AJ Klein named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

But but but.... I read here... 

Good on him!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. He’s finally been put in a position that favors his skill set.

Congrats, AJ!

Which maybe was the cause for a 180?  I would say that schemes aren’t designed around backup players until they are starters and it just took a while to put this piece of the puzzle where it belongs.  

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Know what will Frazier do with millano

And Klein

Shouldn’t be that hard. Klein has shown terrible pass coverage skills and been above average playing around the line against the run and blitzing on pass downs. Milano coming back only helps with his pass coverage skills. They can put all 3 linebackers out there even though they normally don’t since they’re semi using Klein as an extra rusher. 

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He had a very good game, but this award is a joke.  Joey Bosa deserved that award, and it ain’t debatable.

I don’t think they award it to players that lose the game. They do with the rookie ones though. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I think the fact that AJ won it...makes it debatable.

Among the ignorant, I suppose. That performance by Bosa was among the best games I have ever seen by a defensive player. He was a one-man wrecking crew.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they award it to players that lose the game. They do with the rookie ones though. 

Yeah, I know, but that’s a dumb policy. It should go to the best player.

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. He’s finally been put in a position that favors his skill set.

Congrats, AJ!

I’m not arguing that. Completely different animal regardless. I would agree with others though that he’ll most likely come down to earth a bit more. Hope that’s not true. Be interesting to see what happens when Milano returns healthy. 

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He had a very good game, but this award is a joke.  Joey Bosa deserved that award, and it ain’t debatable.

Right, he deserved it more for his game against Seattle, that week Josh was  AFC OPOW, so have two players from the same team winning in offense and defense looks silly, based in performance Klein could be AFC  defensive player of  the month

This is awesome!

Big credit to Frazier (and probably McD) for re-tooling and adjusting the Defense to fit his strengths.

Going to be pretty awesome to have this in our pocket with Milano coming back. We're able to throw a TON of different looks and Defenses at opposing offenses now.

• Like (+1) 3

How could anyone watch the Bills Chargers game and come away thinking that Klein was the defensive player of the week? Bosa was significantly better. 

I'm still annoyed by this play on the Chargers first TD drive:

3rd & 10 at BUF 22

(8:08 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Herbert pass short left to A.Ekeler pushed ob at BUF 8 for 14 yards (A.Klein).

Klein bit on a screen play and wasn't fast enough to chase down Ekeler. He cost us a probable 4 points on that play. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Shouldn’t be that hard. Klein has shown terrible pass coverage skills and been above average playing around the line against the run and blitzing on pass downs. Milano coming back only helps with his pass coverage skills. They can put all 3 linebackers out there even though they normally don’t since they’re semi using Klein as an extra rusher. 

Milano and Edmunds play the majority of snaps.  Klein plays a lorax hybrid role.  You plug him in gaps along the line and can drop him and others into zone blitz type coverages.  

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

How could anyone watch the Bills Chargers game and come away thinking that Klein was the defensive player of the week? Bosa was significantly better. 

I'm still annoyed by this play on the Chargers first TD drive:

3rd & 10 at BUF 22

(8:08 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Herbert pass short left to A.Ekeler pushed ob at BUF 8 for 14 yards (A.Klein).

Klein bit on a screen play and wasn't fast enough to chase down Ekeler. He cost us a probable 4 points on that play. 

I mean, bosa got completely clubbed aside on that big moss run on the FG drive that basically won the game. 

Seriously now.....how in the heck didn't Bosa win this award?  He had 11 total tackles, 6 solo and 2.5 sacks!  Crazee!  They must value tackles more than sacks....I for one am many who is now eating crow about Klein. 

Please sir may I have another?

• Like (+1) 1