AJ Klein named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

YoloinOhio

I'll echo the several other comments- not giving it to Bosa kind of craps on the credibility of player of the week awards.

They should be called "player of the week on a team that won"? Just doesn't have the same ring to it I guess.

AJ is a savage tackler, easily the best on the team in that area. Playing him to his strengths allowed that to shine through. Now let's hope McD & Frazier keep using him in that role. I'd like to see Milano play the big nickel role & keep AJ playing the hybrid blitzer/MLB role.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think they award it to players that lose the game. They do with the rookie ones though. 

They will if it’s a one score win when most of the points come from field goals. Definitely not gonna get defensive player of the week when your team loses by two scores unless the defensive player out scores his offense. 

22 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

How could anyone watch the Bills Chargers game and come away thinking that Klein was the defensive player of the week? Bosa was significantly better. 

I'm still annoyed by this play on the Chargers first TD drive:

3rd & 10 at BUF 22

(8:08 - 1st) (Shotgun) J.Herbert pass short left to A.Ekeler pushed ob at BUF 8 for 14 yards (A.Klein).

Klein bit on a screen play and wasn't fast enough to chase down Ekeler. He cost us a probable 4 points on that play. 

Agreed.  

Congratulations to Klein.   It’s good for him and the team.  However, Bosa was looked all world on Sunday. 

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Move over cause you're not alone. When Milano gets back healthy this defense will be fun to watch. 

I really am not sure how this would work, but with Milano back, what about a 3-3-5 defense with Klein as LB but basically playing on the DL with option to rush or drop back as the situation dictates.

38 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Seriously now.....how in the heck didn't Bosa win this award?  He had 11 total tackles, 6 solo and 2.5 sacks!  Crazee!  They must value tackles more than sacks....I for one am many who is now eating crow about Klein. 

Please sir may I have another?

Probably because they screwed Klein over after the Seattle game and the Bills won.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

He had a very good game, but this award is a joke.  Joey Bosa deserved that award, and it ain’t debatable.

You ought to create a thread.  AJ's award should be traded for a bag of donuts.

AJ and Bosa traded jerseys by the way.

48 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean, bosa got completely clubbed aside on that big moss run on the FG drive that basically won the game. 

Irrational ranters do not let facts prevent their campaigns.