Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/12/15/buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-picks-predictions-nfl-week-15-game/3903346001/

Buffalo Bills vs. Denver Broncos picks, predictions: Who wins NFL Week 15 game?

lots of who are they predictions?

Pro Football Network: Bills 31, Broncos 16

CBS Sports: Bills 27, Broncos 24

This game might look a lot like the Pittsburgh game. I expect a relatively low scoring game with the Bills winning by 9-12 points. Denver has better RB's, but Lock is no match for Allen. They have some outstanding young receivers too, but they are still no match for Diggs, Beasley and Brown. The kicking game may figure in prominently. Be ready, Tyler. 

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

No such thing as  a trap game...it's the next game on the schedule. The Bills will practice and prepare for this game like every other one. 

Teams can have a letdown. Look at NO. They lost to the Eagles. This week they have the Chiefs. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the Eagles lightly and were looking ahead to KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Teams can have a letdown. Look at NO. They lost to the Eagles. This week they have the Chiefs. I wouldn't be surprised if they took the Eagles lightly and were looking ahead to KC.

The Saints didn’t have a letdown, they have Taysom Hill playing QB.  “Trap” games don’t exist.  It has been proven over and over and over again.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

The Saints didn’t have a letdown, they have Taysom Hill playing QB.  “Trap” games don’t exist.  It has been proven over and over and over again.

246 rushing yards or something the saints let up though? I don’t think saints win if brees plays.

But I’m saying that,  I agree with you that it wasn’t a “trap game” loss by the saints. 

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

This game might look a lot like the Pittsburgh game. I expect a relatively low scoring game with the Bills winning by 9-12 points. Denver has better RB's, but Lock is no match for Allen. They have some outstanding young receivers too, but they are still no match for Diggs, Beasley and Brown. The kicking game may figure in prominently. Be ready, Tyler. 

If we come prepared to play, I expect this to be a blowout. 

52 minutes ago, Greg S said:

why is it called a letdown? Just because you lose and don't play well, it's not a letdown. 

17 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If we come prepared to play, I expect this to be a blowout. 

That's what I am thinking too.  Both their running backs are on the injury report this week.  One of their two wide outs is.  Their starting TE, is.  They have a T and a G on there too.  Their secondary is really depleted.  The Bills haven't just played one good game in a row.  They have played seven and the on field product literally looks better each week.  I don't expect no resistance from Denver, but in this game resistance is futile.  They will be assimilated into the Bills Borg this week.

• Haha (+1) 3

This defense is doing the same thing Allen has done throughout the year, they’re getting better every week. While I’m all for watching Allen light it up, I’m itching more to watch this defense wreak havoc. Sure is one hell of a time for our defense to start gaining momentum. 

Not looking past the Broncos but Lock may be in for a rough day

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

This is a good point...Also, I’ve heard like Jim Kelly say that when they used to play weaker teams, sometimes they wouldn’t study as hard...so, I’m sure that happens across the league...

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, eball said:

Oh yea? How does one prove that trap games don't exist? 😂 Might as well say that teams also don't 'rise up' for certain games or opponents.

Edited by Rick 'r Mortis

15 minutes ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

Oh yea? How does one prove that trap games don't exist? 😂 Might as well say that teams also don't 'rise up' for certain games or opponents.

The proof comes from looking at the winning percentages of "good" teams vs. "bad" teams either the week before (trap game) or week after (letdown game) they play another "good" team.  It's easily verifiable.  There's no statistically significant difference.  Sometimes bad teams beat good teams, and there is no statistical proof it's because the good team "overlooked" them.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

The proof comes from looking at the winning percentages of "good" teams vs. "bad" teams either the week before (trap game) or week after (letdown game) they play another "good" team.  It's easily verifiable.  There's no statistically significant difference.  Sometimes bad teams beat good teams, and there is no statistical proof it's because the good team "overlooked" them.

But confirmation bias, when applied selectively, does wonders for confirming otherwise debunked narratives. 

Duh.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I don't know about everyone else, but to me it feels like this team is on a mission. I think that Arizona game really ticked them off with how they lost. I don't see them taking anyone lightly or coasting into a game just expecting to win. I see them coming out every week with the intention of imposing their will on our opponents on both offense and defense. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know the Broncos have been a feisty team. They upset the Dolphins a few weeks back, pushed the Chiefs to their limits a couple weeks ago and of course just beat the Falcons on the road. That said, I feel like we match up well with them on both sides of the ball. Feels like a 30-16 type game. Looks like weather will be a non factor too.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't know about everyone else, but to me it feels like this team is on a mission. I think that Arizona game really ticked them off with how they lost. I don't see them taking anyone lightly or coasting into a game just expecting to win. I see them coming out every week with the intention of imposing their will on our opponents on both offense and defense. 

I agree. They very well could lose any given week(its the NFL), but i highly doubt its from lack of prep and not taking a team seriously. It just feels like a team of cold blooded killers at this point.... I think it might be easy for players to buy into that when you see it in your top dog(Allen) week to week and play to play.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, wjag said:

That's what I am thinking too.  Both their running backs are on the injury report this week.  One of their two wide outs is.  Their starting TE, is.  They have a T and a G on there too.  Their secondary is really depleted.  The Bills haven't just played one good game in a row.  They have played seven and the on field product literally looks better each week.  I don't expect no resistance from Denver, but in this game resistance is futile.  They will be assimilated into the Bills Borg this week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Even the Pats game isn't that much of a trap with as many guys as we have from last year no way they look past a team that swept them at least the last two years. Dolphins game though definitely could be also could be meaningless.

I'd like to see the Dolphins bury Cam and the Patriots offense this week. If that happens we might see Stidham. Also, a chance that with one more loss the Pats might pretty much throw in the towel there last two games. If Josh has a sliver of a chance at the MVP still he's going to need a 4TD, 35-10 blow out victory on MNF on the road against the Patriots. 

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

This ^^^, the fickle finger of fate,  the Arizona game drove home the point with zero mercy, they will not be taking any team lightly. The Bills have intermediate goals, and one over all goal.  They haven’t completed the intermediate goals as of yet. The team/players want to run the table, as you said they are on a mission. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I dunno Yolo. I think 13-3 looks pretty solid since the AFC is so competitive. I think the final game with Miami will still affect who we face in the playoffs, so it won't be sacrificed like the final game last year.

I know it’s possible and I’m just saying I can’t believe it. If you would have told me this was possible in September I might as well have woken up with my head sewn to the floor. I guess I’m just expecting them to drop at least one of these last three. I would be surprised if it is this one not because I don’t respect the team they are playing but because they will be so dialed in and motivated to win it. If they do beat Denver I could see them letting their intensity down just enough to get tripped up before the end of the season. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Denver’s defense is beat up and Lock sucks.  They better not lose this game.  This is a game good teams go in and take care of an inferior team regardless where and when it’s played.  

Denver's got a solid defensive line and LB corp.  As they say, it all starts up front.  Don't discount this bunch!

33 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd like to see the Dolphins bury Cam and the Patriots offense this week. If that happens we might see Stidham. Also, a chance that with one more loss the Pats might pretty much throw in the towel there last two games. If Josh has a sliver of a chance at the MVP still he's going to need a 4TD, 35-10 blow out victory on MNF on the road against the Patriots. 

My hope for the remaining 3 games is to win the division Saturday, end the patriots playoff hopes next Monday, and then ruin the Dolphins playoff hopes the last game of the season.

• Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, H2o said:

Agreed, there is something different about the way this team is playing football recently. Love it!

• Like (+1) 3

Another thing following up on my first point. They played a clip on NFL Live of Levi Wallace saying the guys take notice of Buffalo not getting respect in some instances. I had mentioned this before, but got flamed over it with some people saying "these guys don't pay attention to stuff like that." Well, they do pay attention and it does fuel the fire. Just like JuJu's punk :censored: coming out there and dancing on the Bills symbol. Disrespect in all forms has these guys heated. You heard that little Josh voice clip, "Let them do all the talking and the :censored: dancing, we do all the work." These guys are out to prove a point. All of them are playing with a chip on their shoulder. It's for real "Buffalo vs Everybody".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Another thing following up on my first point. They played a clip on NFL Live of Levi Wallace saying the guys take notice of Buffalo not getting respect in some instances. I had mentioned this before, but got flamed over it with some people saying "these guys don't pay attention to stuff like that." Well, they do pay attention and it does fuel the fire. Just like JuJu's punk :censored: coming out there and dancing on the Bills symbol. Disrespect in all forms has these guys heated. You heard that little Josh voice clip, "Let them do all the talking and the :censored: dancing, we do all the work." These guys are out to prove a point. All of them are playing with a chip on their shoulder. It's for real "Buffalo vs Everybody".

I think McDermott loves to play that card In the locker room as well 

• Like (+1) 4

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know it’s possible and I’m just saying I can’t believe it. If you would have told me this was possible in September I might as well have woken up with my head sewn to the floor. I guess I’m just expecting them to drop at least one of these last three. I would be surprised if it is this one not because I don’t respect the team they are playing but because they will be so dialed in and motivated to win it. If they do beat Denver I could see them letting their intensity down just enough to get tripped up before the end of the season. 

Nice Clark Griswold reference!😉👍

• Thank you (+1) 1