Week 15 Around The League

2 minutes ago, billsherd said:

He needs to catch more of those. He lost giants one game by dropping a catchable pass to seal the game 

Hard for me to criticize a player for not making a contested catch when the defender does a good job breaking up the pass. 

1 minute ago, HerdMentality said:

NFL noob. Just wondering anyone's opinion on areas the Bills need bolstering before the playoffs? Trading is now over?? Line help?????

Yes - trade deadline is passed. Honestly, I think they just need to stay healthy and hungry the next couple weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Philo said:

Yes - trade deadline is passed. Honestly, I think they just need to stay healthy and hungry the next couple weeks.

That's what I thought. Just really hating the loss of Cody Ford. Not that he was MVP or anything,, just wished to boost our line strength somehow.

Edited by HerdMentality

13 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

NFL noob. Just wondering anyone's opinion on areas the Bills need bolstering before the playoffs? Trading is now over?? Line help?????

Trade deadline ended back in early November.

A player can be released, clear waivers, and be signed, in theory but in general teams "ride or die" with who they got at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Not bragging or anything (well, maybe a bit) but so far this week I’m 11-3 against the spread.  Took the Giants +3.5 and regretting that, but overall a really nice weekend.

Bragger.  Glad you had a good weekend.  Sounds like a little extra in the stockings for the kiddos this week when Santa comes to town.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Basically eliminates the benefit of putting divisional games at the end of the season. Teams that clinch a playoff spot are just gonna start resting guys anyways. Particularly if they’re strong on the road. 

Cameron Jordan ejection certainly didn’t help

Yeah the 7 team format is really uninteresting. There's no seeding race now so you get meaningless games and everyone takes a bye in week 17.

• Like (+1) 4

If / when the Bills will take the #2 seed from the Steelers they might be in position to decide who they play in the first round of the playoffs.  If we lose to the phins it could be a playoff rematch whereas if we beat them we might be facing the Ravens.  I know what team I would rather play.  

Edited by Weatherman

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So I thought the Saints had a good defense, did the injury bug decimate them or something?

Romo has become an unabashed Mahomes "fan girl".  Mahomes is a great player but if Romo gushed any harder about Mahomes he'd be mistaken for a fountain

Not to the extent of yikes, fan girl, but when Mahomes got sandwiched, and I'm a little ashamed to admit it.  I bare my soul on this board. You guys know I do, 

I was worried about the Chiefs Mahomie

Josh is the only one thats supposed to make me feel this way...

30 minutes ago, Figster said:

Not to the extent of yikes, fan girl, but when Mahomes got sandwiched, and I'm a little ashamed to admit it.  I bare my soul on this board. You guys know I do, 

I was worried about the Chiefs Mahomie

Josh is the only one thats supposed to make me feel this way...

Mahomes is a great QB and a lot of fun to watch.  I think you get a "pass" for worrying about his health.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KCNC said:

So I saw that someone named Lonnie Johnson, Jr plays for the Texans I think.  Is he the son of you know who?

I believe he is the son of Lonnie Johnson, if that’s who you were thinking of.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Weatherman said:

If / when the Bills will take the #2 seed from the Steelers they might be in position to decide who they play in the first round of the playoffs.  If we lose to the phone it could be a playoff rematch whereas if we beat them we might be facing the Ravens.  I know what team I would rather play.  

😳

D66C23FC-8BBF-4D97-869E-3A59A9F4F8F8.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 6

10 hours ago, WideNine said:

I think they are calling that parity these days, but there is some truth to the way the Bills try to consistently approach every opponent.

Any team (maybe not the tanking Jets) can get hot, get a few lucky bounces, or just match up better against your personnel.

I know quoting your own post is bad form, but man my take on the Jets today did not age well 😂