Daboll Question

Protocal69

Where is the ONE place where you would NOT want Daboll to go if he leaves for a HEAD COACHING position.

For me it would be the Chargers. Daboll and Justin Herbert seem like it be a GREAT combo. Plus Chargers defense is not that far away from being great as well.

29 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Where is the ONE place where you would NOT want Daboll to go if he leaves for a HEAD COACHING position.

For me it would be the Chargers. Daboll and Justin Herbert seem like it be a GREAT combo. Plus Chargers defense is not that far away from being great as well.

I'm not entirely sold on the fact that Anthony Lynn is gone. Should he be? Probably..... 

The Chargers have had injury issues for YEARS. If that defensive was completely healthy, they would be a top 3-5 defense in the NFL.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Imagine if he took like an "Assistant HC" position under Belichick? That would be a nightmare.

I'm pretty sure that be considered a lateral move and if he's under contract with Bills he can be denied the chance to interview. See last offseason when the Giants tried to interview him for their OC job. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I doubt he goes for a lateral move like that.

OC to Assistant HC? And a little more pay? 

The idea only came to me because he's worked with Belichick and probably views him as a good mentor/advocate. Probably not likely, but imagine....

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Jets seem like the one that would be too close for someone that knows you that well. 

I would have said the Jets when it looked like Trevor Lawrence was headed there. Dabol knows this team too well, so I don't want him in the division. But now I think he will be going to Jacksonville, with Lawrence, and I will be glad to have them both (in the NFC - whoops, mixed up with NFC Panthers) out off the division!

Of course I won't be crying any tears for Doug Marrone either, in that situation.

Edited by jabu
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Personally I do not believe he is going anywhere.....so no worries for me.

Go BILLS!!

This is my take as well, the only way he leaves is if the Bills win it all, jmo...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jabu said:

I would have said the Jets when it looked like Trevor Lawrence was headed there. Dabol knows this team too well, so I don't want him in the division. But now I think he will be going to Jacksonville, with Lawrence, and I will be glad to have them both in the NFC.

Of course I won't be crying any tears for Doug Marrone either, in that situation.

I'd rather Daboll be in the NFC.  With Jacksonville being in the AFC I'm not too worried because that team is more than Daboll and Lawrence away from contending, IMO.  

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Personally I do not believe he is going anywhere.....so no worries for me.

Go BILLS!!

Well the two advantages over a normal situation is this is his home town and our owner isn't Ralph so I can see Terry approving head coach money for Daboll.  It sure seems like he enjoys sitting up in the booth and having the power to drive this killer offensive machine from his headset.   Also I wonder what Leslie Frasier would say about the advantages of coordinator over head coach, he's done both, he might say he's happier now than ever.

• Like (+1) 1

A few comments:

• Jacksonville is not in the NFC.
  • I love Daboll, but not every great coordinator makes a great head coach.  I don't know enough about Daboll to predict how he'll do as a HC.  He'll get his shot if he wants it.
  • The Bills should be fine of Daboll moves on.  Allen is at the point where he can make just about anything work - run, pass, man, zone, etc.  One thing that might be missed is some of the timely playcalls from Daboll this year, such as the WR screen to Brown (I forget which game that was, but it was the perfect call at the perfect time) and some of the razzle-dazzle plays, most of which have worked to perfection.
Edited by msw2112

I wish Brian Daboll all the best. He is one of us to the extreme. 

I think a team drafting a QB would be most interested in him. It looks like Burrows and Herbert are going to make it to franchise QB without Brian Daboll. If I were him, I'd be looking for another Buffalo. Owners interested in winning Super Bowl, willing to spend to cap, letting the GM do his job. The Jets job would be perfect if the jets found the right GM. I think the jets have a lot of picks coming up and have a high one as well. That's what you want Daboll for... 

I think the Bills could lose two other ranking employees to free agency. Joe Schoen, Brian Gaines And Maybe Leslie Frazier.....

Schoen And Gaines would walk away with our draft board which ducks!

We have Frazier's replacement in Eric Washington if need be....

Let me ask you all a better question. Who will be the next Buffalo Bills OC?  I imagine it will be from one of the teams that fired their HC?  Or maybe an assistant from another team? Anybody have any good guesses? McD was talking up Chad Hall last week but I doubt he is ready. Daboll Josh st understands play calling so we'll...... On the other hand, Brandon Beane got us three WRs that run their own offense and understand how to win the game on their own (it is just up to Allen to understand and play by the WRs Rules. A very simple path of least resistance plus extreme athleticism is our winning ticket. I think it is a bit hard on the QB, not certain which way the WRs are going .....I think that's why Allen tosses a ball or two to nowhere every game. This is so simple yet impossible to shut down really. 

Just gotta say when John Brown plays again, the Bills will be one of the better teams of the century and I think that eventual Bills-chefs game will be the game of the century. Both teams have: outstanding QBs, skill players, OLs, Defenses, And Special Teams.  No other team in the league can play with either of us right now imho.... Our teams have it all..... I like the Bills in the rematch though. I think with John Brown, KC's defense, as good as it is, wont be able to stop us as Allen finds the one in single coverage and hits him. Davis and McKenzie perfect don't take your eyes off these guys players but every team does because of the pressure of Diggs, Smoke and Beasley. 

On the other hand, I think the Bills D can force a turnover and force some punts. Tre White being a solid blue chip player and Edmunds being everywhere now that our DL is playing so well.... Congrats to Vernon Butler and Ed Oliver who really found their games together and watch in the playoffs for McD to cut Ed Oliver and the whole DL loose to make plays in the playoffs. Jerry Hughes is STILL our best DL though and he'll prove it once again this January.

Im just so excited to see these Buffalo Bills play anybody but especially the chefs who clearly are the second best team in the NFL don't let anybody tell you different.

22 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I wish Brian Daboll all the best. He is one of us to the extreme. 

I think a team drafting a QB would be most interested in him. It looks like Burrows and Herbert are going to make it to franchise QB without Brian Daboll. If I were him, I'd be looking for another Buffalo. Owners interested in winning Super Bowl, willing to spend to cap, letting the GM do his job. The Jets job would be perfect if the jets found the right GM. I think the jets have a lot of picks coming up and have a high one as well. That's what you want Daboll for... 

I think the Bills could lose two other ranking employees to free agency. Joe Schoen, Brian Gaines And Maybe Leslie Frazier.....

Schoen And Gaines would walk away with our draft board which ducks!

We have Frazier's replacement in Eric Washington if need be....

Let me ask you all a better question. Who will be the next Buffalo Bills OC?  I imagine it will be from one of the teams that fired their HC?  Or maybe an assistant from another team? Anybody have any good guesses? McD was talking up Chad Hall last week but I doubt he is ready. Daboll Josh st understands play calling so we'll...... On the other hand, Brandon Beane got us three WRs that run their own offense and understand how to win the game on their own (it is just up to Allen to understand and play by the WRs Rules. A very simple path of least resistance plus extreme athleticism is our winning ticket. I think it is a bit hard on the QB, not certain which way the WRs are going .....I think that's why Allen tosses a ball or two to nowhere every game. This is so simple yet impossible to shut down really. 

It’s likely Dorsey’s job to lose. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if say Nagy or Pederson landed here in some capacity if they get fired. McD has known each since his Philly days. Outside possibility would be Mike Kafka if Eric Bieniemy doesn’t get a head coaching gig. McD can literally hire the pick of the litter with how this offense has performed, so the only person I’d put money on is Dorsey..... Why fix what isn’t broken?

5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Chargers is high on the list. They have a very good group of players and skill position guys.

Hunter Henry would give him a dynamic TE to pair with Keenan Allen and swiss army knife Austin Ekeler.

Would not want to see him end up in Houston with Watson either...they don't have as much in the cupboard there but I think they could restock it fairly quickly through FA. No 1st and 2nd round picks this year hurts tho, especially since they might be top 5 picks.

Edited by matter2003

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Well the two advantages over a normal situation is this is his home town and our owner isn't Ralph so I can see Terry approving head coach money for Daboll.  It sure seems like he enjoys sitting up in the booth and having the power to drive this killer offensive machine from his headset.   Also I wonder what Leslie Frasier would say about the advantages of coordinator over head coach, he's done both, he might say he's happier now than ever.

I don't buy the "home town boy" angle.  Look at his history in coaching---every time he was offered a chance to move up, he took it.  He's a striver.  He'll take an offered HC job this off-season.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1