Week 14 SNF: Bills Whoop Steelers PostGame Thread

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Look at that list of qb's i put up and act like it hasnt been a huge factor in your teams win/loss totals? seriously man. The steelers have been a good team. they have also had the sorriest slate of teams to play that i can remember. That list of qb's is horrid. They are literally drawing backup qb's almost on a weekly basis. You can pretend thats not a huge factor, but you would be wrong.

Yep, the opponents strengths/weaknesses play a huge factor in every team's wins/losses.

But okay, you win.

This victory by the Bills was nothing to be proud of.

They beat an overrated and inferior team.  ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its what the 90's teams were great at.  Get up, and let Thurman grind it out.   Loved to see it.

Sure they could have thrown it, maybe moved the chains and maybe had some incompletes that stopped the clock...

But running it when the opposing team knows you are running it, running out the clock, breaking their will, and pointing them to the loser's locker room, THAT is a mindset of how you want to close a game where you have the late lead.

A mindset of deciding to close the door on 4 quarters of football with an exclamation point rather than desperately clinging to an unsure victory by your finger tips.

It is what good teams can do when they start having confidence and believe they belong in that conversation with the best in the league. That was a mental turning point last night I hope they can keep building upon.

Enjoy the victory Monday Bills, then back to work with what got you there - humble and hungry.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

Yep, the opponents strengths/weaknesses play a huge factor in every team's wins/losses.

But okay, you win.

Someone's taking the loss a bit hard lol.

Good luck in the playoffs bud....

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This probably got posted earlier but damn they were serious today.

and I just caught the reference about the dancing at the end. I think that really pissed them off.

Love this - love seing the edge from Josh we normally don't see   "Let them do all the talking and all the f'ing dancing, we just f'ing work"  Kind of surprised the Bills put it out there tbh

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CaliBills said:

Someone's taking the loss a bit hard lol.

Good luck in the playoffs bud...

LOL, hardly.  I don't live and die by the results like I did in my younger years.

I just don't discredit a team's victories against teams that they should beat because, you know, any given Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Magox said:

I did notice that, there were two Steeler players goofin after their loss.  I don't see it as anything really to read in to but I could see how their fan base would not be happy to see a couple of their players seeming like in a good mood after a loss.   

The Ebron thing was weird - the wtf look Josh gave him, didn't seem to me like they were friends or anything.  My first impression was that he was just trying to get on camera - very weird choice

27 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

I know it has not neen said that much buy the first td was a pick play that knocked your th out of the way and coach every saw it but no flag

i would love to hear some more about this play. Can they pick like that there? He seemed like more than a yard from the LOS. If within a yard, you can pick, right? 

20 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

But okay, you win.

pretending certain strengths or weaknesses, such as facing a full slate of backup qb's, doesnt play a larger role than other factors is silly. they arent all weighted the same.

i get it though. i live around a ton of "stiller" fans and they've been doing the mental gymnastics after every lackluster game vs a backup qb to convince themselves they were as good as their record. so this convo is nothing i'm not used to.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

pretending certain strengths or weaknesses, such as facing a full slate of backup qb's, doesnt play a larger role than other factors is silly. they arent all weighted the same.

i get it though. i live around a ton of "stiller" fans and they've been doing the mental gymnastics after every lackluster game vs a backup qb to convince themselves they were as good as their record. so this convo is nothing i'm not used to.

The Bills used exactly this scenario to cruise into the playoffs last year...

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The Bills used exactly this scenario to cruise into the playoffs last year...

right and they were one and done. also i'd have to back and look but i doubt our slate of qb's was anything as bad as the luxury schedule PITT has had. They have face a startling amount of backups.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

they've been doing the mental gymnastics after every lackluster game vs a backup qb to convince themselves they were as good as their record.

I feel bad for them.

Personally, I could easily see the Steelers dropping to the 5th or maybe even 6th seed.

Neither my mind nor my body are in any shape to do gymnastics of any sort. :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Its possible he might wait for a specific job to open up that he likes..a lot of times these coordinators will take head coaching gigs for trainwreck organizations and they end up getting fired in 3 years and never get another chance 

Sort of.  Yes, the Jests are a trainwreck, but if you get to draft and groom Trevor Lawrence I think you take that chance.  Becoming relevant in the NFL is all about who you get at QB -- god knows as Bills fans we should all appreciate that.

• Like (+1) 1

I normally like to go to the opposing team's forum after a win and read what the opposition's fans have to say about things.

I could only spend about two minutes on the Steelers forums, though. It was just too sad. 

I have never seen so much pessimism, fatalism, and trash talking about one's own team -- when they are 11-2. ELEVEN AND TWO! They have a better record than the Bills by one game, and yet if you read the two teams' forums, it's night and day. And I don't just buy the "Steelers have a high standard for success" talk. A lot of the comments I saw from Steelers fans were as harsh about their team as the Jets fans are about THEIR team. It's nuts. I had to leave Steelers-land quicker than I thought I would. Too depressing/baffling.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I normally like to go to the opposing team's forum after a win and read what the opposition's fans have to say about things.

I could only spend about two minutes on the Steelers forums, though. It was just too sad. 

I have never seen so much pessimism, fatalism, and trash talking about one's own team -- when they are 11-2. ELEVEN AND TWO! They have a better record than the Bills by one game, and yet if you read the two teams' forums, it's night and day. And I don't just buy the "Steelers have a high standard for success" talk. A lot of the comments I saw from Steelers fans were as harsh about their team as the Jets fans are about THEIR team. It's nuts. I had to leave Steelers-land quicker than I thought I would. Too depressing/baffling.

The difference is their QB is 38, playing like he’s older than that, and they see a future like the pats are experiencing now. 11-2 is good but they look too limited to do much in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The difference is their QB is 38, playing like he’s older than that, and they see a future like the pats are experiencing now. 11-2 is good but they look too limited to do much in the playoffs. 

Exactly. Ben looks done. 

43 minutes ago, eball said:

Sort of.  Yes, the Jests are a trainwreck, but if you get to draft and groom Trevor Lawrence I think you take that chance.  Becoming relevant in the NFL is all about who you get at QB -- god knows as Bills fans we should all appreciate that.

If I were Daboll, I Would also take  long, hard look at the GM situation of any team considering him for HC, and their FO situation, and culture. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i would love to hear some more about this play. Can they pick like that there? He seemed like more than a yard from the LOS. If within a yard, you can pick, right? 

No they can't pick like that he interfered with the db to follow the wr on his route diff a flag but the ref did not see it that way

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have never seen so much pessimism, fatalism, and trash talking about one's own team -- when they are 11-2. ELEVEN AND TWO! They have a better record than the Bills by one game, and yet if you read the two teams' forums, it's night and day.

People are funny.  Not sure what they expected.  The Steelers had a banged up championship caliber defense with a one dimensional offense.  The Bills should have won this game.  I thought the Steeler D played well but just got worn down in addition to the Bills making good second half adjustments.

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

Too depressing/baffling.

Kinda like the majority of the first half game thread here. :D

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

The way fans/media talk about the steelers it kinda reminds me of the sabres president trophy season in 06-07, a really good team but flawed. Its like people see through it even though they're really good

Don't know if what I wrote makes any sense to anyone other than me lol

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

There is also quite a bit of talk about the Bills facing a depleted Steelers team .     A lot of the Steelers fans are confident the results will be different with their key players back.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/steelers-vs-bills-official-game-day-thread.25291/page-73

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

There is also quite a bit of talk about the Bills facing a depleted Steelers team .     A lot of the Steelers fans are confident the results will be different with their key players back.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/steelers-vs-bills-official-game-day-thread.25291/page-73

Bud Dupree and Devin Bush aren't walking through the door. Would Haden and Spillane and Williams have swung the game to the Steelers? Maybe, but I'm doubtful.

Meanwhile, their offense entered the game quite healthy, and the Bills defense shut it down.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

I mean they may not be wrong to think that...those are a lot of critical injuries they got hit with.  But you play a team when you play them.  We were missing John Brown, who seemed to be critical to our offensive success early in the year but the Bills figured out how to still make the offense go when he has been out now...

You are almost never going to be facing a team completely healthy, so unless you are playing in week 1 and have no training camp/pre-season injuries, this really doesn't mean much.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Bud Dupree and Devin Bush aren't walking through the door. Would Haden and Spillane and Williams have swung the game to the Steelers? Maybe, but I'm doubtful.

Meanwhile, their offense entered the game quite healthy, and the Bills defense shut it down.

Other than their O-Line issues.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Awesome video. 

Best part, Minkah was baiting him to make that throw.  Sitting in a cover 2, Minkah sees #2 receiver go to the flat and eyes up #1 (Davis) running a fly, he clearly mis calculated Josh's arm strength.  Maybe 2-3 NFL qbs have the talent and confidence to let that rip.

When the all-22 footage comes available, i would love to see a replay of that Knox interference (that led to a FG).  Pretty certain Beasley broke off his route and if Josh hits him up the sideline it's a TD

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Missing Spillane, Haden, and Williams probably did impact the results.  The Bills only win by one score.

But the offense is a predictable mess and this loss was more on the offense. 

Hopefully there'll be a rematch because that would probably mean both teams won at least one playoff game.

But the current state of the Steeler O means one and done unless their first playoff opponent implodes.

7 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

Missing Spillane, Haden, and Williams probably did impact the results.  The Bills only win by one score.

Hopefully there'll be a rematch because that would probably mean both teams won at least one playoff game.

But the current state of the Steeler O means one and done unless their first playoff opponent implodes.

I think the Steelers are good enough on defense to get through LV, and Miami.   Baltimore, Cleveland, and Indianapolis would be harder games, but I still think they can get to the final four.  

21 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Other than their O-Line issues.

Fair. 

But at the same time, the Bills were also missing a starting offensive lineman and their WR2.

I guess we'll never know how differently things would have gone if the Steelers were healthier. Perhaps we'll get a rematch in the playoffs and things will be different.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Look at that list of qb's i put up and act like it hasnt been a huge factor in your teams win/loss totals? seriously man. The steelers have been a good team. they have also had the sorriest slate of teams to play that i can remember. That list of qb's is horrid. They are literally drawing backup qb's almost on a weekly basis. You can pretend thats not a huge factor, but you would be wrong.

I think we would all be well-served to listen to what our own players say about the Steelers. 

Josh Allen: (7 minutes in): "Make no mistake, that's a really good team we just played.  They're an 11 win team for a reason.  That's a special defense."

You only play the schedule you have.  I thought people were mistaken to diss the Bills last year because we had a weak schedule, we still had a great defense.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, blackngolddigger said:

If we're doing the "hey we get all our guys back" game...we get John Brown for this game as well.  When Brown has played this year, we were almost unstoppable on O.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think we would all be well-served to listen to what our own players say about the Steelers. 

Josh Allen: (7 minutes in): "Make no mistake, that's a really good team we just played.  They're an 11 win team for a reason.  That's a special defense."

You only play the schedule you have.  I thought people were mistaken to diss the Bills last year because we had a weak schedule, we still had a great defense.

I have no beef with calling the Steelers a good squad. Were they 11-0 good? again, look at the list of qb's. Real good team aided by an even easier schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I totally agree - right now Big Ben’s arm is just about shot and that limits what they can do.

What I am not sure of (and hear a lot) is if it is just because of the surgery or if it is age.  Many baseball pitchers with that injury come back and are limited in year one before finding the velocity again in year 2.  I keep reading he is done and should retire - I just wonder if he gets some strength back and is better next year - especially with what he has learned in 2020.