wood right now or joe thomas. Both are on record saying eating to keep your weight up is a job and they didnt neccesarily enjoy it. Ask any bodybuilder how hard it is to put down the amount of food they do.  Its surprising at face value, lookin at a fat guy, but its a struggle for some of these guys!  Especially if your low activity vs. taking on double teams. Losing access to eating at the cafeteria at OBD everyday, thats one helluva luxury to these guys 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.ef9082e59d8874d3f67a492cf83e97e3.png

That's his slightly less football-centric little brother Lowell..........he got drafted in the 6th round a couple years ago and when he found out he wasn't going to get a $10M bonus.........he said f that noise and borrowed some of that "Buffalo money" to start a men's lingerie business.

“Scouts have serious concerns about Lotulelei’s love of football and overall work ethic,” Zierlein wrote. “He was slow and sloppy this season and his quickness suffered badly because of it. Teams looking to draft him will have to be leaning on his 2015 or 2016 tape because he was a reject in 2017. If he doesn’t commit himself to the work it takes to be a pro, he will have a hard time sticking around.”

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe he's waiting on another new variant in order to opt out again...

I think they get $350K every time they opt out............you know, for living expenses.........so Bobby Bonilla might be paid in full before Star gets his last free meal check.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I mean look at eric wood right now or joe thomas. Both are on record saying eating to keep your weight up is a job and they didnt neccesarily enjoy it. Ask any bodybuilder how hard it is to put down the amount of food they do.  Its surprising at face value, lookin at a fat guy, but its a struggle for some of these guys!  Especially if your low activity vs. taking on double teams. Losing access to eating at the cafeteria at OBD everyday, thats one helluva luxury to these guys 🤷‍♂️

That’s a pretty common problem/issue for players. Being a 300 pound dancing bear is not natural. It takes work for most of them to keep the weight up and maintain the strength necessary to successfully play in the NFL.  I’ve seen guys after their NFL careers and it’s often shocking to see what “normal” and healthy looks like for them. Being an NFL ready body rarely comes naturally. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s a pretty common problem/issue for players. Being a 300 pound dancing bear is not natural. It takes work for most of them to keep the weight up and maintain the strength necessary to successfully play in the NFL.  I’ve seen guys after their NFL careers and it’s often shocking to see what “normal” and healthy looks like for them. Being an NFL ready body rarely comes naturally. 

The good stories they end up looking great! Wood is lean but still has muscles popping out of his shirt. Always looks super happy, same thing with joe thomas.  See the same thing with the guys winning Mr Olympias, trimming back down to happy, great looking "normal people." Trying to lose weight sucks, but id rather do it ANY DAY over force feeding yourself past full 😆.  But for every Wood story theres probably 2 Fridge Perry ones

21 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Wow. Star actually has some courage. Good for him, esp after bailing on his team last year. 

He has to show up and at least try to play.  If he retires for personal reasons (not football injury) then he forfeits his remaining salary, including guaranteed money.  TO BE CLEAR I’m not saying that he’s not going to show up in shape and do his best.  I’m just saying that this is what someone would say even if they were going to phone it in and pick up their money.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He has to show up and at least try to play.  If he retires for personal reasons (not football injury) then he forfeits his remaining salary, including guaranteed money.  TO BE CLEAR I’m not saying that he’s not going to show up in shape and do his best.  I’m just saying that this is what someone would say even if they were going to phone it in and pick up their money.

I joke a lot about Star........I do think he's bad.......but his $ was guaranteed.     He didn't opt out because he and Gaines were the only players that cared about their families.........he opted out because he had a guaranteed paycheck dangling in the wind in July.   If the season were cancelled he would have lost that guaranteed money........the same as all of his other teammates that didn't have guaranteed base salaries would have.   And the writing was on the wall......the Bills weren't bringing him back in 2021.    He had contract leverage.......his teammates did not.......he used it.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Wow. Star actually has some courage. Good for him, esp after bailing on his team last year. 

It is good for him, and again, he has a heart condition that makes him higher risk for big problems if he gets COVID.

Nobody should be criticized for this, particularly people with kids or old people at home (Star) or underlying conditions (Star).

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I joke a lot about Star........I do think he's bad.......but his $ was guaranteed.     He didn't opt out because he and Gaines were the only players that cared about their families.........he opted out because he had a guaranteed paycheck dangling in the wind in July.   If the season were cancelled he would have lost that guaranteed money........the same as all of his other teammates that didn't have guaranteed base salaries would have.   And the writing was on the wall......the Bills weren't bringing him back in 2021.    He had contract leverage.......his teammates did not.......he used it.  

What a gigantic load of crap.

Are you his best friend? His father? You don't know ***** about why he opted out. You're just making unpleasant and frankly stupid and completely unwarranted assumptions.

More, your argument doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Plenty of Bills had guaranteed salaries in 2020, including Tre White, Mario Addison, Dion Dawkins, Jordan Poyer, Vernon Butler and probably more, those are just the first five I checked and my point is made. 

Plenty of his teammates had guarantees in 2020. None we are aware of had an underlying heart condition except Star.

More, opting out didn't change his situation one bit. Before he opted out he was looking at a fully guaranteed year followed by two more years. In the fourth contract year, cutting him would save only $1.25M after dead money is subtracted. And in the fifth contract year, cutting him would save about  $3.7M. He could easily have been here for all five years of his contract.

Now, after opting out, he faces exactly the same situation but he's a year older and his NFL future is thus a year shorter.

So, you're both wrong on the details and completely uninformed by any first-hand knowledge.

As for "the writing being on the wall" that they weren't bringing him back in 2021, that's only in your own fevered little mind. That will depend on performance as it does with pretty much everyone. Saving $1.25M isn't something the Bills would feel even slightly compelled to do. It will depend on performance.

You should be ashamed of yourself, assuming your worst assumptions are fact with absolutely zero evidence.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Your right that's a lot of BS. He was only gaurenteed 350k. He likely qualified as high risk due to a past heart condition. Non high risk players only got 150k.

I'm not sure what I think about his opting out. As a worker, along with a lot of others, who went out in the world and had to earn a living during the pandemic, I'm not totally empathetic. 

It is what it is and I dont know Star. I just would love him to show up in shape and ready to go.

The silence, apart from this 2nd hand tweet is not good though. Can Bills count on him?

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

What a gigantic load of crap.

Are you his best friend? His father? You don't know ***** about why he opted out. You're just making unpleasant and frankly stupid and completely unwarranted assumptions.

More, your argument doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. Plenty of Bills had guaranteed salaries in 2020, including Tre White, Mario Addison, Dion Dawkins, Jordan Poyer, Vernon Butler and probably more, those are just the first five I checked and my point is made. 

Plenty of his teammates had guarantees in 2020. None we are aware of had an underlying heart condition except Star.

More, opting out didn't change his situation one bit. Before he opted out he was looking at a fully guaranteed year followed by two more years. In the fourth contract year, cutting him would save only $1.25M after dead money is subtracted. And in the fifth contract year, cutting him would save about  $3.7M. He could easily have been here for all five years of his contract.

Now, after opting out, he faces exactly the same situation but he's a year older and his NFL future is thus a year shorter.

So, you're both wrong on the details and completely uninformed by any first-hand knowledge.

As for "the writing being on the wall" that they weren't bringing him back in 2021, that's only in your own fevered little mind. That will depend on performance as it does with pretty much everyone. Saving $1.25M isn't something the Bills would feel even slightly compelled to do. It will depend on performance.

You should be ashamed of yourself, assuming your worst assumptions are fact with absolutely zero evidence.

It wasn't in the best interest of any of those recently inked players you mentioned to put off getting paid until 2021.......whether the season was cancelled or not......they had multiple years of earnings ahead of them.

Lotuelei's Bills career was going to be over after the 2020 season.

Again.......if he opted in and the season was cancelled.......he would lose what is VERY LIKELY his last big paycheck.......otherwise guaranteed money he had negotiated......a decision had to be made.

Right after Star opted out, Jon Feliciano literally tweeted this explanation to the fans........who do you suppose he was talking about? 

Tre White did consider sitting it out.........but try to comprehend that if he opted out and the season took place.......his contract would run a season longer but for the same overall amount of money.     In short he would have simply lost a year of earnings potential in his career.........and possibly missed a shot at one more big long term contract.   

You should be ashamed of yourself for not being able to do the math.  

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Your right that's a lot of BS. He was only gaurenteed 350k. He likely qualified as high risk due to a past heart condition. Non high risk players only got 150k.

I'm not sure what I think about his opting out. As a worker, along with a lot of others, who went out in the world and had to earn a living during the pandemic, I'm not totally empathetic. 

It is what it is and I dont know Star. I just would love him to show up in shape and ready to go.

The silence, apart from this 2nd hand tweet is not good though. Can Bills count on him?

You are wrong.......his salary was guaranteed........but if he opted in and the season was cancelled that agreement was null and void.  

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You are wrong.......his salary was guaranteed........but if he opted in and the season was cancelled that agreement was null and void.  

Please cite me your insider info that Star was paid out or that his contract was null if the season was cancelled. 

He may have got gaurenteed money when he restructured, this is not his 2020 salary. 

Here is a base article describing the process.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfls-opt-out-policy-how-it-works-who-not-playing-2020

Can you post Felciano's tweet? Again please back up your claims with some form of evidence.

Here is the tweet FYI, found after a 1 min effort on Google.

The Tweet was musguided too, and based on early assumptions and misinformation on the opt out terms. Guarenteed money was shifted to the next season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-how-key-players-opting-out-affects-salary-cap-for-2020-and-beyond-plus-more-opt-out-details/amp/

Edited by RichRiderBills

15 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Neither of those guys are Samoan.  They're one of the fattest groups on the planet.  Over 70% of their population over 15 is obese.  

Edited by soflabillsfan1
  • Shocked 1

In 2020 Star was top 10 at his position. We use him as someone who eats up space. Can't run at him. People forget how bad our run d was before his arrival, only to be reminded last year.

Welcome back 🌟

53 minutes ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

Neither of those guys are Samoan.  They're one of the fattest groups on the planet.  Over 70% of their population over 15 is obese.  

I call BS on this. Proof?

42 minutes ago, Dopey said:

In 2020 Star was top 10 at his position. We use him as someone who eats up space. Can't run at him. People forget how bad our run d was before his arrival, only to be reminded last year.

Welcome back 🌟

I call BS on this. Proof?

He didn't even play in 2020.  You can look up the obesity problem in the pacific on your own.  It's well documented.

6 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Please cite me your insider info that Star was paid out or that his contract was null if the season was cancelled. 

He may have got gaurenteed money when he restructured, this is not his 2020 salary. 

Here is a base article describing the process.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfls-opt-out-policy-how-it-works-who-not-playing-2020

Can you post Felciano's tweet? Again please back up your claims with some form of evidence.

Here is the tweet FYI, found after a 1 min effort on Google.

The Tweet was musguided too, and based on early assumptions and misinformation on the opt out terms. Guarenteed money was shifted to the next season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-how-key-players-opting-out-affects-salary-cap-for-2020-and-beyond-plus-more-opt-out-details/amp/

Yeah as I said........if they opted out then the guaranteed money was promised to be shifted to the following season...........if they opted in they would have inevitably gotten no better treatment than the players in league's that could not play their entire seasons....MLB, NBA and NHL.   

Those players got their pay pro-rated for the portion of the seasons their league played.........had they played none of the schedule and the league had no revenue then that season of their contract would have been considered accrued......not merely pushed forward.    Those MLB, NBA and NHL players can't make that money back from the shortened season.

Star actually had an extra reason financially..........the $350K he was alotted as a "pre-existing underlying condition" player was just extra money that didn't deduct from his guaranteed salary.   The guys who opted out without one of those excuses got $150K but it comes back out of their 2021 paycheck.

I am open to the idea that he was irked about being leveraged into a pay cut by Beane.......and given the chance to take the season off and possibly never have to play another down of a game he is tired of and STILL get the last $5M the team owed him(plus a free $350K).........he just took it.

But that's not what I am saying.    What the Bills think is another matter.

As for his underlying condition........who knows........about 7% of the general public over age 20 have CAD......just one heart condition of many....... so you can bet that quite a lot of players have underlying conditions.........and there were 15 larger categories that players could fall into and qualify for pre-existing underlying conditions.   A reasonable guess is that 1/4 of the league or more could have opted out with underlying conditions.   Yet only 60 players did.

Edited by BADOLBILZ