Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

49 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen has crossed the threshold. When he struggles in games, commentators will stop reaching back to his pre-draft analysis and instead give him the benefit of the doubt, just like they do with the other great ones.

The Bills are better than the Packers. I don't think it's really close. Better than the Saints, too.

Agreed.

We’ll see how they do tonight, but Cleveland can make an argument...

My drive in this morning was epic.

First random song on my Spotify playlist was I Can't Stop Loving You (SNF Theme Song).  Cranked that way up.  That was followed by Paint It Black by the Stones.  And then, then Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith.  Gawd I'm in a great mood today.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

My drive in this morning was epic.

First random song on my Spotify playlist was I Can't Stop Loving You (SNF Theme Song).  Cranked that way up.  That was followed by Paint It Black by the Stones.  And then, then Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith.  Gawd I'm in a great mood today.

Me too I woke up late and thought who cares 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I wonder why they couldn't show the video in the locker room victory speech.

My guess is there were some guys not wearing masks, and the last thing the Bills want to do is broadcast that, like what the Saints did.

I thought that was Ebron that crashed Allen's interview. I've been reading some posts saying Ebron wants to play here. No thanks, we already have Knox with his ball security issues and IMO not exactly the best hands. While he may have been interfered with, that deep pass I thought he should have caught. Allen put that ball exactly where it needed to be

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steelers fans and media are not taking this well... 

I did notice that, there were two Steeler players goofin after their loss.  I don't see it as anything really to read in to but I could see how their fan base would not be happy to see a couple of their players seeming like in a good mood after a loss.   

Trent Williams went early on sooo many snaps. I dont know how he only got 1 false start flag. Outside of that and the missed extra point good job boys. Made the needed adjustments and got the offense going. Can't understate how missed John Brown is. When healthy, he lets us compete with the Chiefs imo.

Congrats on your teams victory.  Well deserved/earned.

'

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

I could see how their fan base would not be happy to see a couple of their players seeming like in a good mood after a loss

Certain players more than others.  But I guess we might all be happy if we could suck at our jobs and still cash a fat paycheck. :D

Edited by blackngolddigger
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Groin said:

Gotta say that while I stayed up too late after the game, and my stomach went to hell in the middle of the night, even with a minimal amount of sleep -- I have this feeling of surreal joy this morning, like having a Carpenters' soundtrack playing in my head on perpetual loop.

Insomnia. Stomach. Groin. The &)&$ing Carpenters! 

Your wife’s father was right about you!  

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, The Wiz said:

At this point he's embracing the hate at himself and getting follows because of it.

Mahomes was the worse of the two today. He'll never admit it because he thinks baker is better than Allen so he's just spewing his own bias at this point. 

Exactly right .. it is like PFF.. we are giving these guys money by referencing them and then checking out whatever nonsense they are spreading. He  is a non-entity with an agenda. If Baker turns it around and becomes better than Josh .. he can say he was there first. If not he still has more clicks than he would if he didn't say ridiculous things. Just ignore the guy.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

4 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Exactly right .. it is like PFF.. we are giving these guys money by referencing them and then checking out whatever nonsense they are spreading. He  is a non-entity with an agenda. If Baker turns it around and becomes better than Josh .. he can say he was there first. If not he still has more clicks than he would if he didn't say ridiculous things. Just ignore the guy.

Clicks are like giving money to people you dislike, why people do this is beyond me. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Groin said:

Gotta say that while I stayed up too late after the game, and my stomach went to hell in the middle of the night, even with a minimal amount of sleep -- I have this feeling of surreal joy this morning, like having a Carpenters' soundtrack playing in my head on perpetual loop.

Feel ya.  Was sick all weekend and swore to myself I wouldnt watch the game.  Came to bed, wife had the game on.  Watched the 1st half and said I'd fall asleep at halftime.  I turned it off at the two minute warning.   Still a little under the weather but woke up incredibly happy.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

... as we spend 7 hrs at work reading Bills' content on Victory Monday.  😎

6 hours in and I'm well and truly on my @rse now. Just. Need. Sleep. 

All totally worth it though. The last drive of 7mins 11s was art. 

Edited by BritBill

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Time to extend Daboll and a good raise to keep him here . The WR coach is also doing a good job ,  keep the band together .

I think we need to focus on letting Daboll go out with a ring, and groom Dorsey to take the job over.  Daboll's as good as gone and I don't think money has anything to do with it.  You don't get into that business to turn down a chance to run the whole show.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

431... that’s how many ticks were left on the clock when Levi got the pick. 

7 minutes, 11 seconds.... 

Our 4 minute drill has not been good this year, and we went out and did an 8 minute drill against that defense. Amazing.

One is the most impressive parts of the W for me. 

Its what the 90's teams were great at.  Get up, and let Thurman grind it out.   Loved to see it.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

I think we need to focus on letting Daboll go out with a ring, and groom Dorsey to take the job over.  Daboll's as good as gone and I don't think money has anything to do with it.  You don't get into that business to turn down a chance to run the whole show.

I hear ya.  Josh McDaniels is one of the few who bucks this trend.  Daboll grew up a Bills fan.  Would not completely shock me to see him stick around longer.  Deep down in, he bleeds Buffalo.  Might be uber exciting for him to see this franchise win.

I know Ebron was making a whole lot of playing three times in 13 days.  Well by my calculations @Den will be the third time in 13 days and I believe the second time it has happened to the Bills this season.

7 hours ago, Figster said:

12th man may have been gone from the stands,

but not forgotten... 

I was at the Dallas Monday night game. The loudest game I ever attended. I'd bet if fans were allowed last night they would have shook the stadium into rubble 

Just now, wjag said:

I know Ebron was making a whole lot of playing three times in 13 days.  Well by my calculations @Den will be the third time in 13 days and I believe the second time it has happened to the Bills this season.

Pittsburgh hasnt had a bye this season and unless they win out and kc drops one. They wont have one all year

1 minute ago, wjag said:

it was their 3rd in 12 days... but its still a dumb gripe. its happened a ton in the past. Any team that plays 2 straight sundays and then a thursday plays 3 in 12. its a non issue.

• Like (+1) 1

Curious question that doesn't require it's own thread.

Twice yesterday, one of which was in the Bills game, two penalties one offense, one defense.  5 yard procedure penalty on offense, personal foul on defense.  5 yarder is "declined" and 15 yarder enforced.  What year was this rule change put in?  Surprised when it happened yesterday in the day games.  Knew the result when it happened in Bills game.  To me, "declining" the procedural penalty is dumb.  If anything, it should still count.  Instead of enforcing 15 yards, maybe subtract 5 and enforce 10 yards and a first down.