Week 15: Bills at Broncos

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

If we lose to the Broncos. I wouldn't mind beating the Pats to win the AFC East. It'll be kinda like a passing of the torch. Kinda fitting almost. Of course I wouldn't mind a win this Saturday and not have to worry.

I think they win out and go 13-3 anyways, which would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

The Weather in Denver for Saturday afternoon looks great for Josh!  46 degrees, light wind and NO Rain/snow!

Go Josh-Beasley & Diggs!

Similar to Steelers game Broncos have some real issues at corner. I see Bills throwing it a lot and catching it a lot. Broncos O improving so 34-24 Bills. 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i am no math whiz, but something tells me that when we have 5 WR’s on the field against their 3 CB’s, there’s going to be a notable differential. 

Woohoo!!! Not saying it will be, but this could very well be a blow out in our favor!

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I can never relax during a Bills game.  Not since the Rams game.

😂🤣😂🤣 ... even with a 10 point lead and 50 seconds left I was stressed out. And you're right ... it started with the Rams (and the 25 prior years).

13 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Thanks for posting this.  It seemed really genuine and not forced for poyer.  Another notch in how likeable this team is.

Midway when they are giving the kid the presents, the nurse says its a josh allen  bobblehead.  Poyer corrects him and says nah that's the goat.  Some high praise and hope he's right!

10 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Similar to Steelers game Broncos have some real issues at corner. I see Bills throwing it a lot and catching it a lot. Broncos O improving so 34-24 Bills. 

we will most likely throw it a lot every game

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry guys I know this is a Bills/Broncos thread but when I saw Jarvis Landry statement scroll across my TV I had to vent. Here's a guy who helped end a players career with the cheapest of cheap shots complain about Marcus Peters spitting at him during game Monday night. Then had the gall to say "we all know what kind of player he is." Yes, spitting at/on somebody is no bueno, but at least you can suit up and play the following week and while you're at it, take a look in the mirror. Thanks for letting me vent!! Have a great rest of the morning 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

What's the NFL record for different WRs throwing a touchdown in a season?  I know we have a few other guys out there that can chuck it.

Not so fun fact: The Bills are 0-2 when Josh scores a receiving TD. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not so fun fact: The Bills are 0-2 when Josh scores a receiving TD. 

Anyone know what the NFL record for QBs with TD receptions is?  Can't be very high.  Maybe 3?

43 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Sorry guys I know this is a Bills/Broncos thread but when I saw Jarvis Landry statement scroll across my TV I had to vent. Here's a guy who helped end a players career with the cheapest of cheap shots complain about Marcus Peters spitting at him during game Monday night. Then had the gall to say "we all know what kind of player he is." Yes, spitting at/on somebody is no bueno, but at least you can suit up and play the following week and while you're at it, take a look in the mirror. Thanks for letting me vent!! Have a great rest of the morning 

i was trying to explain this to some friends who are Browns’ fans and like Landry. That guy has such a history of dirty play in Miami (including the Williams block) that it really makes him enemy number 1 for a lot of Bills’ fans. 

• Like (+1) 2

Surprised we haven't had a tackle catch a TD this year yet. 

So Singletary would seem the most likely player left to catch a TD and set the record at 13 different players. A record that could stand for a long time considering Allen would be one of the three to catch a TD. Or maybe Kumrow will catch one?

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

Anyone know what the NFL record for QBs with TD receptions is?  Can't be very high.  Maybe 3?

You would have to filter out the guys like Taysum Hill and Kordell Stewart. But yeah, probably 2 at most would be by guess. Of course, I don't think Allen's post season receiving TD actually goes into the record book since regular season and post season are always separated. 

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So Singletary would seem the most likely player left to catch a TD and set the record at 13 different players. A record that could stand for a long time considering Allen would be one of the three to catch a TD. Or maybe Kumrow will catch one?

You would have to filter out the guys like Taysum Hill and Kordell Stewart. But yeah, probably 2 at most would be by guess. Of course, I don't think Allen's post season receiving TD actually goes into the record book since regular season and post season are always separated. 

Imagine Josh coming out in the Wildcat against the Patriots.  They would have to genuinely respect that route unlike most teams who ignore the QB that is wide out.  Put a guy like Beasley in to take the snap and have him on the RPO on a roll out.  Would be fun to see it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I’m still waiting for the “big man” touchdown. Dawkins is due.

Im beginning to believe this week Buffalo blows out Denver.  They are beat up on defense.  Lock is due for a clunker of a game.  The division is in reach and Buffalo is coming into form.  I dont see the moment as too big.  I dont see the young leaders of the team allow them to not be focused on the task at hand.  Tre and Diggs will bring that kind of energy that will also allow the team to play loose.  Buffalo is going to be the hottest team going into the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting interview with Denver TV sports reporter Troy Renck.

About 11:30 in he starts talking about Allen and Denver drafting Chubb over Allen.

Key points:

-He says that Mayfield and Darnold were the only 2 QB in that draft Denver liked.

-Says Denver was scared off of Allen thinking he was another Paxton Lynch, but one difference is that Lynch "didn't care about being good at football" and was one of the last into the facility and first to leave.  Says he doesn't know how Denver coached the Sr Bowl and missed it that Allen loves football and has passion to succeed.

-He thinks Allen would not have succeeded in Denver because of all the coaching turnover but also, and an interesting point:

***Denver keeps thinking they're only one player away. The first step in rebuilding, is admitting that you're rebuilding, and having patience with developing players***

Boy that last gave me a flashback to Whaley saying we're very close, only a player or two away, etc etc.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The other part to this is if they sit some starters against Miami and you have Kumerow, Roberts, Taiwan Jones, or you bring up a Duke Williams - there is a lot of opportunity potentially.

• Like (+1) 2

Joe B

https://theathletic.com/2269830/2020/12/18/bills-broncos-cole-beasley-zack-moss/

The key to the Broncos’ approach is how well they work in unison to uphold their zones while passing off crossing receivers from one defender to the next. Safety Kareem Jackson, a former cornerback, is particularly instinctive and will explode up the field when he senses an opportunity. In the middle of the field, linebackers Alexander Johnson and Josey Jewell are well-trained in their responsibilities and positions. Despite all the injuries to his roster this season, head coach Vic Fangio has found ways to play good defense. Avoiding the traps he sets up will be critical for the Bills’ passing offense to put away the Broncos before they make a game of it. While the Bills don’t have a tight end of Travis Kelce’s caliber on their roster, Cole Beasley is one of the best zone-busting slot receivers in the NFL and Allen relies on him to find the soft spots. It wouldn’t be surprising if Beasley leads the Bills in receptions and yards on Saturday.

(....)

Prediction: Bills 27, Broncos 14

The Broncos played well last week, with quarterback Drew Lock throwing four touchdown passes, but the Panthers’ defense is nowhere near as effective as the Bills’. Expect the Bills to sell out to stop the run, challenge Lock to throw accurately down the field and give the Bills’ secondary the keys to winning the game. Lock will look for his tight ends often, so defending them will be a critical component to the defensive game plan.

On offense, I don’t think it will be as easy for the Bills as some might expect. While the Broncos are dealing with injuries, they play solid team defense and could limit the Bills at the start. Ultimately, I expect Allen, Diggs, Beasley, and the running game to figure things out and the defense to force multiple turnovers against the second-year quarterback. The game might not make the result feel like a double-digit victory, but I think the Bills can pull away in the second half and clinch their first AFC East title in 25 years.

Joe B has been startlingly accurate in his predictions this season.  I think he's 10-2 or something like that.  He picked us against AZ, and he picked against us last week

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Boy that last gave me a flashback to Whaley saying we're very close, only a player or two away, etc etc.

Whaley, man, he's looking worse and worse as time goes on. And he looked back at the time. Three first-round picks for Watkins and Manuel. 

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting interview with Denver TV sports reporter Troy Renck.

About 11:30 in he starts talking about Allen and Denver drafting Chubb over Allen.

Key points:

-He says that Mayfield and Darnold were the only 2 QB in that draft Denver liked.

-Says Denver was scared off of Allen thinking he was another Paxton Lynch, but one difference is that Lynch "didn't care about being good at football" and was one of the last into the facility and first to leave.  Says he doesn't know how Denver coached the Sr Bowl and missed it that Allen loves football and has passion to succeed.

-He thinks Allen would not have succeeded in Denver because of all the coaching turnover but also, and an interesting point:

***Denver keeps thinking they're only one player away. The first step in rebuilding, is admitting that you're rebuilding, and having patience with developing players***

Elway is a middling Gm.  His name brought him Manning.  Besides that he hasnt been better than anything Buffalo did during the drought.  Denver is waiting for a stork to drop off a franchise qb in a basket for them.  I feel like most football people can build a defense.  I think the common denominator in Qb pergutory franchises is the belief in "win now" with a good defense.  Win enough to miss out on qbs, under the belief they are smarter.  They will find one passed over by teams looking harder for qb...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Elway is a middling Gm.  His name brought him Manning.  Besides that he hasnt been better than anything Buffalo did during the drought.  Denver is waiting for a stork to drop off a franchise qb in a basket for them.  I feel like most football people can build a defense.  I think the common denominator in Qb pergutory franchises is the belief in "win now" with a good defense.  Win enough to miss out on qbs, under the belief they are smarter.  They will find one passed over by teams looking harder for qb...

I think after having success with Manning, Elway seized on that as a recipe for success, which is part of the "we're one player away" philosophy.  They aren't necessarily thinking they're getting Mr Franchise, but they're shopping for a guy who's good enough to get 'er done the way they did with Manning.

"We only need a QB - Keenum came damned close to the NFC Championship game the year Foles won, he's good enough he can do it for us!"

"We only need a QB - Flacco is a Superbowl winning QB who got the shaft in Baltimore, Bring Him In, he's good enough he can do it for us!"

Since 2012, they invested a 2nd round pick in Brock Osweiler, 2016 a first in Paxton Lynch, and 2019 a 2nd on Drew Lock.  That's not quite waiting for the stork, but it's not going "all in" to get someone they really like either. 

I think their main issue is that because they basically won a Superbowl with superb defense and the Ghost of Peyton Manning, they're reluctant to go "all in" on the draft-and-develop thing.  Whereas the Bills looked at Tyrod Taylor and said "yes, you were good enough to take us to the playoffs, but we've seen your ceiling and we don't think we can develop you to great" so they moved on and accepted it meant they would take a hit while developing a guy.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Gotta get Jones a TD catch this week. 😁

C'mon man.  Style points don't matter.  Just win.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think after having success with Manning, Elway seized on that as a recipe for success, which is part of the "we're one player away" philosophy.  They aren't necessarily thinking they're getting Mr Franchise, but they're shopping for a guy who's good enough to get 'er done the way they did with Manning.

"We only need a QB - Keenum came damned close to the NFC Championship game the year Foles won, he's good enough he can do it for us!"

"We only need a QB - Flacco is a Superbowl winning QB who got the shaft in Baltimore, Bring Him In, he's good enough he can do it for us!"

Since 2012, they invested a 2nd round pick in Brock Osweiler, 2016 a first in Paxton Lynch, and 2019 a 2nd on Drew Lock.  That's not quite waiting for the stork, but it's not going "all in" to get someone they really like either. 

I think their main issue is that because they basically won a Superbowl with superb defense and the Ghost of Peyton Manning, they're reluctant to go "all in" on the draft-and-develop thing.  Whereas the Bills looked at Tyrod Taylor and said "yes, you were good enough to take us to the playoffs, but we've seen your ceiling and we don't think we can develop you to great" so they moved on and accepted it meant they would take a hit while developing a guy.

C'mon man.  Just win.

No kidding.

Jones will NEVER see the field from scrimmage unless Moss and Singletary pop both their hammies. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not after what he did to us last year😡

More like the Bills did it to themselves last year.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, Coffeesforclosers said:

Not impressed with the Broncos fan takes on beating JA.  "Keep him in the pocket, don't let him extend plays! Make him go down the field every single drive!".  What in gods name are you talking about?  Josh Allen is a good quarterback AND he makes plays on the move. If you let him stand in the pocket, shuffling and scanning for 3+ seconds, expect to get torched.  If you let him roll smoothly to his right with his eyes down field, expect to get torched.  This is true for every good quarterback.  You need to get him off his spot, make him pull the ball down, and get him sprinting so he can't throw, otherwise he'll poke 10-15 yard holes in your coverage all day. 

Some Pony fans get it.  This guy was spot on with some good humor, Have to give a rare thanks to the YT algorithm for this recommendation.

I subbed when he said, and I quote "Pro Football Focus can go **** themselves":flirt::thumbsup:

He is welcome in Bills Mafia anytime.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2