Mike Tirico to call Steelers-Bills

Buffalo too long of a flight for Al Michaels?

Al just announced that Mike Tirico will be calling Steelers-Bills, which is annoying. It was previously announced that Michaels would be skipping some games this year, but I hoped it wouldn't be ours. I kind of figured it might be though.

The last game Al called in Buffalo must have been 56-10.

Could be wrong, but I don't think we've ever won a Tirico-called game. Dallas MNF comes to mind.

1 minute ago, QB Bills said:

That sucks. Tirico is also excellent, but Al Michaels is the best in the business and doesn't have many years left. He even stated he wanted to come to buffalo when schopp had him on last year. 

Well, clearly he doesn't want to come to Buffalo and was just pandering on the radio. What a jerk.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Well, clearly he doesn't want to come to Buffalo and was just pandering on the radio. What a jerk.

Yup. Hope he gets diarrhea next Sunday. 

Still a chance he has to come to Buffalo week 17. Dolphins game can still be flexed to Sunday night. 

12 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Collinsworth needles Michaels about "golfing in Buffalo"

I mean, I understand the urge to golf but I also understand the urge to cash million$ dollar paychecks.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth

He knows football but is basically intolerable. I think the problem is that he goes overboard praising the superstars. Tonight was a great example: Mahomes flat-out missed Kelce and even pointed at himself after the play, yet Collinsworth said Kelce ran the wrong route as if it was a fact. That crap gets old. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

He knows football but is basically intolerable. I think the problem is that he goes overboard praising the superstars. Tonight was a great example: Mahomes flat-out missed Kelce and even pointed at himself after the play, yet Collinsworth said Kelce ran the wrong route as if it was a fact. That crap gets old. 

Yeah but he makes up for it with good situational analysis and he talks about line play more than most.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s 76. Might be concerned with his health in cold weather and the travel associated with the game. Or he’s just anti-Buffalo.

Turico is insufferable, says all the right things. Knows all the right generalizations of each team. But doesn’t really know the Bills. He will harp on the expected game narrative and never vary. Used to like him. He’s just become too generic covering too many sports. Bills need to win prime time games to change

perceptions. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't care for Al that much anymore so that doesn't bother me. But Tirico is terrible.  Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth.  

I've never had an issue with Collinsworth, I think he tells it like it is.

Yeah he gushes over Tom Brady, name me one announcer who doesn't.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Buffalo too long of a flight for Al Michaels?

Al just announced that Mike Tirico will be calling Steelers-Bills, which is annoying. It was previously announced that Michaels would be skipping some games this year, but I hoped it wouldn't be ours. I kind of figured it might be though.

The last game Al called in Buffalo must have been 56-10.

Could be wrong, but I don't think we've ever won a Tirico-called game. Dallas MNF comes to mind.

A lot of announcers of national games take off Buffalo trip games. It is what it is. I remember 1 year the entire espn MNF crew took off instead of coming to Buffalo. 

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Can we replace Collinsworth too?  Give us Flutie.

I hate Collinsworth he says the same thing every week you just have to add the new team and player

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I've never had an issue with Collinsworth, I think he tells it like it is.

Yeah he gushes over Tom Brady, name me one announcer who doesn't.

"Now here's a guy"

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Don't care for Al that much anymore so that doesn't bother me. But Tirico is terrible.  Unlike many on this board, I like Collinsworth.  

Collinsworth burner account confirmed.

• Like (+1) 1

Does it really matter who is announcing this game. No matter who it is we will hear the Steelers are great, Ben is a legend, Tomlin is the best coach in football not named Bill, will Pitt go undefeated, can Pitt knock off KC in the AFC championship, can Pitt win a Super Bowl, blah blah Pitt blah blah more Pitt.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So its Mike Tricio and Collinsworth, I'd rather go to the dentist and have a root canal then listen to these two jabronis. I will definitely need to watch this game with the sound off, I can't stand either of these guys.

Love it!!!  And i agree - will be listening to tunes rather than those two clowns...errr Jabronis!

7 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

i love collinsworth. very polarizing guy. i have this conversation with friends any time he is on. I also like Michaels, but Tirico has a very good rep himself. i have not seen him call many games, personally. 

IMO  Collinsworth is a clown.  Maybe he's changed but wasn't very nice to the Bills over the years. 

Tirico is terrific.  Not disappointed at all.  As a matter of fact, he usually speaks well of Buffalo in general.  I remember the MNF game against Dallas, when he just said.......we're gonna just let you listen to this crowd......and just let the Shout song play and they panned the crowd the entire time.  Good stuff.

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

Tirico is terrific.  Not disappointed at all.  As a matter of fact, he usually speaks well of Buffalo in general.  I remember the MNF game against Dallas, when he just said.......we're gonna just let you listen to this crowd......and just let the Shout song play and they panned the crowd the entire time.  Good stuff.

Tirico went to 'Cuse. He will give us some love for sure

10 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Can we replace Collinsworth too?  Give us Flutie.

Now there’s a guy...

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Lv-Bills said:

This is the one thing that is disappointing. The Bills are finally on the big stage and fans aren't allowed to be there which is the correct move. If this were a normal year the atmosphere at Bills stadium would be insane especially for this one.

• Like (+1) 2