Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

19 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Love Daboll (went to HS with him) but that had nothing to do with him, everything on Allen.  He saw the corner blitzing of his right side and Knox slid out (didn't stay in and block). Josh made the perfect read - throw where the 2ndary blitz is coming from.

I'm not sure if it was all on Josh as he and Knox may have been told to go to that audible if they overloaded the right side on a corner blitz.  I'd like to think it was all Allen's doing though :) 

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Love this!

I love the “Defend our dirt” mindset McDermott has instilled. 

Reminds me of something I noticed a couple times in the game when it seemed like a fight might break out the Bills seemed to all take a step back and calm themselves. Like "We're not going to shoot ourselves in the foot." and later like "Whatever we'll just keep kicking your ass in the game."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Allen threw the ball better and had better protection

I actually thought he was phenomenal in the second half.   Brilliant.

Was their an option play for Diggs to throw the football after taking the reverse.  He seemed to set up and then found the defender too close...did anyone notice that.

16 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Love this!

I love the “Defend our dirt” mindset McDermott has instilled. 

Can we hire this guy to wear visiting teams clothes before the game? 

tenor.gif?itemid=5379692

Cuz damn the defense was ready and killing tonight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I loved it that they all ignored it during the warm up like "yeah, Whatever.  We'll talk to YOU and your buds during the game"

Winner:

I had the same thought when I saw it. We've seen other teams take that bait plenty of times. I have to think that guy (not even sure who it was?) was feeling pretty silly when he finally ran away with little more than an eye-roll from the Bills.

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

One of the nicest guys at work is a Steelers fan and was going into this expecting a loss. I won’t rub it in, but it’ll be hard not to have a huge grin when I see him.

You’re a good guy.  You know what it’s like on the other side, so just knowing you here, you’ll be nice.  There’s no upside to a friend rubbing it in.  It certainly was nice though.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I had the same thought when I saw it. We've seen other teams take that bait plenty of times. I have to think that guy (not even sure who it was?) was feeling pretty silly when he finally ran away with little more than an eye-roll from the Bills.

It was Juju.  That's why I love the response "that's some "bad Juju".   It was Juju whose route Taron Johnson jumped for the Pick 6

2 hours ago, ocemur said:

Do you feel sexy? Because the Bills are going to be the sexy pick to knock off the Chiefs on all the national programs this week.

I do! Wanna see some pics?

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I didded wait a hundred and twenty two years for this

Isn’t that illegal in like 30 States?

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Now if the Bills can just get a signature win....

Time to watch the doubters move the goal posts again.

It’s sad, really. I understand talking heads have to go against a narrative to garner clicks, but Bills fans? 😢

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Thats how you close out a game, was that a near 6 minute drive to end the game?

Hell no!🤬 It was 7:11

2 hours ago, Perk71 said:

The Bills are good boys and girls!!

Go Bills!!

Screenshot_20201213-203915.png

Our resident heroes! 

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I can't wait to hear Nick Wright and Keyshawn Johnson in the morning.

Brother, you GOTTA get out more!

2 hours ago, Success said:

Just a reminder:  we ALL had this one circled as an "L" a month ago.

We may run the table now.  I don't want to get too far ahead, but we're doing what you want a team to do - peaking in the final stretch.

This team can go far.

Who’s this ‘we ALL’? 😳 You got mice in your shorts?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Big Ben ain't no bad sport like Brady.  I couldn't catch it but he cracked a big genuine smile when he saw Allen jogging towards him. 

Looked like a genuine exchange of good words.

image.thumb.png.a0ebbb40cc25d50b041b2030a63fec0d.png

Dude my nbc sports app stopped right before the post game fun. Was REALLY looking forward to seeing it too.

1 hour ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Dude my nbc sports app stopped right before the post game fun. Was REALLY looking forward to seeing it too.

The defense dancing on the sidelines was special.  The D was all jumping around mocking various of JuJu's TikTok moves.

Let's see if this works, LMK

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIxAMVblvzS/

• Like (+1) 2

OK, having gone through most of the game again on GamePass, a few quick comments:

1) the Steelers D must be known for mauling the receivers and RBs about after the play.  The Bills teach everyone to run to the ball carrier in case of fumble, but this was different.  Almost every play I saw an OLman or two scurrying up at the end.  On one running play with Moss, Feliciano literally slid several yards like a baseball player to get over by Moss's head quickly.

2) Really proud of our D.  They played fiercer and more physical than I could have imagined.  Softened up a bit on that 2nd half Steelers TD drive but hey.

3) Norman had a stupid block in the back penalty that cost us fantastic field position after a great return by Roberts.   That is NOT the way to get noticed

4) It's clear that the difference between a completion and an incompletion is often just that extra little bit of time and space to throw.  Kudos to our OL for adjusting and getting that to Josh in the 2nd half.

5) I couldn't believe how complimentary Collinsworth was about Josh.  Said stuff like "I feel as though I'm watching A Star is Born".  He understood what intense pressure Josh was under and why he wasn't putting on a total laser light show, but still able to move the ball for 2 TDs and a FG in the 2nd half. 

6) wonder how PFF grades that game though, Heh.  (Just kidding, really don't care)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"Hey the recipes simple huh fellas, do your f***ing jobs, let them do all the talking all the f***ing dancing, we do the work."

Josh Allen really has been all business through the whole process so far for McD and Daboll and its starting to show.

Its beginning to look like Buffalo might be the only team in the league wih enough fire power to take on the defending champs,

and beat them...

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, having gone through most of the game again on GamePass, a few quick comments:

1) the Steelers D must be known for mauling the receivers and RBs about after the play.  The Bills teach everyone to run to the ball carrier in case of fumble, but this was different.  Almost every play I saw an OLman or two scurrying up at the end.  On one running play with Moss, Feliciano literally slid several yards like a baseball player to get over by Moss's head quickly.

2) Really proud of our D.  They played fiercer and more physical than I could have imagined.  Softened up a bit on that 2nd half Steelers TD drive but hey.

3) Norman had a stupid block in the back penalty that cost us fantastic field position after a great return by Roberts.   That is NOT the way to get noticed

4) It's clear that the difference between a completion and an incompletion is often just that extra little bit of time and space to throw.  Kudos to our OL for adjusting and getting that to Josh in the 2nd half.

5) I couldn't believe how complimentary Collinsworth was about Josh.  Said stuff like "I feel as though I'm watching A Star is Born".  He understood what intense pressure Josh was under and why he wasn't putting on a total laser light show, but still able to move the ball for 2 TDs and a FG in the 2nd half. 

6) wonder how PFF grades that game though, Heh.  (Just kidding, really don't care)

Number 5 also caught my attention

I think Josh Allen might be getting everyones attention.

My baker's dozen random game thoughts after a sleepless night:

1.  It was the worst of times, it was the best of times.  What a difference between the first half and second half for the offense.

2.  Gabe Davis seemingly makes a big play every week.  Nice TD grab.  Almost got a big one on the sideline when Josh threw it under duress.

3.  Taron Johnson had the play of the game.  Going into halftime with a lead after struggling to move the ball was such an enormous turn of events.

4.  Levi got beat badly on his TD.  He guessed corner and Washington went post.  So it was nice when Levi got that interception.  Took us to see the replay why the Bills coming out of commercial were on the 20 and not the 50.  Announcers never bothered to tell us he must have been ruled down by contact.

5.  Second time this year I remember them imploding a bit on a drive at the goal line.  First and goal and a TFL.  Second and goal a penalty backing them up.  The FG was all that was needed, but punching it in for a TD would have been necessary against a team like KC or GB.

6.  Pittsburgh is a physical team.  I figured we would lose players.  So color me surprised that most of the attrition was on their side of the field last night.  They now know what it feels like to play the Buffalo Bills.  Taron Johnson getting concussed was really unfortunate for that kid.  He was playing real good at the slot CB.

7.  Defense, defense, defense.  Could you imagine what it would have been like to be at that game?  Sitting on your hands and watching the 3 and outs.  Cheering on the defense and then watching 2 drives in the 3rd quarter (what I call the nightmare quarter) all the while stifling the Pittsburgh offense.  

8.  Running the ball that last drive while Roethlisberger could only wait, watch and hope was something rarely scene this year.  Ah no, you ain't getting it back.

9.  The 3rd and 11 completion to Knox.  Whoa Baby..  So, so, so satisfying.

10. Williams neutralizing TJ Watt was my first star of the game.  He quietly turned in his best game of the season tonight.  Hope there was some recognition in the locker room for him afterwards.  

11.  I was so happy to see Diggs get a TD.  He does a lot of the hard work and others get the glory.  That was a motivated guy out there last night.

12.  Bills had 36 total yards at the end of the first quarter.  Shows you how dominate they were in the second half.

13.  I think the NFL saw in the space of 6 days enough  of the Bills to believe they are now in the conversation for a good post season team.  And if that wasn't enough, Buffalo has two more prime time games.  Open the tailgate to the Bills bandwagon.  Lot's of folks will be jumping on now.  With the NO and Pittsburgh losses, the top 4 in the NFL are now:  KC, GB, Buf and NO.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Good stuff.

I think your point number four was the NBC come  out of half bullet point from Mcd, we need to give Josh the room to operate in a sense.

I agree with you on number 2. The past two games we have been challenged by some physical teams. Do you think we are one of the smaller teams built more for speed? But man our guys our fiesty and not backing down from hitting back. 

5) Josh got a lot love last  night. To me I think this game is another important step in his development. Gritty gut check, things didn’t work out at all first half. But second half resolve to find a way to get the ball to his playmakers. And continue to stand tall in the face of all pressure coming at him. He was a Quarterback for the world to see, no longer the kid looking to run when things went south. Great adjustments to help him in the second half. 

I also think we are close to hitting one of those deep shots. Maybe when Smoke comes back. We just need a bit more speed out there. I’m surprised we don’t take a shot with Mackenzie deep once in a while as opposed to Gabe Davis. Now Gabe did get behind his man, but I still think with a bit more speed we hit that. 

Wow, in my 62 years there have been few more meaningful wins.  Great statement by a terrific organization (please use the Cannuckian pronunciation) top to bottom.  Thank you Mr & Mrs Pegs.  Thank you McDermott, Beane, Daboll, Frazier and most of all those ***** players.  This is special, I hope you youngsters are enjoying the ride.

Edited by Beerball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Number 5 also caught my attention

I think Josh Allen might be getting everyones attention.

Allen has crossed the threshold. When he struggles in games, commentators will stop reaching back to his pre-draft analysis and instead give him the benefit of the doubt, just like they do with the other great ones.

38 minutes ago, wjag said:

My baker's dozen random game thoughts after a sleepless night:

1.  It was the worst of times, it was the best of times.  What a difference between the first half and second half for the offense.

2.  Gabe Davis seemingly makes a big play every week.  Nice TD grab.  Almost got a big one on the sideline when Josh threw it under duress.

3.  Taron Johnson had the play of the game.  Going into halftime with a lead after struggling to move the ball was such an enormous turn of events.

4.  Levi got beat badly on his TD.  He guessed corner and Washington went post.  So it was nice when Levi got that interception.  Took us to see the replay why the Bills coming out of commercial were on the 20 and not the 50.  Announcers never bothered to tell us he must have been ruled down by contact.

5.  Second time this year I remember them imploding a bit on a drive at the goal line.  First and goal and a TFL.  Second and goal a penalty backing them up.  The FG was all that was needed, but punching it in for a TD would have been necessary against a team like KC or GB.

6.  Pittsburgh is a physical team.  I figured we would lose players.  So color me surprised that most of the attrition was on their side of the field last night.  They now know what it feels like to play the Buffalo Bills.  Taron Johnson getting concussed was really unfortunate for that kid.  He was playing real good at the slot CB.

7.  Defense, defense, defense.  Could you imagine what it would have been like to be at that game?  Sitting on your hands and watching the 3 and outs.  Cheering on the defense and then watching 2 drives in the 3rd quarter (what I call the nightmare quarter) all the while stifling the Pittsburgh offense.  

8.  Running the ball that last drive while Roethlisberger could only wait, watch and hope was something rarely scene this year.  Ah no, you ain't getting it back.

9.  The 3rd and 11 completion to Knox.  Whoa Baby..  So, so, so satisfying.

10. Williams neutralizing TJ Watt was my first star of the game.  He quietly turned in his best game of the season tonight.  Hope there was some recognition in the locker room for him afterwards.  

11.  I was so happy to see Diggs get a TD.  He does a lot of the hard work and others get the glory.  That was a motivated guy out there last night.

12.  Bills had 36 total yards at the end of the first quarter.  Shows you how dominate they were in the second half.

13.  I think the NFL saw in the space of 6 days enough  of the Bills to believe they are now in the conversation for a good post season team.  And if that wasn't enough, Buffalo has two more prime time games.  Open the tailgate to the Bills bandwagon.  Lot's of folks will be jumping on now.  With the NO and Pittsburgh losses, the top 4 in the NFL are now:  KC, GB, Buf and NO.

The Bills are better than the Packers. I don't think it's really close. Better than the Saints, too.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Not just "sackless" but only 1 solo tackle and 1 assist. Really neutralized. 

Surprised the Steelers didn't move him around more. 

I think early in the game the hope was to beat William 1 on 1 with Watt and force Allen to step up into Hayward’s rush.  It worked a bit early on, but Josh got the ball out.

I think in the 2nd quarter - the end of the game - they shifted and decided to bring pressure from the left side and tried to force Josh to immediately roll out to the right and into Watt.  I think they saw a tendency after the 49ers game and thought - bring him to Watt because he has the athletic ability to handle JA on the outside.

Josh just refused to bite much - he is so much better in the pocket and only moves to extend time and angles.  It is so different and I do not think the Steelers were ready for that.  I think they were playing with what they saw from last year - quick pressure and Allen moves - get him to Watt.  Allen is different now - stays in and trusts the line and makes throws.

I don’t think they moved Watt around for that exact reason.  The Steelers biggest fear was Allen escaping to the right and making plays down the field and Watt was tasked with preventing that as much as possible.  Not every play as you saw some full rushes, but enough that Allen had time later in the game.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Steelers fans and media are not taking this well... 

This is not going to go over well at all - LOL.

The smile on his face was priceless.  People expect their athletes after a loss to be as ticked off and angry as they are and most players are not that way any more.  The game is done - they seek out friends and enjoy the time.  Very different from 20 - 30 years ago.

• Like (+1) 4