Week 17 maybe see Fromm???

ILBillsfan

First of all not a big fan of resting starters but it will definitely be an option should the two seed be wrapped up and f so then then maybe the Bills put Barkley as inactive and have Fromm active for the last game of the year. Get a chance to get some live in game action and a chance to see where he is at.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Suggest they turn to Barkley first to give him some action as he is much more likely yo be called on in the playoffs 

I'd be scared if the Bills had to rely on Barkley with the sample size I have seen ......

16 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

t'd be pretty weird to see an offensive scheme where none of the players were allowed to come within six feet of the quarterback.

they could keep Barkley in the inactive and away from the QB like they presently do with Fromm this would not be an issue

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I'd be scared if the Bills had to rely on Barkley with the sample size I have seen ......

they could keep Barkley in the inactive and away from the QB like they presently do with Fromm this would not be an issue

fromm will stay the quarantined emergency QB.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Have you seen Barkley hand the ball off? Singletary would have never had that TD if it wasn't for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

They would never start Fromm as if he had a positive COVID test, post game, we just lost our emergency QB in the playoffs.  McD is much smarter than making that decision.

No you don't if you have Barkley designated in that role

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

Why would you not swap them and make Barkley the quarantined emergency QB for the week of a game that has no meaning?

i’m not saying your idea is bad or anything, I just don’t see them messing with the current situation just to get a cursory look at Fromm.

I wouldn’t be opposed to them trying it though.

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

Barkley needs the reps to be ready in the event he has to come in during a playoff game. How many times did Reich have to come in during the glory years?

Seems easy to grasp.....Fromm would be a terrible option.  In addition to the points above, Fromm has not worked with the receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

And what if Barkley is assymptomatic and is found out Sunday or the day after.  Now you don’t have a backup for what, a quick look at a third string QB.  Why?  To what end, vs. Allen finishes out the season hot and tears it up against the Fish.  Humiliate them so if they do play again in the playoffs, it’s in their head as it’s a sore wound.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Why would you not swap them and make Barkley the quarantined emergency QB for the week of a game that has no meaning?

They chose them for a reason. The reasons are still in place.

More, the players are being tested once every two days. Say Barkley and everyone else on the team tests negative on a Monday. So we switch the two on that Monday. Then Wednesday, Barkley and two other guys test positive. Now Barkley, our safe guy, has COVID, and Fromm has been exposed to a locker room where people were sick but asymptomatic and maybe he now has it too. And we're screwed.

Doesn't make sense. Jerry Hughes might be happy. He'd maybe be the QB and they'd run the wildcat.

And that's beyond the fact that Barkley is better right now and if anyone gets any reps it should be the guy who will be out there in the playoffs.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

First of all not a big fan of resting starters but it will definitely be an option should the two seed be wrapped up and f so then then maybe the Bills put Barkley as inactive and have Fromm active for the last game of the year. Get a chance to get some live in game action and a chance to see where he is at.

How does this even make sense? Has there been an indication that Fromm suddenly leap frogged Barkley on depth chart?   It reminds me of the fascination with Brian Brohm from years back.  A number of posters here wanted the Bills to put him out on the field to show what he’s got even though he was awful in limited action.  Luckily the Bills didn’t follow the fan desire.

Edited by prissythecat
fix typos

If the game matters for seeding I think they try and win it.  If they do not need the game then it is possible.  While its great that the Bills have planned to have a Covid QB, the reality is if he has to play he will be very raw.....a little experience would be a good thing

Edited by mattynh

5 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I am at the point where I don’t want to see Barkley start a meaningless week 17 game either.  I am not sure Fromm gets the call up though.  

For me I keep Fromm segregated and use a PS call up on Davis Webb.  I would rather see what he can do for going forward and use Barkley as a back-up.

I have no issues resting the starters and using it like an extra bye week - especially as KC has a real bye week - I would not mind getting some rest in, but the roster is just so small it makes things hard to rest enough people - as we saw last year with McKittrick (LOL) playing DB against the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Suggest they turn to Barkley first to give him some action as he is much more likely yo be called on in the playoffs 

Thank you.

This is a “Super Bowl opportunity” year.

Josh is going to be laying it all out there in the playoffs and Barkley may have to spell him here and there. 
Fromm is NOT an option.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

No, he is the COViD QB. No contact with the team unless absolutely necessary.

In this hypothetical wouldn't we quarantine Allen and let him have the week preparing for our potential playoff opponents and go with Barkley-Fromm.

In a game with no seeding implications, having Allen active to either be forced into the game because of injury to Barkley/Fromm and/or potentially exposed to COVID seems like a bad idea.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

They would never start Fromm as if he had a positive COVID test, post game, we just lost our emergency QB in the playoffs.  McD is much smarter than making that decision.

Fromm isnt winning a playoff game dude, the poor guy hasnt had a single live rep as a pro, and hasnt even run our starting offense in practice.

I guess he could have a longshot if we were home with crowd noise helping our defense and we win a super low scoring game, but vs a playoff team in a quiet stadium it would be ugly.

I agree with the earlier poster, give Barkley the work to knock the rust off in case he needs to fill in.  This year for Fromm is just a redshirt type classroom season.

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Fromm isnt winning a playoff game dude, the poor guy hasnt had a single live rep as a pro, and hasnt even run our starting offense in practice.

I guess he could have a longshot if we were home with crowd noise helping our defense and we win a super low scoring game, but vs a playoff team in a quiet stadium it would be ugly.

I agree with the earlier poster, give Barkley the work to knock the rust off in case he needs to fill in.  This year for Fromm is just a redshirt type classroom season.

Fromm sounds perfect.

We may want to lose the Week17 game to ensure a Play Off game against Miami.  And eliminate the Ravens (even if they win out) in the process

Fromm is essentially on ice for the season. Ironically, by maintaining an emergency QB all season, the team has also guaranteed that should they need Fromm to play he won't be any good. They basically chose to forego a year of development for Fromm in exchange for guaranteeing they will not have to play an emergency QB due to covid. 

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

That would be inconsistent with the Bills plan of having Fromm be an isolation QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sure Start him IF you have the 2 seed locked up.

Make Allen inactive, and Barkley and Fromm are your QBs for that week

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure Start him IF you have the 2 seed locked up.

Make Allen inactive, and Barkley and Fromm are your QBs for that week

This is the only play that makes sense. Barkley/Fromm active Week 17 -- Josh Allen in a bubble safe from COVID/injury. TBH getting Fromm his first NFL reps, along with letting Barkley shake the rust off would be good just in case disaster strikes in the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

This is the only play that makes sense. Barkley/Fromm active Week 17 -- Josh Allen in a bubble safe from COVID/injury. TBH getting Fromm his first NFL reps, along with letting Barkley shake the rust off would be good just in case disaster strikes in the playoffs.

Yep Put Allen in the COVID Bubble, and go with Fromm and Barkley, is the route I would go.

However I think McD will use week 17 like PS week 3.  Starters get a half, and then start getting pulled, I think they will get Josh Reps to keep him ready for playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

At some point the Bills need to make a decision, who would you rather see play if Allen gets COVID for playoffs?  If it is Barkley, they need to separate him from team 2 weeks from the first playoff game.  I personally think they should.  I think Fromm should be the 2nd string and Barkley goes into quarantine after the NE game.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I think it is a good idea, that assumes a loss  wont screw up our playoff seating.

I would love to see if Fromm has anything.

• Like (+1) 1